Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Charzed

Charzed New Member

Dec 29, 2016
    #1001 Charzed, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    New plant idea: Scaredy Grass

[​IMG]

It is scared of plants bigger than it
    It is not scared of plants the same size as it
    And it's not scared of defensive plants

Maybe take this idea into consideration, or at least does it sound good???

2. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Most annoying bug is no sound when you came back to the game after a break.
    You always need to force closing the app. (Double tap home button...)

Still... 5 stars, one of the best F2P experiences ever.

3. Wuerfel

Wuerfel New Member

Jun 2, 2017
    Greatest Game

I love this Game...been playing it from while to while since years!

4. mrnothing91

mrnothing91 New Member

Aug 30, 2017
  5. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Since the release they have slowly chocked this game to death with new ftp mechanics.
    Used to be still playable.

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Update is out!

7. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Has anyone figured how to open everything for players, or do you still have to pay for everything? Did they add a premium unlock?

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    #1008 ackmondual, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    You mean something like "pay $80 to unlock everything" type of deal? No. If you want everything, you'll need to spend that much money individually (or save some $$ via cheaper bundles... either ongoing or temp ones), however much they all still cost together (AFAIK, $180 should cover it all?). OTOH, you could pay a fraction of that (~$50) and just buy only the useful/essential stuff. Still feels like you spent a standard amount of money for a traditional game [shrug]
    Speaking of which....

I still have $45 left to spend on plants to "get everything" (assuming no new plants come out), and around $12 for the 2 extra Pinata trackers slots. So I haven't played with the rest of them in detail (did try them out when the game had events that let you demo them though). But from my years of playing...
    1) Grapeshot is nice. It's the superior version of Cherry Bomb

2) Cold Snapdragon - you can hold of hordes of zombies with a column of these, although a 2nd column would be more ideal

3) Imitator - let's you double up on plants in the seed selection, so anything with a long recharge time is more mitigated

4) Electric Blueberry - These can one-shot Gaurantors

5) Shrinking Violet - make enemies in 3x3 smaller. Some enemies disappear outright (e.g. all imps, zombie chickens, zombie weasels), others are less effective (Gaurantors's imps disappear), weakens their bite attack, and halves their hp. It's a force multiplier

Prices vary (since I got some of them on sale, but sometimes the prices may go down too), but $25 to $32 should be enough to cover these.

9. I haven't tried it yet but the online Battlez update came out today!

10. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I walked away for a long time, but I'm back into it. I ended up buying a few plants after a while -- my favorites are the Caulipower, Gold Bloom, and Apple Mortar -- but don't spend anything on gems or coins. I don't mind this because it is like buying content as it changes the way I play the game, and I do spend a lot of time with it. They've made a lot of improvements.

If you're into free-to-play exclusively, you can do okay. There are Reddit threads with a lot of tips and strategies whether you spend actual money or not.

hbernritter likes this.
  11. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I honestly was going to re-download this soon but kept forgetting, so thanks for the reminder, got it dling now

Pheebers likes this.