Playground Wars

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by glowdot, Jan 2, 2014.

1. glowdot

glowdot Well-Known Member

Hey Android gamers! I've been meaning to post about Playground Wars for Android for a bit but we wanted to get the game just right before we started really letting people know about it. Just before NYE we posted version 1.2 to Google Play and I'm now satisfied the game is awesome on as many devices as we could possibly support.

Playground Wars is a 2D castle defense game. In the game, you command Alex, a boy who's playground has been invaded by bullies from the next street over. Recruit your friends and use special perks and upgrades to battle for the title King of the Playground over 112 hand crafted levels!

Android: Out now!

[​IMG]

Gameplay videos:

Playground Wars features:

* 4 locations, each with night and day settings
    * 5 types of weather
    * 10 friendly units
    * 14 enemy units including really great bosses
    * 9 special attacks
    * 112 levels
    * and something like 450 upgrades. I lost count.

The strategy is in the combinations of all of the above. Some units have bonuses or penalties depending on the weather or time of day. For example, some cost more at night, or have weaker attack when it's snowing. The units themselves all have very noticeable differences -- some have really long reach, some fire projectiles, some have high levels of HP or armor. And then the units themselves have bonuses or penalties against other individual units and unit types.

Its pretty complex, which keeps the game interesting over 112 levels. And we spent the last 4 months just on the level design. When you get comfortable with one strategy we pull the rug out from under you and force you to really think about how to win the round.

And best of all, Playground Wars is FREE!