Universal PlanCon: Space Conflict (by HeroCraft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    This does not have dual stick shooter controls, so if you are looking for a dual stick shooter RPG then you have to look elsewhere.

2. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Def way better than star nomad in production quality and depth. Pretty solid gam imo. Hope this is semi helpful.

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm about 40 minutes into the game and really enjoying it so far. It gets the feel of a space game right, the controls can be a little clunky though. There's a decent bit of rpg-like quests and leveling up, lots of characters to talk to and locations to visit. I'll chime in with more impressions once I get into a more combat heavy mission.

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Okay, I'm officially hooked. This is Warpgate + Space Miner + Galaxy on Fire, presented in gorgeous 3D and slick iconography. The combat is a little finicky, but maybe I'm just equipped well enough right now. I'm not able to beat the Mercury mission so I'm just running around mining, trading, picking up wreckage. I just hope there's a lot more to the game than what I've seen so far.

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    The game crashes quite a bit during the mission to locate Mars. Seems to have a good amount of potential. Is the crashing specific to mini2?

6. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The only time the game crashes for me is when I try to destroy an asteroid, every time I try to destroy one the game crashes, so I quit trying. Other then that I have not had the game crash on me during the Mars mission, no problems on the Jupiter mission either. I'm currently getting ready for Saturn.

7. kst

kst Active Member

Jul 16, 2011
    gamedev
    Hello! Have you tried to reboot your device?

8. kst

kst Active Member

Jul 16, 2011
    gamedev
    Hi! Thats a very odd bug. I`ve never encountered such thing.

9. garbul

garbul Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    This game reminds me a lot of Escape Velocity. Can anyone comment on the limits of the open world design? How linear is the story?

10. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Thanks for clearing that up.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Is there any other gameplay video?

12. trager

trager Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    The game looks nice, but the controls suck a lot, and I've had it crash repeatedly on my iPhone 6+ in maybe 30 minutes of game play. Hopefully it gets a little more interesting soon, but so far, I've had to retrace my steps several times due to crashes, and I can't get the navigation stuff to work reliably, so trading is a pain. Don't even talk to me about combat, yet.

Does it get any better?

13. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yes I did restart but it still crashes.

The asteroid crash is interesting, I haven't noticed but it could be it. I'll mess around and see tonight.

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Argh so many games to play in the last few weeks! Haven't been able to put more time into this but I'm glad to hear it expands all the way to Saturn at least.

15. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #35 ojtitus, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    For some reason I can not turn in the mission "Who's in charge here?". Also if you use the manual control stick right as you are warping out of an area then the warp drive does not consume any energy, I assume this is a bug.

Edit: For those wondering "Who's in charge here?" is a side mission and doesn't affect the main story line. I have been able to make my way to Saturn and have been really enjoying this game. I really hope it sells well enough to get the developer to make an IAP expansion.

16. trager

trager Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Once I realized it was better to just not bother trying to control the ship and let autopilot work, the game got a lot more fun. On the other hand, it seems that I'm stuck at the moment -- I did a couple of the pirate quests out of order, and I don't seem to be able to finish any of the quests I have open. Something about Avel 5, although the only new location available is Avel 4, and there's nothing there.

17. DarkScience

DarkScience Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Company Director
    Kent, UK
    Ok I have been playing for a few hours and really like it but as soon as I go to Mercury I get my ass kicked, I have got new guns and shield but my health is 350, do I need a better ship? I have no money should I get into some mining first? Any tips would be great, cheers

18. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I should have clarified that the game only crashes when I open the weapon bar and drag the weapons onto an asteroid then when the asteroid is about to explode the game crashes. If I just double tap on the asteroid then no problems.

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    To whom do I sell the collector's item weapon from the beginning of the game?

20. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Maybe pick up some ore. But ive done it with missiles and alot of repair kits