Universal Planar Conquest (by Shortbreak Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 4, 2016.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I could have sworn I had this before but my purchase history didn't show it. This answers my question. Definitely not going to buy it all over again.

2. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #1802 LordGek, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Yeah, this will be at the very least the third re-release of the same game. Previous iterations were abandoned after a lot of nasty reviews commenting on the devs poor support of the product, so while I'd love to give the devs the benefit of the doubt and that MAYBE they'd finally addressed many issues from previous releases of the same game, I have little reason to believe so.

As best I understand, if not intentionally scamming users, they'd develop the game on 1 platform, I believe it started as a PC game, maybe make a couple of patches but eventually abandon it. Later you'd see a port to another platform (iOS and maybe Android) in which they ported a slightly improved version of the game but still eventually abandon it after a few patches. They'd then port the improved mobile version back to the PC potentially with added features but, most importantly, they wouldn't simply patch the original version, but present it as an all-new release. It eventually came back to iOS as a new and improved new release, but this current is the third time around, I guess after the PC and Xbox versions got all new improvements, I'm not sure. It gets very confusing trying to keep track of all of its re-releases across all of the platforms.