Universal Plants vs. Zombies™ Heroes (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Mar 10, 2016.

1. WickedProg

WickedProg New Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Does not seem to have any game center support.

Noticed that there are no prompts for you to choose a player name either.

Tried a few times to get a multiplayer match going but never found an opponent.

Installed on originally on my iPad, played till about 3rd Zombie match, installed on iPhone for a test and had to start from scratch on the iPhone so there is currently no multi device support which means without it, once it goes live if you want to download from your local app store you'd have to start over again, which isn't cool...

I like the game, wish it was more Clash Royale-ish in that you can upgrade cards, would make the PvP much more fun.

-wp

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Well, crap. I've been playing this all night and day since it came out and now I'm not sure if I should go any step further knowing all of my progress is going to go. Hopefully this goes worldwide very soon. I guess I could go back to PvZ2 in the meantime since I never did fully complete it.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Haven't tried it in a long time, but i think one can download via itunes from the local appstore, sync device with itunes and then the version on devices becomes the local version and progress isn't lost/ IAP for local store enabled.

4. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Played a couple of multiplayer games at New Zealand peak time. Seems to work ok. Ive been spoilt by clash royale though, I wish I had emotes to express myself

5. rnarvin

rnarvin Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    This app is 755MB! Wonder what happened to the 90-something MB.

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can't wait to try

7. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    At least they have the good manners to ask confirmation if you are downloading on cell data. An extra 700mb would be quite the surprise when the bill comes in.

8. jones58

jones58 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    #68 jones58, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    it's so far from the original game, too close to hearthstone, not bad, but this lacks originality for me.

________________________________________________________________________________
    apple iphone 6s apple iphone 6

9. EroNasubi

EroNasubi Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Single player mode ends at mission 20?

Great game. Can anyone confirm there are no more single player missions after mission 20th?

I have beaten the boss at mission 20th but somehow the progress is not saved and I have to fight the same guy over and over again.

10. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Thats great to know how far single player goes. So 5 missions per chapter, with 20 chapters, and 2 factions makes 200 total missions.

Did you get many rare cards as rewards? At the end of the mission Im getting uncommons at best.

My main hero is dr brainstorm and he has a special ability that gives me 3 random zombie cards. I end up with a lot of legendary or super rare cards and they are game changers.

I wonder if the only way to get these cards is using gems on packs. Assuming the daily mission always gives 50 gems it would take twenty days to save for the guaranteed super rare pack. As you dont always get 50 gems maybe you are looking at only one guaranteed super rare a month.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm also happy that the campaign is a long length. It's a shame it doesn't have some kind of replay or skirmish. If all you can do is replay the last level and play online, that's actually really bad..

Also after many many hours of playing I think Zombies have a huge advantage over plants by being able to play last.

12. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Didnt know this was out,great news,thanks toucharcade!:D

13. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    #73 Card, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    I'm not getting cards for a win (or loss) anymore... did that happen to you L.Lawliet?

14. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    any word on when this will be released worldwide?
    or how it saves your progress? (i don't want to start now, just to start from scratch again when the game is released worldwide)

15. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    wow, nobody playing anymore?

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Just downloaded this last night and this game is like hearthstone but way better and addicting

17. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    The UI is too clunky and slow and the game just isn't interesting enough to bother with. If it had some serious quality of life improvements I might consider again, but in the current state, meh. And just in general, it doesn't feel exciting or to play.

18. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    I'm still playing once a day to do the quest.

And figured out once you get all the common cards (4 of each), you don't get any cards when you win anymore.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I really like it and I still play it a lot when I get time. When the animations activate and pop up, the game slows down a bit (odd on a new iPhone 6 no less) but other than that the UI feels fine. Nothing special but nothing I would complain about. I just want a skirmish mode and an easier way to set up your teams.

I can't keep up with all the quests though because I'm worried that I'll get to the end of the campaign and be stuck replaying the last level over and over (like another member mentioned). So I end up doing quests very slowly.

Is that true? I'm still getting cards for some reason but I don't know if I nabbed that many common cards. I have no idea what I grabbed at this point.

20. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I login every 16 hours or so to pick up the new quest. As andysmash says there is a lot of room for improvement. The core game is fine, and the rewards come at a slow but reasonable pace. They need to include a whole host of features around the core game. There needs to be leaderboards, chat rooms, a way to communicate in game - even if it just to say good game.

I almost always play zombies in multiplayer out of preference. However when I get a quest for the plants I often have to finish it in singleplayer, as I struggle to find and zombies to play against in multiplayer. I rarely have to wait long if Im the one playing zombies.