Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    I did notice a textual error. The Rodent transmission describes it as a 'flea'. Unless it is trying to say the rat is carrying the flea.

Oh, I raved about this to my co-worker and he bought it, too. It looks BEAUTIFUL on his iPad 3. No jaggies. My iPad 1 has the 2X jaggies.

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    That's how the black death spread. People think it was the rats, but it was actually their fleas.

3. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #103 barryweiser, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
    [Reposting Spam]

4. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    Yup, that's generally what happens to me when it comes to Greenland. There's some infected population, but not enough to build critical mass if the infected die off too soon.

The first time I played the game, I infected the entire world down to the last person before I turned it lethal, but by that point I'd generated most of DNA points I was going to get and couldn't wipe everyone out before the cure was found. I'm still trying to strike the perfect balance.

5. Anilones

Anilones Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    A relatively obvious error would be referring to the use of antibiotics in the developed world when playing with viruses (I expect this may be the case for other agents too), which do absolutely nothing to stop viruses.

An extremely pedantic point would be how the agents grow on the Petri dish, but I'll let that go. ;)

6. nijikai

nijikai Member

May 30, 2012
    Are you the guy who posted about this on reddit? If so, awesome. I had no cash at the time, and I wanted to remember it to buy it!

7. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Ah - no I wasn't but people keep talking about this post on reddit. However, I can't find it. Can you point me in the right direction as I have no knowledge of it!

8. MaverickUK

MaverickUK Active Member

May 1, 2011
    I thought about buying Pandemic, but resisted the urge. After seeing Plague Inc. in the store I decided to buy it, definitely worth the money, a new twist to iOS gaming - kudos for a well executed game dude.

I've found a bug, which is annoying. When the achievement pops up on the left side of the screen, it's white and cannot really be seen - will this be fixed? Also the bubbles cannot be accurately pressed, I'm talking mainly about the ones at the far top of the screen, however others are sometimes slightly unresponsive too.

Please fix the bubble issue at the top of the screen, it's actually really annoying me.

9. Noble_NPC

Noble_NPC Member

May 29, 2012
    This game's concept fulfills my fantasy of being a villain in hollywood movies, muwaahahahahaha :p

10. nijikai

nijikai Member

May 30, 2012
    I cannot find the damn thing. Reddit's search is notoriously awful, though. It was an image made by the apparent programmer himself, a one man company kind of thing, and he was passing out trisl codes. Is that not you? Are a bunch of pandemic spinoffs just coincidentally coming out at once?!

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You're thinking of another similar type of game called Infect The World.

12. nijikai

nijikai Member

May 30, 2012
    That's the bunny. Cheers Royce. So there really is just a deluge of these! Not a bad thing IMHO, since the "official" pandemic app was sort of crap.

13. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Interesting - hadn't heard of them. Any good?

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I noticed it's release but didn't buy. I don't often pick up non-universal apps. It's main spin seems to be player control of weather, which is interesting. I would definitely give it a whirl if it was universal (or an iPad version since that dev doesn't have any universal apps).

15. Rad Tommy

Rad Tommy New Member

May 30, 2012
    Absolutely loving this game, thank you! Myself and a couple of friends talk about it often comparing strategies and the like. We are, like a few people I've noticed, struggling with the Fungus Disease but are persisting to eventually beat it!

I was just thinking that it might be cool for a multiplayer option. This would involve infecting and destroying another persons country/planet, with a disease before they have chance to infect and destroy yours. You'd have to decide to either put your assets in to finding a cure and researching the disease to protect your people or upgrading your own disease to make it more deadly and undetectable. The more people you lose the less productive your research becomes.

16. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Alright...yesterday I finally beat the "bacteria" stage, which was very satisfying. I was riding high so I decided to take a stab at virus...it took me a few times, but the same basic strategy ended up working and I beat that one, too.

I really love the idea of locked "stages". This definitely keeps me coming back again and again.

The fungus level is proving to be more difficult than the previous two. I also noticed the "bubble popping" is more hit or miss on this level, in particular. The strategy previously employed is not producing the same effects. My basic stategy is starting out in Brazil and opening up the "air" and "water" transmissions...this allows the strand to expand pretty quickly.

Anyway, loving the game. Did the update get submitted last night, as expected?

17. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    @Ndemic Creations
    Hi,have younconsidered for the update an auto save feature?Cause I play on my 4th fen iPod and I've started five or six games so far and haven't been able to finish one.Every time I get close the game crashes and I lose all my progress.And when I exitted the app for a few minutes I expected it to pause but when I came back I had to start a new game again.thanks for reading this,it's a great game besides the lack of auto save/quick save and the crash bug. Keep up the great work.

18. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    What does the game center leader board show? I have a really low score and some people are in the hundreds of thousands but what does it mean?

19. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, ended up getting Pandemic 2.5 this morning...quickly deleted it. Obviously, the game deserves much respect if it is the original source of this type of game -- and Plague is pretty much Pandemic 3.0 -- but this game just does everything so much better. Impossible for me to want to play Pandemic now after playing this.