play'n'pass poker

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by underthesun, Jun 14, 2009.

1. underthesun

underthesun Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xazYhcfrZuY

So I made a game on impulse because it seems that nobody has made it before.. a pass'n'play texas holdem game where all you need is one device to play with friends. The ones in the app-store are either online, wifi, or vs computers. None pass'n'play (as far as I've searched, and I did search quite a bit).

Complete with dealer voice announcing player actions, hand types, and anti-cheat mechanisms (it makes a sound when someone tries to open it). You have to hold two buttons at once to peek at your card, so there won't be accidental peeking when you hand the device to your friend.

It's coming to the app store, though I'm currently talking to a publisher to see if they're up for it. Then again, I don't know if this is the type of thing they want, and even less sure on how well this game will perform (sales-wise).

Now I'm going to be working on the next game. Not sure what yet..

p.s it's called hoverpoker

2. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    Uhh... I think I accidentally posted this on the wrong forum. should be in upcoming games. Or should it be here? Can someone move it?

3. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Just quick FYI, I recall seeing a 'pass the iphone' poker game about a month ago, but just did a quick search and was unable to locate it.

4. underthesun

Dec 23, 2008
    Out in the app store? I've searched to no avail, would really love to hear more about it.