Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. gmar

gmar New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    :confused:
    sorry Sabaki, i still cant understand "beat the first stage of Far Future", because i have go at day 16 of Far Future but still no icon at top of my page to Zen Garden.. i'm so sad.
    please explain more briefly, thanks

2. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hey gmar. If you're on level 16 and you've yet to encounter a pot plant then that's very different from my experience.

I once got 8 pot plants on a single stage so I don't know how to guide you.

Would you have a look for a water can icon at the top of your screen please?

3. gmar

gmar New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    i dont know, Sabaki.
    even now i have passed day21 far future, still there are no 'water can' icon at top corner of my page.
    there are only three icons , ie: back button, map, and email button.
    i dont understand whats going wrong..:mad::mad:

4. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Are you 100% positive you have the latest version?

5. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    If gmar is playing the Far Future levels, I'd assume it's the latest version.

Judging by the Plants vs Zombies Facebook page, there seems to be some random phenomenon hitting certain players.

I so badly wanna help gmar but I'm stuck for a good answer. Perhaps contact Popcap or EA?

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Hahaha... I'm an idiot. Duh.

7. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    lol. You were trying to help.

You have any tips for farming diamonds? Some guys say they win like 40-60 on some stages. I only get 5 a day if I'm lucky. #

8. gmar

gmar New Member

Mar 31, 2014
    #928 gmar, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Thanks All!!! :)
    today i have reinstall my pvz, but the results is same again, still there are no garden here.
    when will i got "any sprout" in ancient egypt? day 2 or day 3? before or after i get a map..?
    thanks, i still working to get gardening.. :rolleyes:

there is message "visit your zen garden" in every level, but i wonder how to enter my garden if there are no shortcut:eek:

9. atmmta

atmmta Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Check the attached picture for the zen garden icon in the top left. It should have unlocked in Far Future level 2 or 3. Try playing from the start of Far Future again (if you haven't tried that yet).

Attached Files:

10. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Wow. I'm appalled at how flawed this game can get. I've been doing Far Future 2 for several times today, and the Zen Garden Can will not proc the drop. Oh, and to add insult to injury, because the drop won't proc, I'm unable to finish FF 2 either.

Thanks for rushing updates, Electronic Arts.

11. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I've completed all 24 levels in the Far Future, but can't access the final Zomboss level there. I've completed all levels in the other three time periods (including the Zomboss levels there). Am I missing something?

12. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hey snippygal #

The Zomboss level for Far Future will be released separately, all the others were.

13. snippygal

snippygal Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Thank you! :)

14. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Has anyone else noticed that the bee in the Zen Garden is gone?

15. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #935 Intendro, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    I noticed it was missing... but it came back when I checked again a little later. (Maybe after clearing a stage or two.)

16. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    Somehow I am not enjoying my time with PVZ 2. I was really looking forward to it, I spent literally dozens of hours with the first game, I own it on PC, 360, iOS and Android.

Now I bought an iPod Touch 5th gen and downloaded PVZ 2 and started playing. And the feeling of playing is just not very good. Touching icons is VERY hard, they are so small that I was touching neighboring icons sometimes. Also the touches weren´t recognized sometime leading to a very awkward feeling were I had to touch the Sun icons multiple times before they were collected. The same with seeds and plant food.

I don´t have this problem with any other game and it goes so far that I don´t want to play PvZ 2 anymore, which is crazy given how much I was looking forward to it.

17. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I think all those items can be grabbed by just keeping your finger on the screen and sliding it across them all. That should help with that problem, anyway. It'd be faster and easier than tapping every single one when there's a bunch of items at once.

18. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I agree with Intendro, Eraser.

I'm a big guy, big hands and so on and have no difficulty with the touch interface. Sliding is easier for me too.

It's the monetization that really irks me.

19. Eraser74

Eraser74 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Hamburg
    It´s not the tapping for every sun and so on, it´s just that sometimes touches aren´t recognized.

That leads to a very awkward gaming experience.