Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

Brilliant to hear!

Our current focus is making the app universal - other enhancements will be worked on in the future

2. Gatada

Gatada Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    As everyone seem to agree, the UI is really nice. The cleaner interface has a very welcome impact on the UX, which was the weak spot of Pandemic.

I don't miss day/night cycle, but would love to see the news banner slide out when there are no news to read.

Auto save will be very welcome. Both my games crashed when reaching 40%, and it happened both times I think, when I got a system notification.

3. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Has anyone any hints for a general strategy?
    I'm playing on normal, already infected every country, but could not become lethal quick enough then. Tried it the other way around, became lethal very quick, but then Iceland survived and kept working on the cure.

Other than that, a really addicting game :)

4. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Still new to the game myself, but my approach is to evolve my disease's ability to spread fast and delay research early on and then evolve its deadliness later. With this approach, I suspect the A.I. won't feel as compelled to research a cure quite as aggressively as if the disease was fatal early on. Still testing this strategy.

5. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This works, but you have to time it well. If you wait to long to evolve lethality, you may never be lethal enough. Remember most of your DNA points come as you spread from country to country. Once the world in all infected, it's too late to try to turn deadly unless you have saved points.

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I tried this approach but it didn't work really well.

Then I went with Zimbabwe as my first country, developed the deadliness really fast and then the infectivity. It almost worked. I failed because I took too long to develop the resistance against cold weathers, so the last country standing (Canada) developed a cure with less than 10 thousand people alive. Every other country died, heh.

7. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Yeah, found that out the hard way.
    Gonna give it a shot again.

8. Espekayen

Espekayen Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    A couple of feature requests:

1) Auto-hide news ticker when there's no news to report
    2) Ability to confirm starting country

Love this game, even though I'm not very good at it. Perhaps the developer will consider releasing a strategy guide or tips?

9. Ndemic Creations

One fact you may find useful/interesting- there isn't just 1 AI - there are 50+ as each government has its own AI. Therefore, each country will evaluate its decisions and actions independently and sad though it is, people just don't care about some countries as much as others...

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Is there any way to turn off the pop up tips and notifications? If not, there should be. It was helpful at first, but now I just want them to go away :p

11. Ndemic Creations

Yes - in the update

12. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    Well, I didn't win but that's ok. I'm going to buy this because sounds great :)

13. Ndemic Creations

Nice idea on the news ticker - it is something i want to do (also for Cure bar) but not high on the priority list yet.

Ability to confirm starting country - good idea but again - bigger things to work on at the moment (universal app, stability etc) - have added it to my list!

Re strategy guide / tips - absolutely something I want to do in the next day or so. Crazy busy at the moment trying to get the update out for everyone!

14. Hipcat

Hipcat Member

May 8, 2012
    Awesome game, and it's great to see a developer that actually seems to care about the players!

15. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    According to AppAdvice, there is a crash bug on iPod Touches running iOS 5.1.1. Hopefully this will get fixed in the update.

16. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Just wondering how many of you have beat the first "level" - bacteria?

I have tried at least a dozen times and have gotten close(ish) a few times, but still haven't broken through.

Is this quite difficult or do I just suck??

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I beat it my second try but I have a degree in biology :D

18. Ndemic Creations

19. Espekayen

Mar 30, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    When fully zoomed out, there shouldn't be any scrolling required to view the entire globe. At the moment, there is some sideways scrolling needed.

20. joey9

joey9 New Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Great Game!!

Love it so far but the using bacteria is impossible. :( I got it to 100% of population but there were still a couple hundred thousand healthy and I killed all the infected.

Any tips?