Universal Plants vs. Zombies 2 - (by PopCap)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2013.

1. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Reviving this thread! So I downloaded the update. It brings back the zombie scientist boss. I was able to fight him in the Egypt levels but he seems to be inaccessible on both the Pirate and Wild West levels... Anyone able to figure out how to unlock the succeeding levels?

2. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Hey Aikavari

The update summary says the extra level is only Egypt for now and the others will follow.

He's super hard, you kill him without power ups?

3. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    I did, but not without fertilizer, so I'm not a purist. :) I'm actually annoyed that now they "charge" to repeat party levels or to replace lawn mowers. They didn't mention THAT in the update notes. Grr.

4. aXemeXa

aXemeXa New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    The worlds were so much better when they looked original and didn't all have this "star road" theme. Great game though.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well after the entire redesign I deleted the game so sadly I won't be able to take on the new boss. Have fun to whoever is still playing the updates. Freakin EA had something awesome and then just destroyed it. Probably wasn't making enough money off a free game I suppose.

6. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    #886 Cadenza, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    What the f*ck are the devs thinking with this new update?? Lawn mowers no longer reset upon starting/restarting a level, you gotta cough up 1000 coins for each?? Lose a mower in 1-1 and you'll be missing the same mower in 1-10, the f*ck? Good job for destroying this once brilliant game even more, EA/popcap. The past update with the absolutely terrible linear "map" is already dumb enough, now this.
    And of course, they didn't mention this in the update description. Whoever is in charge of implementing "updates" for this game, please just do the mobile gaming world a favour and fire yourself.

7. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    This is where EA begins behaving like EA.

They will monetize every aspect of this game to the point where nothing about this game will be enjoyable.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    LOL oh god. I'm so glad I don't have this update on my device anymore. Good riddance. Maybe later I'll try installing the old version again. But wow is that terrible. It was already bad but lawnmowers? Pretty sleazy not mentioning that because obviously, people downloading the update would be hesitant if they saw that.

To be honest, the map is the biggest killer but that mower is just icing on the bullshit cake.

9. Pheebers

Apr 27, 2013
    The only slightly bright point is that I've found lawn mowers "drop" now, but pretty rarely. I'd say with the same frequency as the blue diamonds for me, maybe a bit better.

I just HATE that I can't keep trying the piñata levels anymore though. I thought they were pretty generous with the freemium stuff at first (but I missed being able to pay for a complete game) but each update is taking away something I liked.

10. zdn1042

zdn1042 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    I just updated my game. I'm not sure why but some of the pinata levels seem harder than before. And the Zombie Scientist boss level is very tough. Had to use power ups to beat it. :(

11. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I'm guessing the difficulty level is going to be pushed very high. I used multiple power ups. I can't beat him without them.

12. BloodFidelity

BloodFidelity Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Cinematographer (Director of Photography, Camera O
    Los Angeles
    Does anyone know how you can play the new Dr. Zomboss stages? I played and beat the first one but the other two levels won't let me enter, even though I beat all 24 stages prior to it. Help!

13. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    For what it's worth, the Piñata Party today had the Laser Bean plant. I'm guessing the Far Future World is nearing release.

14. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    That's pretty much the point of Freemium game design. I stopped playing this months ago. To me, power-ups feel like cheating so I don't enjoy using them. This inevitably leads to frustration so I've moved on to other things. Good luck with future world, though. To each his own, as they say...

15. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    I hear you. Although the difficulty on the 2nd & 3rd Zombots were toned down to playable difficulty.

I generally play a game or two a week, aside from the Piñata Party stages.

16. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Laser Bean Plant was pretty awesome.

Though the Piñata Party level was incredibly difficult. Not even my Winter Melons were able to keep a good hold.
    Damned Gargantuars spawning in groups. I honestly hate them in this game.

Don't even get me started on Wild West Zomboss. My God, it's like you have to get the right setup or you're screwed over in seconds.

17. Pheebers

Apr 27, 2013
    I did the piñata party and didn't see any laser beans.

18. Sabaki

Sabaki Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2012
    As a matter of interest, the Far Future update will be released on the 27.03.2014...yup, that's tomorrow

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Normally I'd be super excited but I've deleted this game months ago. As one of the first people who got the soft launch and played it for months, EA (or whoever was updating it) literally ruined the game. It's only half as good as it was before and lots of the stuff that made me love it are gone. So sorry unless they revert to the old format, I'm never reinstalling this game.

20. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Did the update say something about adding the zen garden or was I seeing things? Can't find it anywhere.