Planex in Review

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by rdklein, Jul 1, 2009.

1. rdklein

rdklein Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    sw developer, tv producer, hw developer (microcodi
    Munich
    #1 rdklein, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    Planex for iPhone and iPod touch - upcoming game
    Ported version of the award winning java game at 1996 (bonus com supersite for kids), gamelans'best java, jars top 5% Webapplet) Goal is to compete with others players in the world for best landing time and number of successful landings on a foreign planet.

[​IMG]

current highscore

Hope we get the game through in the next 1-2 weeks, its already in review since one week.

SUggestions and ideas welcome. We plan more levels for future updates. It was said to be very addictive at the time we had it out as a java game. Now control is improved, and its a little bit more difficult. 5 new levels are added as a tutorial to get trained on the control mechanism

The game is a little bit like the classic lunar landers, one of them implemented in 1983 for the NDR computer tv course on our own homebrew computer (at that time popular), then evolved into a planet landing game, different from the classic lunar lander, but still having similar control thrusters.

2. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    as soon as its on the App Store I can give some promo codes !

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Heh, looks like you learned how to attract the attention of the majority of the members (or, I should say, lurkers).

Your game looks OK, to be honest. There are plenty of other titles like this on the AppStore that seem to offer a bit more. For example: Retro - Cave Flyer, which is only $0.99 offers 23 levels. How much do you intend on charging for this title?

4. rdklein

Apr 3, 2009
    Munich
    #4 rdklein, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    It will be $0.99 of course, more levels are planned.

Cave Flyer is nice of course, also some other classic lunar landers, but I think our is also different from the gameplay. Last we had it running it was said to be very addictive -- lets see -- and feedback welcome - we are fast with implementing user wishes, the game was totally reprogrammed and is open for anything new (now xml based for new levels etc....)... see what ideas come from the community.

--

Its just ready for sale, so might take some minutes to be visible in the store.
    I will place a thread in the main game section also tomorrow with a more informtaive title.