Universal Plasma Sky (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Volbard

Volbard Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I submitted a small update with these changes:
    - Fixed a particle leak
    - Added muzzle flare for more player weapons
    - Added boss names
    - Tweaked Spreadshot Power-up
    - Improved resolution of mine (green) enemies

That will be out when Apple approves it!

I'll respond more tomorrow, it's late. Thanks all! :)

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Wow, that was fast! I am curious as to exactly what you did with the spread shot.

3. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    I narrowed it a bit. You're right, I like it with a little tighter cone of fire!

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Haha..yeah.. For things like shmups, I prefer 10-20 minutes per game till game over. For longer games, I like 3-5 hours till I beat the game. Don't really have time to get into too many 10+ hour games now a days. With the number of games that comes out on the iOS, I really appreciate shorter games as I'm sure a lot of us goes through a bunch of games each day/week. That, and I probably have ADD now, so its hard to play most games for longer than 10 minutes at a time too. =P

Strangely though, especially for some endless runners, I'll sit there on the toilet for an hour just grinding.. Go figure... =P

5. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Oh, excellent! Cone of Fire... That should be a movie title :D Yeah, the typical spread shot is so ugly to me. When I say typical, I mean those that have a really wide spread, where it is bullet, huge space, bullet, huge space, bullet, huge space. I like spread shots how I like my soup: CHUNKY :p

Sitting on the toilet grinding is right after the Ritalin kicks in :eek:

I see your point. I just know that when I find a game I like, I like to see as much content out of it as possible. I'm also more lenient with a larger file size with a game I really like, since the games I dislike get deleted and make room. Speaking of, this game is huge! :rolleyes:

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    It seems like an incredibly dull week of releases this week so glad this came out. At this point, it's my GoTW!

7. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Just wanted to say I grabbed this game as soon as I saw it and have been playing it almost non-stop. Thank you to the developer, this is an amazing game :)

8. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    #108 Volbard, Mar 21, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
    Thanks, glad you're having fun!

Hope it's small enough to stick around for a while. :)

I was just talking with friends about how there should be abridged versions of long games. If the next Final Fantasy game had an 8-hour version available, I'd actually play it!

9. Volbard

Feb 26, 2011
    Hey, there's a poll for that now!

https://www.facebook.com/PocketGamer1/app_156970457689987

If you like the game and could vote in the poll, that would be super cool! If you are confused and frightened by facebook like I am, that's cool too. :)

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Dropped to 0.99

11. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I guess you were waiting for a sale? Don't see your name on the boards yet.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Nah.. This one really just doesn't appeal to me... =o/

13. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Really... Hmmm. That surprises me. It's not revolutionary, but it's a solid little title. But that's what makes the world go around!

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Fell in love with the video! Music, graphics, attention to detail... truly a labor of love! Downloading!!

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's a shocker. But definitely more casual so as a shump lover, it may not be enough of a challenge. More massive number of enemy overload than bullet-hell. Still really a blast to play though and, even though I'm far from being good at shumps, I hope they do consider difficulty levels.

You might want to give it a shot one day. Very impressive debut for a one-man team.

16. SumoSplash

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    There is a 'don't fall asleep behind the wheel' type of challenge to this, where it's easy to lose track of the one bullet that is sneaking up on you, slowly. This bullet becomes pretty significant if you die with one hit. I actually enjoy this as much as Danmaku 2 in many ways, albeit from a totally opposite perspective in terms of chaos each one offers.

17. This looks awesome. I think I will get this.

18. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    #118 sleb, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    After reading all the good things said about this game, and growing up with all the games it was based on, had to purchase. Also good to support the small indie devs who are active here on TA.
    Edit****played a few games and I must say everyone is right. This is one great game. Controls are spot on and anyone who has ever wanted a fun game to play should pick it up. Well worth the price. I too would enjoy a endless type version.

19. Hi!

Any chance for icade core joystick support? Games like Danmaku 2, Phoenix hd, warblade, super crossfire, etc have icade core joystick support.

Anyway to add it into this game? Pretty please? It would rock.

Attached Files:

20. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    Bought this game last night. I love it. Looking forward to playing it some more. I really think you did a great job with the controls. Apparently I missed the sale by a mere hour or two. Oh well. No problem giving you the extra $1.