Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. arale

arale Member

May 13, 2014
    Bump Bump! One of my favorite game!!

2. quizoid

quizoid Active Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Weird. I'm sorry you are having that problem. Maybe you should try a reinstall, it's not anything I've experienced; even when the game is on some insane infinite level that causes slowdown.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Anyone got any tips for endless mode? Powerful strategies to deal with tons of zombies in later levels including the giant zombies? It gets crazy.

4. CaClimbus

CaClimbus Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Game Impressions

Another Zombies games awesome.:cool:

5. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Cool new world being released, Dark Ages!! I'm loving the mix of original and old content- future and dark-age, with the comeback of mushroom!!

6. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Looking forward to that too! And wondering which plant(s) will be premium

7. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Hypno-shroom.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  9. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #949 Cadenza, Jul 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Can someone tell me how the hell you're supposed to win the pinata party with mecha football zombies, bucketheads and zombie chickens when you're only given puff shrooms, lightning reeds and potato mines? Puff shrooms are completely useless against zombie chickens or mecha football and its power-up can barely kill a regular zombie, lightning reed does next to no damage, comes way late into the game, and you're only given 2 of them, not to mention its power-up is completely useless (zombie near lawn mower? The lightning cloud completely ignores them and decides to attack zombies near the right side of screen first... wtf) and potato mines are unreliable because there are lots of normal zombies around mecha football. Is this one of those pay-to-win levels where it's impossible to finish without spamming power-ups?? :rolleyes:
    This level is completely f*cked up, half the time zombie chickens appear as the FIRST enemy yet you're not even given a lightning reed until halfway across the level. How the hell do you not lose a lawnmower or use a powerup when you only have like 3 puff shrooms?? Seriously did the Popcap level designers got hit in the head or something?

10. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    I assume spend a lot of coins on the powers. I couldn't come close to beating it after 2 tries and won't be trying anymore. Feels unfair and not fun.

11. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Not at all. I beat this level on my second attempt, as on the first try a chicken zombie came out immediately, and there was no way to defend against that. :p

The tricks to this level:

1) Hold out as long as possible, because you'll eventually be given loads of cherry bombs to clear the field.

2) Remember that powering up a puff-shroom powers up every puff-shroom on the field at the same time (I ended up with an unexpected achievement for powering 20 at once), so you want most of the level filled with them.

3) If you keep planting puff-shrooms in front of a mecha-football zombie, it'll never go anywhere, and will just keep shunting the row back. The plants are doled out fast enough to make this possible.

12. Gamer of War

Gamer of War Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    When is Dark Ages part 2 coming out?

Title says all.

13. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Winter Melons are your friend. And Twin Sunflowers, you'll want 2 rows of them, but not in the way you think.

14. Cadenza

Jun 11, 2013
    #954 Cadenza, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Yet another wtf level. 10 wizard zombies appear at once transforming all my plants into sheeps within 3 seconds... How the hell do I beat this level without buying the imitator to duplicate cherry bomb, or spam power-ups???
    And seriously? Only 1 new plant for part 2? And not even an original? Magnet-shroom... Dark age probably the worst update so far.

15. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    So in what way?

16. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Use Laser Beans, they're better than Fume-shroom and Bloomerang combined. They're also useful to remove every grave in a row slowly.

17. Cadenza

Jun 11, 2013
    #957 Cadenza, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    How exactly do you have any strategy when wizards come in a giant clump and turns ALL plants into sheep in less than 5 sec...? This happens in endless mode. Unless you have like 20 laser beans already set?? And gravestones covering every inch of the field, and actually bumping plants off when there's one planted on top? Like wtf?
    Clearly EA is not making enough money so they're making endless mode only beatable by spending a ton of coins on powerups. How pathetic. Sad to see a classical game like pvz into pay-to-win. Dark age offers a grand total of one new plant, and the only way to effectively kill jesters and wizards are cherry bombs and laser beans, neither are from dark age. Lol. Check YouTube, every single video of endless mode involve spamming powerups.
    Pinata parties all went down the drain as well. None of the pinata parties since the update are beatable without spending at least 1-2 powerups. Especially the wintermelon/peashooter one, flowers are like f*cking 4 columns from the right and every single spot is a gravestone, and there are cow riders in the first wave running straight into the flowers. Wtf?

18. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    Well, you should use a freezing plant (iceberg, winter melon), as they effectively make it so that wizards take twice as long to turn plants into sheep.

Plant your most powerful plants at the lane CLOSEST to the lawnmovers, that way, they're the last to get caught by the wizards.

19. Gamer of War

Apr 11, 2014
    It all boils down to what map you're in and what zombies you must defeat, so you MUST have the following plants:

Ancient Egypt: Grave Buster (Graves), Any freezing plant (Explorer Zombie)

Pirate Seas: Spikeweed/Spikerock (Barrel Zombie), Coconut Cannon (Imp Cannon)

Wild West: Split Pea (Prospector Zombie), Lightning Reed (Chicken Wrangler Zombie), Tall-nut (Zombie Bull)

Far Future: E.M.Peach (NO EXCEPTIONS), Blover (Jetpack Zombies, Disco-tron 3000)

Dark Ages: Grave Buster (Graves), Laser Beans, Bonk Choy (Jester Zombie), Puff-shroom (Wizard Zombie), NO FIRE PLANTS (Imp Dragon Zombie)

Your main offense should always consist of AoE plants: Winter Melons, Melon-pults (Only 2, so you should always have these if you want to deal with the horde). Anything else is up to you (I'd recommend you only use Pea Pods if you want to use pea-shooting plants.)

Defense should be up to you.

The only sun-producing plant you should be using is the Twin Sunflower, as they will help you get the melons faster.

You'll want to get an insta-kill plant (Potato Mine, Chili Bean) to deal with the first loners.

If you want to guarantee a victory, play with 1 boosted plant, and 1 only. This is because you never know how many flags you will play.

20. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #960 Intendro, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    Thanks for the tips.

That's been my general strategy. A winter melon in each lane...

I wonder if it might be effective to use laser beans instead of melons. Maybe not...

I use the small mushroom to deal with the first zombies. It's 0 sun, so none is wasted at the start.

Right... Later rounds are simply impossible without a boosted plant or lots of powerups.
    My strategy becomes boosting the sun shroom, spamming them for sun, and spamming melons across the entire stage. Overkill vs overkill.

And that's not exaggerating, it's really impossible.
    Eventually the Egypt one threw so many zombies at me, the game became so slow it was going frame by frame...
    They didn't bother limiting the number of zombies, did they?