Universal Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I also cleared it the first time it popped. Then I kicked myself repeatedly. Luckily it popped again a few days later.

I hope I get more offers like this one.

2. gregerma

gregerma New Member

Nov 2, 2016
    This game is complete pay to win ($15 gets you three Legendary cards guaranteed). And the garbage base packs? 100 Hero coins that net you three base set cards that you can craft for 25 Hero coins each. An instant 25 Hero coin loss. As much as I shake my fist at other F2P games like Hearthstone at least when you open packs up it's still random chance if you bought it or if you ground for it. Clash Royale is somewhere between these two games, as you can just buy Legendary cards at some point but I'm in the Legendary arena with a common and rare deck (I do have one epic but no Legendary). Going to delete this one.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I think you're confused? You can craft cards using a special "lightning currency" that is very rare. The hero coins are common currency that only buy you the basic 3-card decks from the store. I haven't seen any other use for them. Unless there's a special store that's android only or something I don't have it.

And about the guaranteed 3 legendary pack I've never seen that one ever so I guess you got a nice offer. Lucky you! Legendaries are great but you need to draw them first and lots of them are situational. They won't automatically make you win. Some legendaries are so high cost (12) that I've never even hit round 12 before except a few times with playing the cheating AI on solo mode.

4. gregerma

gregerma New Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Oops, you are right. It is Lightning, not Hero coins. Too bad that makes Hero coins all the more worthless once you have all the basic set, I only have six heroes and I am have about 80% of the basic set. And the basic set cannot be dusted for Lightning (as far as I can see). While you can slowly grind quests for gems, still very much P2W. I'm sure you will get that cash only Legendary pop-up offer, I've gotten enough times that I complained about it here!

5. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm can someone check if I'm right? It seems that the new Thanksgiving card "Mayflower" isn't available on iOS either. I thought it might be my app just because I checked ALL OVER the Internet, forums, Facebook, Twitter and on the new events / card pages, no one has said "this item isn't available on iOS." Which makes me think that there's something wrong with my game. The Halloween event passed already and I never saw it on my iOS.

On the otherside, if iOS indeed doesn't have all these exclusive plants, that's totally not fair and puts Android players at a huge advantage because they get all the new cards and I haven't seen new iOS cards for a while. Heck, if no one is complaining, does that mean no one on iOS is playing? Why would they not add event cards to iOS?

6. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Is anyone still playing this? I just discovered it today and it's a really neat mash-up of Magic the Gathering and Plants vs. Zombies. There's a few things that I am not sure about -

1) the little shields under the life total. Do you get a total of three "shield break damage nullifications" per battle, or does this indicate something else? I've tried to find a general FAQ for the game online and haven't found much besides deck building suggestions.

2) Is the casual PvP real-time against a live person, or a bot? I decided to try a casual one and was amazed when I won with a starter deck (+ 1 nifty super rare torch thingie I found in my one premium pack) - it was as close as could be - we were both down to 1 HP, and my opponent had some crazy 9/4 monster that I'd never seen before. I still managed to win (only) because I drew lightning bol... err, whatever that 3 damage plant skill is. It was an exhilarating battle.

3) Does the single player content indeed end after you finish the campaign, or have they added new stuff/ways to repeat the campaign?

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup! I play it every day and it's my favorite "card game" on the iOS. It's a hearthstone that I can play without the Internet (though solo mode gets super cheap very quickly). They added weekly cards to attain so that was a clever way of getting their player base to keep playing more often.

1) The 3 shields are the 3 damage blocks you can do per battle. They're probably the thing I hate the most in the entire game but it adds a bit of strategy to how you play because of it's "randomness".

2) Great battle! Lots of games will come down to the wire. I have a lot of great premium cards but I have been wrecked so many times just with common cards. This game has tons of strategy and luck involved. You do play with real people live and there's a friends list.

3) Single player I haven't beaten yet because honestly, your odds of beating a ranked match are much higher than SP once you are on the later levels. I'm 99% sure the AI rigs the shield gauge and the cards it receives. On top of that, many stages give bonuses to the AI like "All zombies get +1 damage" which are seriously overpowered. Though if you don't have connection these are still fun to play. Other people on this board mentioned that all you can do at the end of SP is repeat the last level soo... :\

If you want to add me just for fun, my username is Artoria. I don't really play ranked that much or challenge but if you just want people in your friends list or to say hi you can add me :)

8. Puce Moose

Puce Moose Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Thanks Lawliet for the information! I hope they add more single player content, like a daily quest or something along those lines. Then again I have really just started (I have only three heroes unlocked, and maybe 150 common cards out of the set discovered), so there's still a fair bit of SP content ahead of me.