Universal Planet Quest (by OutOfTheBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah this game is fantastic. Twitch+rhythm+endless+phat beats.

2. OutOfTheBit

OutOfTheBit Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Game Studio
    London, UK.
    Me again, thanks for all your feedback, we've taken a lot in and have added gamecenter for our high score and achievement handling!

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow another update so soon! Great now I can see how much Andy has destroyed me on this game. :D

4. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm addicted, lol. Love this game. Any updates planned? :D

5. Shaun C

Shaun C Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 28, 2014
    For the past week or so, every time I'm doing nothing and a piece of music pops into my head it is, without fail, from Planet Quest.

It's crazy how catchy those tunes are. Great job!

And that flashing heavy metal-ish level... AAAAARGH! :eek:

6. nekros

nekros Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Soundtrack?

First of all, I love this game. Very addicting, even if a bit frustrating at times. As mentioned, the music is terribly catchy; which brings me to my question… Is there any legit sources to get the sound track? I can't get the music out of my head, and would love to listen to it without all my repeated failures ;) Somebody needs to get this on iTunes to buy, 'cause I'd be all up in it.

Hope they continue, this game really needs more attention :) Great in short bursts! Bring on some updates with more music! I'll be watching for more games from these guys.

7. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    Almost missed this one, it pays of checking toucharcade once in a while, really digging this one. Instantly got rid of adds, hope this game does well.

8. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Fantastic little game, seriously. It is a bit... throwaway? Just a little? I dunno, it feels frustratingly random, sometimes, before you've heard all the songs and started to memorise them - a bit too easy to suddenly die in the space of a few seconds - some sort of sense of progression or mission mode would have been great. But it's still excellent, even like this. Paid to remove the ads very quickly. It really reminds me of SNK's old rhythm game on the Dreamcast, Cool Cool Toon - similar sense of style for the visuals and the audio. Great work, and I hope it does well. I'd love to see some updates - paid updates, even. I'd gladly fork out for song packs.

9. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I must be crazy, but I can see Planet Quest front and center on *gasp* Apple Watch. Imagine that you can tell the time with the little dancing people, and you can spin each planet like a vinyl disc. Then you can zoom in and out with the digital crown! Omg make it happen!

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... This is genius. :D

11. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    The game is featured in "15 hidden treasures" and "music+rhythm games" banner by Apple. Congrats!

12. OutOfTheBit

OutOfTheBit Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Game Studio
    London, UK.
    Yes! We got a nice spike in downloads and reviews which really confused us, then checked to see and we were featured! We'll be working on a big update hopefully in January :D

13. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Great to hear! Please make it universal for Apple TV too, that would be completely awesome!

14. OutOfTheBit

OutOfTheBit Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Game Studio
    London, UK.
    Good idea. We are looking into it but need to assess the latency for the controls... needs to be spot on!

15. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Right! I hope you guys can work it out!

I'll take this opportunity to bring back a couple of suggestions (from an old post of mine):

Also, integration with EveryPlay or ReplayKit would be great too!

16. OutOfTheBit

OutOfTheBit Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Game Studio
    London, UK.
    Thanks for the suggestions! People have been asking to choose specific songs which we will have a look at when we update the game, need to think of a good way that doesn't break the flow. We like that the app starts and you just push the big play button and you're in, so to not get in the way of this would be cool, maybe just small left and right arrows near the planet that show the genre...hmmm.

And the music will go to iTunes and Bandcamp when we do the update. What new planets (music types) would you want in an update?

17. Fearless77

Fearless77 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Gamer?
    I think you could add a huge galaxy that shows all the planets and you could choose the one you like first.Another idea for a planet is a boss planet which is really hard like heavy metal planet but gives you a huge score bonus when you defeat it. I also think it would be really cool to add new characters that are special,like giving you an additional 5 multiplier or taking you straight to the next level.The game is really great and I've been playing it for a very long time so kudos to you awesome developers.

18. hvianna

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #78 hvianna, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    I would really love to see some funk with a nice bass line, it would be cool to play on the Apple TV attached to a home teather! ;)

Other styles that come to mind are something along the lines of Pink Floyd (trippy guitar solos) and Jean-Michel Jarre (cool synthesizers from the '80s).

Edit: Some Latin Rock (à la Santana) would be cool too! (also edited previous text for clarity (hopefully)).

19. OutOfTheBit

OutOfTheBit Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Game Studio
    London, UK.
    That's a nice idea with the galaxies, we were once toying with a star map system like this:

[​IMG]

But that was before we decided on an endless score driven mode... We have considered of a boss level too, so you never know!

This I like! Was also thinking some ski bop jazz for crazy rhythms.

Attached Files:

• sky.png
      sky.png
      File size:
      61.4 KB
      Views:
  20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Goddang these plans look fantabulous! You should add this map system back IMO.