iPad Plants vs Zombies (by Popcap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i think i was confused because i saw endless mode on the IPAD. i kept thinking they were using the same game for both. doh.

2. Lesock

Lesock New Member

Jun 17, 2011
    One more plant but no joy

Hello helpful forum.

I have have had all but one plant in my zen garden. Furthermore the only achievement I need is Enlightenment! I have played through the game several times in adventure and Cannot face another round. I buy plants from Dave every day! It's been like this for months. The plant I need is Doom shroom. I think I had it when iOS first got the zen garden but sold it to buy minigames not knowing at the time about what Enlightenment involved!
    Does anyone have any tips on getting Doom shroom? Is there a particular mini game I can play until I get it?
    Any help would be so gratefully received

3. thehype

thehype Member

Nov 10, 2010
    anyone else facing strange problems on push notifications while in the zen garden?

my plants don't want anything anymore when this happens! I could not get them to glow golden after that!

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I had to post it because my sister just sent me this MMS today :D

[​IMG]

5. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Hahah never expected something like this!!

6. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    I can't beat the last boss what do I do

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Save the ice shrooms to destroy the fireballs and the jalapenos to destroy the ice balls.

The rest should fall into place. Good luck!

8. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    You can set your iphone clock forward a day, buy a plant, rinse, repeat, until you get your doom shroom.

Oddly, that was the last one for me, too.

9. Junpei

Junpei Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Well, sorry if someone asked this before, I did a quick search but nothing came up... anyway, I purchased all plants, their upgrades and the Imitater from Dave's shop, but Morticulturalist achievement didn't unlock :(
    I tried starting an Adventure level, a mini-game, a quick play and, of course, checked the Suburban Almanac: all 49 plants are there, but the achievement is not.

Has anyone experienced this before? If that so, is there a way to make the achievement pop up, or am I forced to start over with another profile and see if I'll be more lucky with that?

Thanks in advance!

10. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Hey guys!
    Check gamecenter! Achievements and leaderboards are added, which means update! I,Zombie + I,Zombie Endless

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Great update. Game is currently on sale for $0.99. If it's possible there are still people out there without the game..grab it now.

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Too bad I only have $7000 or so, spent the rest unlocking the other mini-games and havent played since. If the new pack is fun, I suppose I could sell my garden, since I dont mess with it anymore. Aint no other way I'm going to get $150,000 at this point.

13. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    I have 15,000 right now and I'm wondering what I should do with my Zen Garden. I have two shrooms right now and I think I should save up to get a Shroom garden, but is that worth it so early?

Also, I'm pretty new to the Zen Garden stuff so any tips would help. Thanks!

14. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #1214 Drexiel, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    yeah you should get it, night garden and water garden will be what makes you the most money....

those gardens are only to get ur plants to adult and sell them, each "adult" plant will sell for $10,000... And if you have 10 chocolates(10 is the max you can have, so any gifts after having 10 chocolates will be only plants), you'll get a lot of plants for the zen garden... specially if u play night levels on survival or minigames... sames goes for pool levels giving mostly water plants

those 2 gardens might seem expensive, but when you see how much money you can make off of it, you'll gladly pay up for them (This is all based on my 30+ hours with the ps3 version, i still have yet to play past stage 1-3 on my ipod)

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Ugh. This game is driving me crazy. I used to love it and still do love the parts I can play. But I'm clueless when it comes to gardens and all this other stuff. I don't mind a little grinding in games, but I just want to play all the new modes that have come out in the last few updates. But I don't have anywhere near enough cash in-game.

16. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Do you have access to the Last Stand minigame? You can farm coins using that pretty easily. With the right setup, you can AFK and just come back at the end of each flag to replace your garlics and start the next one. Someone posted a picture of a good setup earlier in this thread.

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm actually not even sure. I beat the game and got the zen garden, although when I open the game the adventure mode shows 1-2 as my level. It's possible I started another adventure mode game once I finished it though. As far as mini-games, I only have ZomBotany. I don't even know what is in the mini-game packs, which is part of my frustration. I currently have 20,000 coins, far from the 50,000 I need to get even 1 mini-game pack. Argh! But despite my frustration, this game stays on my top games page because I just can't bring myself to move or delete it.

18. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #1218 Drexiel, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    i used to play last stand to farm coins, but i stopped doing it cuz i had 10 chocolates and i played a LOT of night+pool levels...

here's a vid of the last stand set up

My setup was a bit different since i had more flowers and i didnt play the gloom shrooms on the water, and i only had 2 gold magnets... but this will work

Side Note: Again, having 10 chocolates will help you getting a lot of normal and water plants on this level :)

19. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    After you beat the game, it starts another adventure for your automatically.

But that's basically where I stand. I'm totally clueless with Zen Garden, and I'm not really too sure about any of the mini-games. I've been playing Quick-play mostly, as well as some I, Zombie games, but Zombotany isn't too fun and I'm not too sure what the other mini-games are. I also have no idea what trophies do (they seem to be separate from achievements). I got one trophy already and I don't even know why, and there's no where to find a list of trophies in the game.

But yeah, I guess I'll save up to 30K to buy a night garden now.

20. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    If you have any questions about Zen Garden, feel free to ask in this thread. I'm sure many posters would be glad to help. The trophies come from completing the minigames and puzzles. You get one for each that you beat.