iPhone Plants Vs. Zombies HD (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. DJDJDJ

DJDJDJ Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Quote from app description: "MULTIPLE FUN-DEAD GAME MODES
    Conquer all 50 levels of Adventure mode — through day, night, fog, in a swimming pool, on the rooftop — and unlock 18 Mini-Games and the ultra-challenging Survival mode. Replay your favorite levels with Quick Play mode."

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Totally right in fact the mini games and survival mode are shown when you select Quick Play in the menu. There's also 5 more section, day, night pool, fog and roof. And each allow 5 selections, one is the game where there's on top a roll of items to select instead of using the sun system. The four other sub selection allow select the strong opponent, it seems to be like 25 of the 50 levels of the adventure mode.

So in comparison with the goty edition there's only the puzzle mode not in ipad version.

It's a great game, found the adventure mode very fun, perhaps 50 levels is a bit low, and the difficulty isn't high but it was fine for me.

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Isnt there like mp for the xbox one? Is there mp for this too?

4. NoThru22

NoThru22 Well-Known Member

That's like an Xbox exclusive feature like.

5. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    On sale right now for $6.99.

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 1.0.3

7. spblat

spblat Active Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Sound problem?

Any other iPad 2 users having this sound problem? The longer I play, the fewer sound effects I hear. Eventually it goes totally silent. Only workaround is to force quit the game and re-launch, and that only works for about 10 minutes.

8. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Hmmm glad, I read this, I really wanted PvZ since I just recently got my new ipad 2. Seems like it might be a problem with iOS 4.3 maybe?

9. spblat

spblat Active Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Get it regardless. This game is epic. I'd already played through the campaign several times on my iPhone, but I had to have the iPad version.

Anyone else with the audio issue? I've noticed that force quit isn't the only way to get relief. Getting a life and doing something else for awhile, then coming back to the game also restores all the sound effects for awhile.

10. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    On sale for 1.99 Get it now, awesome game and proceeds go towards Japan relief effort! Support doesnt get much easier than this folks!

11. Rickwild

Rickwild Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Cant get enough of this game, very addicting.

12. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I have the same problem (iPad 2 as well). The sound drops out after a few minutes. The music comes back every now and then, but the effects are still missing.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'll have to try it out, I didn't notice any issues when I was playing on my iPad 2 last night, but I had the volume down quite a bit.

As for other issues in the game, I REALLY wish they'd add in things like the Zen Garden. SO much. Even something tiny would really make the game so much more special.

I'd even take it as an IAP if that was my only option!

14. fatkid98

fatkid98 New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Both my fiance and I have Plants Vs. Zombies HD on our iPad 2's. We are both having the audio problem while playing. Anyone using ios 4.3 on a 1st gen iPad having these problems too?

15. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Nope, I played it on a first gen iPad and it worked flawlessly.

16. GwenevereLynn

GwenevereLynn New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Thank you SO MUCH! I have P vs. Z on my phone and I was like, I'm not spending 6.99 on the same game for my iPad. I just stumbled upon your post and I just now ran to the app store and bought it! :D I really appreaciate you going out of your way to let others know about great deals like this.

17. Moatman

Moatman Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Guess the sale time must have been based on another country, was out of town this afternoon but not near wifi, got home at 11pm edt and no more sale:( Was finally planning to double dip, pre-ordered it originally on Steam.

18. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    It was already on sale since the 19th.... :eek:

19. Moatman

Moatman Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Yeah, just meant that I figured when they said the 19th and 20th, it would be until 11:59 in at least one region in the US for the 20th, having been away from wifi for both days.

If it hadnt explicitly said "19th and 20th" and just said "limited time" I wouldn't have said anything, just pointing out it wasn't on sale still on the 20th when I tried buying it.