Universal Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 10, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry to hear that.. You should go play single player and get some free cards (if I recall correctly they give you some free cards every now and then but I'm not sure if it still does that). You can learn the game mechanics better with the AI since they have a set deck and usually it's just RNG / shield blocking that ruins you, not because they have an over powered deck. Then you can probably find a preferred character or strategy.

For Zombies I like the guy in the cape, and for Plants I like Chompzilla. Their decks are generally pretty easy to use.

2. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Really enjoying this little gem of a game....never thought I'd say that about an EA game again!
    Plenty of cards to collect, deck editor, freebies, single player campaign and some great tactics make this an enjoyable experience.
    Lots to learn still.

3. ch4n_the_man

ch4n_the_man Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Help!

I can't get past the loading screen and I really want to play this game. I am on iOS 10.0.2 and it just logs me in to game center and just doesn't move from there. I have tried deleting it and redownloading it and it doesn't seem to work. Please help

4. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Maybe try signing out of Game Center to see if that is causing the problem?

5. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Story is really fun and i like the game, ranked is the only thing that i find very unfair.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think you can just enjoy it for the story and collecting. Rankings don't really do much unless you're just into competition. If you're looking for a nice single player experience, this game can give it to you (though random ai rng isn't that fun). Also I did mention earlier it's a totally offline game so you can invest money into it if you wish and play it anywhere on the go.

7. Did a quick overview/review video if anyone's interested :D

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Nice video! Gave you a like. Short and simple - perfect for a game review.

9. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    I'm experiencing issues with the quests today, it says refreshing and to go online to update but I am online.. think it's an issue at their server end.

10. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015
    How do i complete this quest: "Play 5 squash"

11. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Is there any single player activities you can do once you finish the campaign or does it eventually force you to multi?

12. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I've actually asked that question on here and no one has answered. I haven't beaten it yet soI don't know. Maybe someone can email / message / Facebook the devs about it and get a proper response? Or even recommend a bot skirmish mode, this game needs that. Or I'd settle for a reset of the entire campaign.

That's the plant card that instantly kills a zombie I believe? Or does heavy damage.

13. Ivica

Ivica Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2015

After you complete the singleplayer campaign you can repeat only the boss lvl.

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Or is it to play a total of 5 squash plants?

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Just started this today, played maybe 2-3 hours and am very pleased with all the stuff I've unlocked while earning 895 gems. I made bronze league, and did not see unfair cards in wood. I definitely saw particular matches that were unfair due to luck, and I also got burned by cards that are very powerful if you don't know what they are - for example, "the Podfather" cannot be ignored. If you have never played this type of game there might be a learning curve, but for the most part, you just need to learn your cards. I beat people playing the catapult cabbage in the middle even though it gets a big bonus on the roof, for example.

It seems you just should pick one hero and proceed quickly through his quests. I picked Brainz, and got lots of free stuff including rare troops while going through his quests.

16. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm still doing the single player mode. This is great so far. I can't wait to try PvP.

My only complaint so far is that the cards are not cards, they are tiles. I would rather see Hearthstone-like "cards". I mean are playing horse-shoes here? No. I think this is a card game.

17. CamZer0

CamZer0 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Matchmaking needs tweaking desperately. I'm being matched over and over against opponents that are so many leagues above me. Levels above me I don't mind, but entire leagues is beyond disheartening! There's no consequence to conceding before the first turn rather than wasting my time on an unbeatable fight, but that just isn't how I like doing things. Sigh. Until this is fixed I won't be spending any money. And it's already on the verge of deletion.

18. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    When I spoke yesterday I had only done pvp as a zombie. Its a totally different and much worse experiment as a plant hero. Apparently, no one wants to play the zombie heroes for reasons I can't understand. (Aren't zombies cool?) Pvp as a zombie is easy - you play lower league plant people. Play as a plant and you might match someone +26 levels above you. I was like 8-2 as a zombie, and went 0-3 as a plant just now.

19. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm enjoying this game. It's accessible, has a friendly art style, and the game mechanics and card abilities feel different enough that I find the game refreshing.

I am concerned that the higher rarity cards seem much better than the lower rarity ones, such that players that spend money on the game may be at too much of an advantage.

squash quest: I did it by playing the "squash" card 5 times- its a 5 cost solar event.

pvp: I played multiplayer 3 times yesterday as a plant to complete the final quest for green shadow and was paired against zombies only 1-2 ranks higher than me. Maybe I got lucky.

spending gems: I'm almost at 1000 gems now, haven't bought any. I'm probably going to get a 1000 cost "premium multipack" but I wonder if I should wait for the 2000 gem one- that will be a lot of waiting for a guaranteed super rare. Also have a pack that gives a zombie hero and some uncommons for 750... it's hard to decide what to spend gems on.

20. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Really enjoying the game but Mission 2 boss Rustbolt cranks the difficulty up so bad I can't beat him. Am I missing something because this boss starts with more health and an extra card and then plays tons of powerful cards. Maddening.