Playstation Flash Sale! (Not iOS)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by unlimitedfury, Mar 20, 2015.

1. unlimitedfury

unlimitedfury Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2014
  2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Good heads up - thanks!

3. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    If only it were EU too.

4. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Is it true they are closing the playstation store?

5. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    No. Who told you that?

6. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Wut.

That's one rumor I never even heard.

7. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    I must have heard that wrong. Sorry to alarm. I read that a few days ago on facebook. Thanks for clarifying.

8. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Well I just did this crazy thing called an internet search and found that they are closing their mobile store.

9. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    They're closing PlayStation Mobile pretty soon, yes. That was their strange Android/Vita indie dump that never really went where it was supposed to, wherever that was. Lots of neat ports from smartphones on there, like Ambition of the Slimes. Rather egregiously, after September, you won't even be able to redownload purchases from there, and won't even be able to run the games on hardware that hasn't been activated prior to a certain date.

This sale is for PSN proper, which won't be closing anytime soon. I spent a tenspot on there myself today, and if I didn't already own half the list it would have been a lot more.

10. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Planning on getting a ps3 soon, havent had a playstation since ps2... Am i able to create an account and buy these before i own the console?

11. mattmanp

mattmanp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Yes, you can make one and buy up some games. I also highly suggest getting PS+. You get games every month at no cost. If you think you'll get a PS4 or PS Vita some day you can even "buy" those games without owning the system so you can have a library already when you do get one some day.

12. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I believe so. Just out of curiosity, why the PS3 over the PS4?

13. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up, I bought Surgeon Simulator for my PS4 and it's 200% harder than the mobile version, go ahead and try to beat the first surgery I double dare you!
    Now seriously, I love this PSN sales, I bought last week TLOU for $20 and now SS for less than a dollar :D

14. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Do they run these sales frequently? I'm planning on eventually getting a Vita but not yet.

15. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    It's seems like a monthly thing, but there are some other sales that are like Steam ones, pretty random and quite good

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Awesome! Thanks!

17. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    You do have to consider if you're going to need PS+ for a PS4 to play multiplayer games online and if you want to pay an ongoing subscription fee.

If you also don't end up wanting to pay at some point you lose access to all the PS+ games you subscribed to. Another downside which I hated is getting free games on PS+ but unable to purchase it when it went on sale for a real good price as long as you were subscribed at the time.

I do like the cloud storage that it offers for save games as piece of mind however