Playing a perfect game possible in Fieldrunners 2

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by y2kmp3, Jul 29, 2012.

1. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #1 y2kmp3, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    There has been a lot of discussion on the high level of difficulty in Fieldrunners 2, even on casual level.

Beyond this, a few of us are also wondering if it is even possible to play a so-called "perfect game" in Fieldrunners 2. A "perfect game" is defined as solving all maps (including puzzle maps) with the following criteria:

1. No reselling / replanting of towers (known as ping-ponging). The only exceptions are puzzles from Be Mine for levels that specifically require you to sell towers as part of the solution.
    2. No use of special items.
    3. No use of airstrike.
    4. No loss of lives.
    5. No hack (obviously).
    6. No backtracking by playing a level (including endless mode) multiple times to earn more resources to open up towers. In other words, each level is played once and once only. This condition is important because one can easily dominate a level with the use of the Ice, Spark, and Power Towers.

There have been many solutions posted to almost all of the maps for all levels of difficulty. However, I have yet to see (to date) a "perfect game" played on casual, tough, or heroic.

Now, I can at least report that a "perfect game" is possible for casual. I have just done this. It is not known (to date) if this is possible for tough or heroic.

I am aware that many gamers do not care for a "perfect game" as long as all of the stars are scored. I also know, however, that there are a few of us who want to go for the "ultimate" win. Because the levels are entirely deterministic, the solutions themselves should be entirely deterministic as well.

In the days to come, I will try to post some screenshots showing my strategy for the "perfect game". I invite others to post their screenshots of their "perfect game" and to verify the posted strategy here.

Game on!

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
  3. jeffers

jeffers Member

Jul 27, 2012
    this is your personal rules or it is to get the badge?
    in the badge seling towers is allowed no?
    i think some conditions are possible on heroic.
    but without selling towers(juggling) i would doubt there is a possible solution to keep perfect lives, i dont even think it is possible to beat the game without selling towers.
    also realistically to play 30 hours or whatever without once fuking up i dont think that realistic either.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    No, it is not a personal goal. Rather, it is a common goal pursued by many TD gamers. Supposedly, according to the developer, the game is entirely winnable without replanting, special items, or airstrike. Thus, I think, for those who are interested in pursuing an extra challenge, that there is a need to set such a standard for the posted solutions. There have been many solutions posted already for many levels of the game, but I think setting a standard will provide an efficient way to filter out the many less optimal solutions so to retain only the good ones.

What do you think?

5. jeffers

jeffers Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #5 jeffers, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    replanting means selling allowed but not building the same tower at the same place later on?
    well i didnt build my mazes to have a strong ground attack as its easier to focus on the air and juggle the ground units so i can not judge if it is possible.
    i dont get the point anyways why selling tower can not be a nice solution. obviously you will start out with gatlins as they are the only affordable ones and replace them by better towers later on, placing the better tower at a worse place just because there is already a gatlin from early on seems stupid.
    i did all levels heroic with condition 2,3,5 and since i only used ice tower propably 6 as well. if its possible without life loss combined with the other condiitons i would think a level like carnie guarding or turbo dryer on heroic propably not.

not counting the 3250 bug level