Universal Planet of Cubes - Survival Multiplayer MMO in the Massive Open World

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Peter2000, Apr 8, 2014.

1. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Thanks for the code dude!
    Basically I'm gonna go ahead and agree with people here that this is a game done well. It's really fun and basically its just one big world as opposed to their other game World of Cubes which are different worlds. I really enjoy playing and exploring what others build. Just a few suggestions:

1) Going on with what peeps are saying, the walking speed and flying speed should be increased. Feels a bit slow.

2) Maybe make it where we can teleport to people using the coordinates to make traveling a bit easier?

3) Custom skins! It would be awesome if we can make our own skins or even use skins from our friends!

But in all, still one great game. Definitely check it out.

2. Peter2000

Peter2000 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Developer @ SolverLabs
    Hi,

Sent you a promo code in PM. Waiting for your impression and feedback. Also should you have any questions feel free to ask.

3. iSupah

iSupah Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Gonna PM you my feedback. Also got 1 question.

4. Bearman2468

Bearman2468 Member

Jan 4, 2014
    So is this game any good or what? I've played some other Minecraft like games and don't like them that much but this looks interesting.

5. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Thanks for the code!
    Game is really fun! Enjoyed flying around and chatting with people, controls are really really good!
    Runs smooth on iPad Air, dunno about my iPhone 4 though, can post that soon.
    My question is what does the little man icon mean in the corner?
    Also is there combat at all? What updates do you guys have in mind?
    I'll give another update after playing some more :)

6. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Sent you a PM. :D

7. Retero

Retero New Member

Jul 1, 2012
    For some reason it won't let me rate the game on the App Store.

8. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #28 repapermunky, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    If you were given a promotional code, you will be unable to rate on the AppStore. This is to prevent a sort of "payoff" to people for good reviews.

To the dev(s): My friend and I were discussing this game, and we understand how the world can be infinite, as it's always changing, and repairing itself, to be modified once again. What we are curious about, is to how you manage to have an unlimited number of people on the game at the same time. You said you can chat with people in your draw distance, or whatnot; so I'm assuming that as you move throughout the world, which syncs as one big server, you are passing from one mini server to another? Because having an unlimited amount of players on one server, well, that just seems downright impossible!

As for our characters, do our names get reserved? I think that would be a good idea. Also, a skin editor would be fantastic as well. Having 20 character skins to choose from is nice, but it will eventually get boring for everyone, and I don't want to look like every other player. Perhaps you could add an "area lock" iap such as the recent 2D mining titles Deepworld and Growtopia. For a limited amount of time, a certain amount of space is yours to own and will be protected. Depending upon the payment via iap, that will result in how long your area stays yours, and how wide the area is. Just an idea. I'll be back with more feedback if I come up with anything else. Until then!

EDIT: I also just realized that you are the developer of World of Cubes, which I also got free a long time ago. Is it necessary for consumers to have one over another, or are they the same? They appear to be virtually identical; however I haven't played "World" since it first came out all that time ago.

9. Bark bits

Bark bits Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Oh man this looks awesome! I'll have to wait until I get an iTunes card, and this will be the first one I buy!

10. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    You are right. In this version you can only build. But this is only the start. Right mow we are working on implementing global online Survival with unlimited amount of players in one single global infinite map shared among all players.

11. davembjr

davembjr Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Is there a way to teleport back to my spawn area quickly?

12. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    Yes. Before the Planet is loaded after you have clicked Play button you are asked this question "Restore Last Position" ? If you click YES, you will be placed in the last position where you was before leaving the game. If you click NO - you will start right inside the Spawn Zone. So in order to teleport back to spawn area just click NO in this window.

13. Bubbasco

Bubbasco New Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Hi! I'm actually quite impressed with the performance of this game.. (Not much lag, areas load quickly). I built a house and it disappeared roughly 12 hours later (as I was expecting, due to the timer). I do have a couple questions though. Are some of the structures permanent? I was in an area with some pretty spectacular and detailed builds, and all of those remained, while my build reset. Also, are there plans for more block types and designs? I would assume there are, but it thought I'd ask. Are there natural cave formations in this world? I have mainly spent my time in areas with a lot of buildings so far, but just recently ventured out far enough to find a desert. Sorry for all the questions! Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying it so far!

14. Fredrik

Fredrik Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Do you have any more promo codes? I'd be happy to leave some impressions if I got one.

15. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    Thanks for your questions and feedback!

1. TTL is measured in Hours:Minutes:Seconds. Yes, the blocks will disappear when the timer hits 0. If you want your creation to last longer - just go far from the Spawn Zone. The farther you are from the Spawn Zone the longer TTL value is. For example if you go to the position with coordinates (0:100) TTL value would be more then 45 hours.

2. Well, the entire infinite Planet is located on the server thus it takes some time to load all visible chunks and data as you move forward.

3. if we make the walking and flying speed faster you may notice more problems like in the point #2. We are working on faster chunk loading algorithm right now. Once it is implemented we will increase the walking and flying speed.

16. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it very much. Thee speed of block break was specially made slower to prevent people from griefing and destroying other peoples' creation.

About point 4. Right now we are working on the teleport functionality which would allow to teleport to any chink using its coordinates. This would make the travelling across this infinite world much easier.

17. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. We are working on the teleport functionality right now. You would be able to teleport to any place by entering its chunk coordinates. You will be also able to teleport to any player just by clicking on its name in the Players List window.

Also good suggestion on the Skin Editor for custom skins creation. We will definitely implement this functionality to some extent in the future updates.

18. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Thanks again for the code! :D

I really love the game it reminds me of minecraft. Will there be other skins or will you be able to make your own? That would be cool if you could do that. :)

19. Peter2000

Dec 14, 2011
    Thanks for sharing your experience. The little man icon in the corner means "Sneak mode". In this mode you will not fall down from the edges when walking around. There's no combat in this version as it is only Creative Multiplayer. However we are working on the Suvival Multiplayer mode where, of cause, you have to protect yourselves from Zobmies and other aggressive mobs together with thousands of other players globally.

20. Jbdawinna

Jbdawinna New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Game Impressions

I just got this and so-far its awesome! This game is basically a mine craft type game but its massive and you can have unlimited people in multiplayer. This game lets you fly and it gives you a massive variety of blocks you can build with. Another cool thing about this game is the block timer which tells you how long your creations will last before being deleted. Overall this is a really cool game with a ton of potential.