Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    #121 Phoenix24, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Just create a NZ account, it takes five mins.

Sure this is more legit than using illegal software, since most TA users will have more than one country's iTunes account :)

2. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    It's not allowed, no. Don't give out IPA files or file locations here: if somebody can't acquire a game's IPA file via an official Apple app store somewhere, somehow, then they simply have to go without.

Linking to a guide that explains how to make an account in the NZ app store is fine, but linking to actual IPA files, not so much.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #123 Exact-Psience, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    That is still basically stealing. You are not contributing to the game's itunes stats, and getting the game from sources other than the appstore where it is intended to be acquired from is basically stealing.

4. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    What a tool.

5. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Ah! So once you download the patch, retina assets are added to the game. It's much better now :)

6. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Wouldn't they still get the stats when you get update number 1, when the product is available in your country? And what else is being stolen? This is only a temporary solution.

7. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    I have played through the first 6 levels. I think it's great. Just as fun as the original. I like the plant food addition and was happy to see that you can get extra plant food from killing the glowing zombies. The IAP is optional it seems and there are no timers like RR3. I think they did a good job with it. Only people who want to more or less cheat to win will be paying for IAP.

8. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    How does the cloud saves work, iCloud?

9. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Erm, you quoted my post but were responding to EP's statement there.

10. Scorpion008

Scorpion008 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    True this. Take note all.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Actually even after that "initial" patch, I still feel like the art isn't that sharp. But I nev4r played it without that patch since it downloaded the first time I started. I even feel like the first game was a lot sharper.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It doesnt mean that getting the game legitimately when it hits every appstore that getting it any other way previous to that isnt stealing.

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Say what you want to say, but i am firmly against piracy. Period.

14. Bathplug

Bathplug Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    It's not piracy though.

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    By definition, it is.

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Alright guys... C'mon... TA is ABSOLUTELY 100% against piracy... Lets move on, lest people start getting banned/put in time-out.

17. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Just because something's free to download does not mean they no longer have copyright on their software.

Copyright is automatically granted once something is in a tangible form.

This game has a license allowing it to be downloaded for free given you download it from an iTunes Store using an iTunes acct.

18. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    From their end user license :

http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/

"Unless expressly authorized by EA, you are prohibited from making a copy of the Application available on a network where it could be used by multiple users. You are prohibited from making the Application available over a network where it could be downloaded by multiple users"

"Provided that you comply with the terms of this License, EA grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to install and use the Application on a single, authorized computing device for personal, non-commercial use and subject to the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s App Store Terms of Service. "

All of which does not include sharing the IPA , pop caps copyrighted work like it was the latest digital hash pipe.

19. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

He's not a tool.

It is piracy.

In order to install an ipa file that you did not purchase, even as a free purchase, you have to technically pirate it. No more will be described on that, at all. From anyone, if you value your forum presence.

Want the game early? Simple. Go to iTunes on your computer and create a NZ account, then download it.

I have a US, JP, CA and now a NZ account to get this game. I'm stupid, and was able to get it in about 5 minutes. Need to know how? PM me and I will help.

20. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    On topic tho I'm having a lot of fun in this game.

I don't find the IAP to be ZOMG IN YR FACE obtrusive. So far I have yet to see the need to use any if the premium plants.

And I'm a really bad P vs Z player. I haven't even finished P vs Z adventures on Facebook and have yet to hit a pay wall as yet.

For the sake of science I did buy the Imitater plant. Once I brought it I did not have to buy it again IE you buy to be able to use it unlimited amount of times.

My only gripe so far is on the 5th gen iPod Touch its rather easy to accidentally waste corns by triggering a power when placing a plant on the bottom row :(