iPhone Plants Vs. Zombies HD (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    peggle for ipad... my god i swear, i mean itdoesnt look bad on ipad, but it could be sweetened up for really high end stuff similar to xbox live, and wud prob be better then xbox live too... they said though they dont release stuff until it is perfect and wlel suited so :)

2. Neidal

Neidal Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Real Estate Property Manager
    Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
    I wonder if Popcap will be doing an update to iOS PvZ to incorporate the recent 2 player VS Mode introduced to the XBL version? This may convince me to update my PvZHD and say goodbye forever to Michael Jackson Zombie...

Has anyone heard any rumblings from Popcap Games?

3. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    I'm ready for PvZ 2. How bout you?

4. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    i highly doubt that for the main reason of the Xbox live's version relying on this very mode. For example PC owners have zen garden, iphone users have the cheapest price, ipad users have survival endless for $10, and xbox live users have multiplayer modes for $15. It costs more by $5 so thats why they get the co op modes. I really hope for inapp purchase

5. tochan

tochan Well-Known Member

I just snatched this one.. impulse buy o_O

I just got my 3g 32gb ipad, and downloaded bunch of games.. wow.. I hope I won't regret it..

6. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

The only thing you'll regret is that you should have gotten the 64GB version because you're going to fill that one way too quick! ;)

You definitely won't regret the game purchase. It's the best version so far!

7. tochan

tochan Well-Known Member

yep, I already regretted it..

but oh well, now that I got the 32gb version, I can get a premium headphone that previously was out of my budget.. hehe..

8. LibertyCabbage

LibertyCabbage Active Member

Aug 11, 2010
    I'm not too concerned with having a 32 GB edition. I've already got a ton of apps and photos, and not even half full on the device. I don't use it much for music though, so that makes a difference probably for many. I don't use my iPad like an oversized iPod.

9. moisty

moisty Member

Jun 18, 2010
    +1

I have the PC version of PvZ so can't justify double dipping with the iPad. But I'd gladly get the next one one it though. :D

10. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    50% off, now $4.99

11. HockeyDoc

HockeyDoc Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Academic study; additional work as a writer, edito
    Halloween sale or price reduction? They put the PC version on sale last year just before the zombie holiday, so I'm guessing sale...plus the iPhone version is also down, to $0.99.

12. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    I suppose it's just because of the iphone deduction to bottom price, and it worked for me as it's this iphone I reduction quoted in one of the free app a day site (doing sometimes only prices drop instead of free) that put my attention on this ipad sale.

But my question is, I wonder if it really worth it. It is old so the gameplay based on very simple rules could have become a bit old. It seems not really a TD but more a game like Vanguard Storm but with less subtle rules.

So I'm hesitant between pick the cheap iphone version to fulfill my curiosity and won't find it that good so I won't regret later not have save the buck and buy directly the ipad version. The option is to buy directly the ipad version and save one buck and find it good enough to not regret the 5 bucks.

Mmm perhaps there's a computer demo.

13. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    I have totally no regret when i payed the full price for this game a month ago.
    It is really worth it in my opinion with lots of replay value after finishing the story mode.

Also lots of mini games and a survival mode plus the option to buy better plants later on really stretches the game replay value.

I bet you won't be dissapointed when you buy the game for this price.

Btw....check also some youtube movies from the ipad version to get a better impression.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Why not just the iphone version x2'ed on ipad?
    I mean ... 4$ difference is ludicrous ... :confused::confused::confused:

15. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    @FPE: Lol, as quoted so many times about this sort of post, if you disagree with HD price and feel the iphone version does the full job, pick the iphone version. :) Myself there's some games I have only in iphone version that's it. There's even few I have in both version and use the iphone version. But ok I understand your feeling, even if behind this, there's a debate not that simple.

@RodmanSan: Thanks for the additional details and suggestions, I have also seen there's a demo but on PC only. For the video I saw few but not much, among trailers and demo not showing users actions it's hard to get a good idea. I haven't found any video with real play with an iPad allowing see clearly the fingers actions.

16. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Got it when it finally became on sale!

Good game, makes use of the multitouch well!

Like the nut bowling so far.. Kinda cute..

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Qordobo, mine was a question more like, is there a diffence apart from graphics? I have finished this over and over on pc, so it is just curiosity ... I won't buy it and play it again.

18. DJDJDJ

DJDJDJ Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #118 DJDJDJ, Oct 29, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
    If you compare this with pc version, apart from multi-touch support, one additional mini-game, and absence of zen garden it's the same game.
    iPhone version only includes the main story and a quick play mode.

19. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    For the current PC/Mac version there's 4 modes, Adventure, Survival, Puzzle and Mini-Games. I could try only the Adventure Mode through the demo, perhaps other modes require finish the Adventure or progress in it further than I did.

The iPad version has 2 modes, Adventure and Quick Play, ie it seems like the iPhone version, not sure if the iPhone version has multi touch or not. Also on iPad it looks so better because of the gloomy screen you can hardly use with a desktop computer plus a screen size matching perfectly the game to make it looks at its best and still with a high comfort of play.

It's a great game and at its current price, not that cheap nor that high, it's a very good pick. It's still fresh because Tower Defense are different and it has a lot of features. Also it is different than Vanguard Storm and if Vanguard Storm has a bit more sophisticated rules I'm not sure it has as more features than PvZ. Anyway great pick, nice sale.

20. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Thanks.
    And yes this is a must for who has not played it yet!