Universal Planar Conquest (by Shortbreak Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I would happily buy it all again if they’d just fix the bugs and support widescreen. That’s what I did with the new version of the original PvZ.

JasonLL likes this.
  2. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Having a Planar Conquest update that fixes the remaining issues would be an unexpected surprise that I would love to see one day! Certainly not keeping my hopes up but maybe there is a chance. I may be in the minority, along with you Ubi, but I still think Planar Conquest was something really special on iOS even with the current technical issues.

3. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I agree that we are lucky to have it. I didn’t mean to sound like I was complaining. If only Apple provided Devs a way to charge for major updates, we might have a few more premium games from which to choose.

4. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Nah I didn’t think you were complaining at all. It’s perfectly reasonable to want a game clear of most technical issues.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This game is gone from the App Store?!

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    It was re-loaded to the AppStore as an entirely seperate app but seemingly (relatively) untouched. Don’t think anyone knows why the dev did that but it put a lot of people out because they might have had to purchase to download the app again, and/or, could not access their old in app purchases they had bought previously. Left a lot of people quite understandably salty about it.

Planar Conquest RR by Leszek Lisowski
    https://apps.apple.com/au/app/planar-conquest-rr/id1454229093

7. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Oh wow I bet. I’ve been craving a good 4x game and for whatever reason I never bought this one, still might grab it before it disappears again :p

8. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    If you do plan on buying the RR version that Talbs mentioned, just be aware that you can’t buy the extra DLC content in that version. The DLC ‘looks’ like it is there and ready for sale but for some reason it won’t let you buy anything. I’ve seen a lot of people upset by this.

9. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    hmm does anyone know if the dev has plans to add it ? That IS pretty lame I wish I had just bought the first version and all the DLC when it came out like everyone else

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    That would’ve only been good if you didn’t, nor have plans to change your iOS device at all. So far as I know, you can’t restore old purchases with the old game so...

And regarding the devs plans. No one knows, and signs would say they aren’t exactly worth your trust.

11. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    this is a weird issue, i’ve just re-downloaded it (no need to rebuy), but dlcs seem not to be there...

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The dev has pulled this bait and switch SEVERAL TIMES NOW on both Steam and iOS.

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Did the game show up in the AppStore as needing you to purchase it, and then when you tapped on it to authorise the install, it just said already purchased? (I have had that happen before with a game I had already bought and was re-released).
    I checked in the Aussie store and it shows it costs $14.99AUD, which is a tad too dear for me to experiment. ;)

Luckily I still have the original version installed and bought all the available dlcs at the time anyways.

14. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    no, i just see the icon to download it, so it recognizes my previous purchase, but not the dlc ones!

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Hummm, totally different to what I’m seeing.
    I notice that the AppStore description for this RR version has no In-App Purchases, suggesting this version has all the dlc included in the price. Does your game show that there is dlc available from within the game? If it does then maybe it is the original version you have installed?
    Just clutching at straws here.

16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i’m seeing the new RR version to install, free to download ‘cause i already own the previous one i guess... i’ve installed it but none of dlcs were available from start, not even those already purchased, the price was there for each one, but you couldn’t even buy them, so i’ve deleted it... is it clear?

Attached Files:

17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #1797 stubbieoz, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    ....yet I also have the original but the new RR version in the AppStore shows as needing payment to download. I’m at a loss.
    I do note that the one review for the RR version in the Aussie AppStore posted in July has someone asking the same question as you... they are also unable to work out how to download the extra content.
    The whole thing looks like some sort of scam imho.

18. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    probably you can't download the RR version for free 'cause you own the very first (old) one, while i've got the re-issue from last year.

stubbieoz likes this.
  19. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    Downloaded this for the Switch for $2.12AUD Its called Worlds of Magic: Planar Conquest. Looks like it's got all the DLC's.

20. mgambino

mgambino Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014

The Xbox One version, same name, is massively glitchy, hopefully the Switch one works better.