Universal Platform Defense (by ParkPill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Park Pill, Nov 1, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Almost forgot about this one. Too many games to remember. Downloading now. I'll leave some imps if anybody wants them. Sounds like Jay and SV have it covered though.

2. Park Pill

Park Pill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Ooh! Me! Me! I want that imps! :D

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. Of course YOU do!

4. ginkomanc

ginkomanc Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2013
    And me. I love these type of games so any imps will be welcomed.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alrighty... Playing some more... I got stuck on wave 42, but the game keeps all your traps and upgrades when you go back and restart at the last checkpoint (which is every 10 stages).

I'm positive I'll unlock all the traps before the end of the game, and I might be able to get another hero after the one that unlocks when you do beat the game the first time... But the prices for heroes seem reasonable.

It was strange that on wave 40 & 41 I was able to complete the waves with about 5 traps, but on wave 42, I had about 25 active by the time I beat it. But that was probably just my crap ass strategy.
    I did sit there and just let the game play for about an hour while I sat there and kept hitting 'replay' just to get some more $$ and upgrade my traps. If that mechanic is changed (keeping your placed traps and currency earned after the checkpoint and before restarting), I could see the gameplay getting pretty frustraiting...

I dunno... For a buck, and supporting an indie dev I respect, it's easy to feel good about the purchase and the couple hours of gameplay I've gotten out of it so far. But I think ATM, ima stick with the 4 stars... Keep playing... Hope to unlock other heroes and see if the game opens up a bit more after that... Though, without the heroes having some sort of ability/stat change (other than how hard they attack)/specialized hero-based traps, I can't see it really opening too much on the strategy side of things...

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I would pay $1 each for all the heroes

7. BigJuice

BigJuice Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Just wait til level 71 it gets very hard. Thats where I got stuck. Took me I dunno, over an hour to reach 71 and I've been stuck on that level with at least 2 dozen restarts. The "watch video after x amount of stars gained" wasn't working for me, I dunno if they put a cap for how many times you can do it in a day or what, but it wasn't working. I couldn't gain any extra gold through that and I could only play level 70 over and over again only gaining just over a hundred gold at a time before having to go through level 71 to lose and to start over again... man it gets old pretty fast. Lvl 71 the guys have a lot of life and they don't freeze so you can't really slow them down without clearing traps to make room for temporary walls.

8. FreshMin

FreshMin Member

Jun 13, 2010
    fun!!!

It`s real fun!!!:)

9. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Hi,
    Sorry you feel that way :( There is an update that I submitted. But it takes too long for Apple to review. Anyway, I want users to clear the game not stuck around at some point. So I lowered the difficulty in the next update. So.. I'm kinda hoping you get to try the next version in the near future.
    Until that, I suggest that you could try the Fire traps more efficiently. I added it at the end of the thread. So.. Hope you try that :)

[Few things you should know]
    - A monster takes damages from FIRE gradually.
    - When a monster STARTED to burn, it takes 2x damages.
    - ICE extinguishes FIRE

10. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I use fire on every part . It would be helpful for it not to be as hard thou 2 game playing days for one run through is too much

11. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    I hope it to be not too much hard, too. So I am working on balancing the game. And Fire on every part is not good :(
    Here is an explanation for how monsters take damages from Fire.
    Fire(damage 8) hits a monster -> It takes damage like 16 -> 7 -> 6 -> 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1

And, again, Ice extinguishes Fire. :)

12. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    [Upcoming update]
    Friends will be helping hero attack monsters! They are unlocked by completing achievements. It will make the game more easier.
    Check the youtube video that I uploaded.
    P.S. I am surprised that many people already cleared the game. You can check it in the leaderboard.

13. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    #33 Park Pill, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    I found some bug and rejected update review. So I fixed it and added achievement in the next update version. Please enjoy waiting :)

14. cookietroll

cookietroll Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Only thanks to hand trap, that throws enemies down one floor I could get past level 71, where the new non-freeze enemy gains like 10 times higher health. But at level 75 there is new type of flying enemy with 10 times the health and they all reach me green. I have no strategy so far how to stop them.

Also I figured out that taping shoots fireballs faster than holding. Taping with two fingers alterating is even better.

15. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Yes, it is faster to tap. But your fingers will suffer!

To beat the second flying enemies, SpikeDrop and Iceball are your friends. That is my strategy. Others might have another strategies. I noticed 48 people already beaten the wave 100. You can check it on the leaderboard. I really wonder how they make such a high score.

But I have a good new!

Some people have already complained about flying units. So an update version that includes a antiaircraft gun is on the way! If you wait a few more days, you can have the antiaircraft gun on your battle field! :)

And the friends of the hero are also on the way. You can unlock them by completing achievements.

16. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I just started playing yesterday and am enjoying it so far, I'm only at level 30 ish though so it's not too difficult at the moment. Defence games are not usually my kind of thing but I'm enjoying this one.

17. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm happy to hear you are enjoying the game. If you have any problem with the game, I'm happy to hear about it :)

18. BigJuice

BigJuice Member

Nov 4, 2015
    Any idea when that update is coming out Pill? Thanks.

19. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    No idea. Apple does not provide us with how many days it takes to be reviewed. Normally, it takes less then 2 weeks. But you never know :(

20. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Mine that helps collects coins will be added in the update after the next one.