Universal Planet Quest (by OutOfTheBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 13, 2015.

1. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    #21 slamraman, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Just realised that I have an old iPad2 that's still on iOS7 - i'm going to check that it doesn't work on it.

edit: yep, won't even let me download it onto that one. That is a shame.

2. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    Best $1 I've spent awhile in the App Store.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Good game.

And by "good", I mean "GUIHEFJWEFIWEOFWEJLFIWEIFUIWEOUFFWJOP".

Fan-****ing-tastic. I'll gladly punch anyone who hasn't bought the $1 IAP to disable ads.

4. setomoto

setomoto Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2015
    I thoroughly enjoyed this game. I love it that once you start, you just keep playing until the next song. This means I can continue to hear the awesome tracks while playing instead of menus and things. I don't find the strobing and zooming distracting at all. If anything, they add to the challenge. It is just a game that should make anyone feel good. I can see a harder mode by adding varieties like tap and hold and swipes, but it may or may not lose the casual appeal. I am happy. Buy it for 99 cents everyone!

5. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    I didn't even notice the ads. After 2 plays, I just paid the $1 on principle alone.

6. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

I saw that as a reference to the baseball minigame in Rhythm Tengoku. Zooming in and out adds to the challenge and it's quite fun :)

Same here. I would have gladly paid more. I hope they'll add more level as DLC.

7. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Ditto! Cute art style, great music and perfect gameplay!

8. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This game is a heck of a lot of fun.

9. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #29 hvianna, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    A few suggestions:

A level select option would be handy, so we could replay our favorite planets or practice a specific one (the heavy metal planet is tough!).

Perhaps you could also add an "attract mode" or watch mode, so we could just watch the game like a music video and enjoy the great music and funny graphics (I can barely see the details on the animals/costumes while playing, because everything is so fast).

And finally: where can we buy the music?? :D

10. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just got to the stroboscopic level. MENTAL!! Lasted about 3 seconds. Brilliant.

11. killercow

That's the heavy metal planet right? It's brutal. It's the only one I can't finish.

12. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I lasted such a little amount of time I didn't even hear the music. Mental stuff (in a good way!)

13. killercow

If you ever lose on that one again you can press the "replay" button on the bottom left corner to come back to the same planet (without the score obviously). It's really really hard!

14. slamraman

Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Just got to it again. The way it goes from black to white and in and out is actually quite mind-melting.

15. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I kept replaying the Heavy Metal planet until I finally beat it... only to fail the very next planet. I really do love this game. Best score is 10,050, Rank #25.

16. killercow

Wouah, can't believe I'm better than Andy at something ;)
    My best score is 12,280 and I'm 13th on the leaderboard!

I've finally beaten the heavy metal planet too. It's quite easy in the end. It might look hard but the rhythm is actually quite slow.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Can anyone explain what the progression/level system is please?

Just given it a quick go and I love it but I'm not sure how I'm moving on through the song/planet? I'm assuming you have to finish it with your 3 lives but I also seem to be moving forward to new rhythms or pieces of song when I die and start again

Thanks in advance

18. killercow

It's always randomized. You'll get a different planet and sometimes a different song (even on the same planet) every time you hit the restart button on the bottom right corner.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I just read the PG's review and I had to try this game. And what can I say, it's amazing! I regret there's no Game Center implementation. Why's that btw? I didn't mind to register to different account for the leaderboards, but I did it on my iPhone and when I try to connect on my iPad now it just keep saying "check your internet connection" even though I'm connected and everything else is working just fine. Is it a known bug? So for now I'm playing with my game's account on iPhone and as a Guest on my iPad. But I'd like to sync the progress between devices if possible. Oh, and of course I removed the ads but it's not working on my iPad because I'm not connected. Other than that, everything works great and as I wrote earlier, this game's amazing. So far I scored 3000 points and I don't even know how. I just love it.

20. cheesebanana

cheesebanana Member

Feb 9, 2013
    This game rules so hard.