iPad Plants vs Zombies (by Popcap Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 14, 2010.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmmm that China part interests me... someone wanna give me a hint to what that is since I don't have the game yet? >< haha i will get it one day!

2. calvinscott

calvinscott Active Member

Aug 13, 2011
    the new update only add more mini games, where is the endless mode, c'mon popcap :mad:

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    I'd actually deleted this from my 'phone after getting fed up with trying to get the 'Lucky Spin' achievement (the only one I didn't have) - I must have played that level fifty times without getting the three diamonds. It's not even a fun level...

Anyway, the updated achievements having tipped me the wink that an update was on the way I reinstalled it and have to say I'd forgotten how much fun it was - starting again with the limited selection of plants was quite interesting too, all my old tactics had to be changed and reevaluated.

I'd forgotten how long it took to grind coins on this game, though (I had about 250,000 spare when I removed it) - paying a couple of quid to be able to unlock all the mini games again is looking very tempting (after all, it's not cheating if I've already done it 'properly' - is it?)...

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    This game needs the survival levels that were in the PC orignal where you have the 5 different types of stages (ie, frontyard, backyard, roof and so on) then each one has an easy mode with just 5 flags then normal with 10 flags and hard which is endless.

Honestly I doubt I will keep playing to earn enough to unlock the mini games because grinding for coins just takes too long, at least in an endless mode can at least try to see how far I can get and have fun doing it. I appreciate the updates and all but I just want the survival modes.

5. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    100% agree with this. Come on Popcap. the lack of updates or information for the Ipad versions of this and Bejwelled is nuts.

6. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    i want multiplayer via gamecenter, versus, like in the console versione :sbav:

7. Lesock

Lesock New Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Anyone managed sol iviticus achievement

Last of the new achievements and I'm stuck. Need to get to flag 5 on last stand with 2000 sun. I have tried a number of combinations of plants but can't seem to get further than flag 3. Would love to hear if someone has managed to achieve this and how. Thanking you in advance

8. Graymalkin

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    #1188 Graymalkin, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    I used a slight variation of T1allen's layout from http://plantsvszombies.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Stand_Strategies - so I take none of the credit! :)

Since I was only trying to keep 2,000 sun, rather than as much as possible, I played it safe (perhaps too safe, but it worked :)):

[​IMG]

Just need to keep an eye on the Garlic and the Tall-nuts and you should be fine...

ETA: When 'gold-farming' on Last Stand has anyone else noticed that, apart from on the first flag, your Marigolds stop producing coins when the 'A huge wave of zombies is approaching' message appears?

9. macachia

macachia Member

Aug 4, 2011
    #1189 macachia, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    Hi,

I have problems with 1 achievements, namely:

Enlightened (collect all zen garden, mushroom garden and aquarium garden plants). Have all the plants except for the 3-pea shooter and reverse-pea shooter

Any tricks I may use for the above?

Cheers!
    Bill

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I just picked this up (finally!) on the sale. What do I have to do to unlock the alternate play modes? Complete 50 levels? If so, does it get realllly hard? I'm on level 18 now and doing OK so far, but I'm not a tower defense veteran and just picked this up based on the outstanding "If you only own one TD game this is the one to own" reviews.

Digging it, BTW, just wanna know if in reality I will never be able to unlock the extra modes.

- GregB

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Has anyone else had major crashing problems since the last update? I think it crashed ~5 times for me the first night I played it, and it hasn't stopped. I hope PopCap addresses whatever is causing it, as it makes it hard to attempt minigames or achievements when I'm not even sure I'll be able to finish one game.

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    What device/generation are you using?

13. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    iPhone 4, latest version of iOS

14. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I'm about to plunk down my 2 bucks for HD, but your post caught my attention.

Other than Zen Garden, I'm curious what is missing from the iPad version that is present in the iPhone version. From what I can tell, HD still has more mini games, but maybe I'm missing something?

15. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    What is the difference between the 3 coin packs?

16. Hebug

Hebug Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Is this confirmed? If so that really sucks since I was hoping that farming coins on Last Stand would help unlock the other minigame packs. Of course since PopCap wants money it wouldn't surprise me if they broke marigold farming for real revenue.

17. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    anyone know if endless mode is here yet or coming?

18. casuallover

casuallover Active Member

May 13, 2011
    I've spoken to a few folks working on the iPhone version in PopCap and unfortunately the endless modes were impossible on iPhone. The processor is not fast enough to handle that many projectiles and Zombies on screen.

The code was not rewritten when the iPhone version was created just lumped over from Mac with some rendering, control and UI changes. Unfortunately it's very badly optimized as a result.

The reality is PopCap is an excellent PC dev company but I don't think there up to the standards of Halfbrick, Rovio, Firemint when it comes to pure iPhone development.

19. pixelchild

pixelchild Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    thanks!

20. Graymalkin

Jul 4, 2011
    Gentleman Adventurer.
    Lancaster, UK
    I think I may have phrased that badly - I mean that the Marigolds often don't produce coins during the final wave - they do the rest of the time.

Having thought about it, and given that it's on a 'phone, it may even be the game limiting how much is going on on-screen...