Universal Planar Conquest (by Shortbreak Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Feb 4, 2016.

1. eugenemcardle

eugenemcardle Well-Known Member

May 21, 2013
    Retired, Math/Science Teacher, Air Force Electron
    Redcliffe Queensland Australia
    #1761 eugenemcardle, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Just downloaded from Australian store. Even though its NOT on my previous purchase list, I downloaded and after entering password, message came up saying it's FREE because I owned an earlier version

PLUS, ALL DLC's INCLUDED

2. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for letting us know it's back online!

3. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Great news! Was sad to see this gone from the App Store and I’m very happy to see this game back.

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gwarmaxx likes this.
  5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Very strange. The original has disappeared again too. This new one is the exact same game, same coding, same bugs, same everything. The DLC doesn’t seem to have been activated yet though. Planar Conquest is definitely travelling a rocky road on iOS.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    so the other version was pulled from the store?
    wth, i'm really tired of all this dirty moves... all this modern sales systems just makes me throw up!

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    It sure feels hinky as the dev is notorious both on mobile and Steam for abandoning versions of the game and starting up a new near identical instances of the game.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  8. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    really??? i did not know that... wow, what a good people!

9. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    It’s unfortunate that wasteland interactive couldn’t get their business right for a game that showed so much promise when it was released on iOS the first time around.

I still think it’s a fantastic game (and a unique game on iOS) despite issues that were never addressed from the players. Just a sad situation all around. Here’s hoping they bring back the original Planar Conquest...once again.

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm likely speaking a bit out of my ass, but there is a tradition of leaving an incarnation of the game abandoned and buggy while focusing their efforts on a new version of their game on another platform, and once they return to the original platform, it's rereleased as a new game. They'd done this a couple of times as the development of this game has bounced from Steam to mobile, back to Steam, and now mobile again.

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Given the previous activity from the dev removing the game from the AppStore, I downloaded and then off-loaded it. I redownloaded it and the game and all the DLCs were restored and intact.

12. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I can understand why they might want to do that. It's hard to overcome early bad reviews on these platforms, even if the new version is significantly better.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Hmm... if I'm remembering correctly, I think an offloaded app can only be redownloaded if the game is still available in the AppStore... I don't know if that means you can still get it even if it's not shown, but available in your purchase history or if it has to be an active app.

=/

Speaking of removal and purchase history:;: I think I still needed to purchase one of the IAP packs. Does anyone know if IAPs can be purchased from a removed app that's still in your history?

14. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I still have the original version of the game as well as having purchased all the dlc currently installed on my iPad.
    I just checked in the aussie app store and it has the Planar Conquest RR game listed as free. (so it does not recognise my installed earlier version of the game).

Anyone know if I download the version in the app store, will it override my current premium version or will it exist side by side on my iPad as a seperate game?

This is a really big problem with iOS games.
    Because Apple no longer allows us to backup ipa files on a pc and then reinstall them when we want, (a real legitimate need as Apple devices have limited hard drive space) gamers are at the mercy of developers who remove games for whatever reason, including financial problems or just iOS update incompatibility.

15. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    you still can... search on Google an old version of iTunes that works in the old way.

16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for that mate! :)
    I’ll give that a go, though do you know if it will also install all purchased dlc as well?

17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1777 Gwarmaxx, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    never worked in that way, iTunes installed only the base ipa, not in app purchases.

if it can help you my iTunes version is 12.1.3.6, and i use it to download mostly purchased games on my PC... to install ipa files instead i use an old version of iFunbox, 'cause i never trusted the iTunes sync system, and also on iFunbox you can reinstall an old version of the game (if you still have the ipa) without deleting the newer one on your device, so without loosing any progress (this is really useful in case of a bugged update or new updates with IAPs and shit like those, 'cause you can roll back to the previous working or original version).

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #1778 stubbieoz, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Thanks for the info.
    I have iTunes 12.6.0.100 which I believe was the last version before they removed the app store from iTunes. I just tried installing an old game that is no longer available in the app store onto my ipad using it and it worked fine.

I thought one of the iOS versions completely broke iFunbox’s ability to install ipa files?? I obviously need to do some testing as I have loads of my old ipa files stored on my pc. (Actually thinking about it I think it was the ability to actually save the ipa files from the ipad to the pc...... CrApple and it’s obsession to control everything and stop the end user from doing anything is hard to keep up with).

Don’t suppose if you know if using iFunbox also installed dlc? Actually doesn’t matter. I think my stored ipa of Planar Conquest could be one before I actually bought any dlc.

19. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    actually the only feature (great one indeed) that has been sadly removed from iFunbox, after iOS 8.2, was the ipa extraction from devices to PC (i've used it a lot of times, specially when i had a pulled game installed on my device and had forgotten to download it on my PC), but an installing from an ipa still working fine also with the latest iOS, trust me.

stubbieoz likes this.
  20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have sent a message to the developer asking if people who have purchased the original version and the DLC could be allowed to download this “new” version at no cost using a redeeming code or something.
    Will report back if I hear anything.

Gwarmaxx likes this.