Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. ElitePanzer

ElitePanzer Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Yeah, you get a free trial for simian flu, but if you don't have Plague Pack you have to get the simian flu as an IAP

2. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    You can also get the simian flu by beating all other disease on brutal

3. chickaber

chickaber Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Aperture Laboratories
    I'm guessing that must include the special plagues then because I've beaten all on brutal except for necroa and the simian flu isn't unlocked for me!

4. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes it does include the other special plagues

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Like the simian flu... I really like this idea, having a Skynet Terminator army in plague inc. - [​IMG]

6. ElitePanzer

ElitePanzer Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    The problem with that is it wouldn't really be a "disease". That's the main thing against "cyber" things that fans want. I'm not saying I'm against it, but Plague Inc. is called "Plague" inc. for a reason, right? That being said, I would still enjoy a cyber virus in the game

7. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    It does include special plagues aswell. I beat Necroa on Brutal 2 days ago and it unlocked for me. Getting ready to play simian plague on brutal. Beat it once on easy and i had fun. I always love these new plagues being added.

8. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    True, maybe somehow the "disease" can work in the cyborgs human tissue, idk.. It doesn't have to be a real life plague.. Just a special expansion. Keeps the game fresh.

9. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    #3449 se7e11, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Simian Flu Tips & Tactics

So been playing through the disease and completing it a few times now and so far I'm really enjoying it, except the aggressive advertising for the movie tie-in, but nonetheless a really enjoyable disease on par with the Neurax worm and Necroa virus.

From my experience to create intelligent apes outside of the colonies (so in countries where the populace is infected but doesn't have any intelligent apes) activating the APE TRANSMISSIONS is paramount, such as Sebaceous Excretion, Cutaneous Transfer, Hominidae Bridge, etc...
    Does anyone know if the Hominidae Bridge stacks with the other animal transmissions?

Using the monkey attack ability will help spread infection but will also kill off a fair chunk of the monkeys in that country so this is useful where you're struggling to keep people infected.
    Does the monkey rampage work against drones or is the better tactic to either move colony or upgrade your stealth abilities?

If you ask me never activate Total Brain Death until almost everyone in the world is infected otherwise you'll struggle to get everyone infected before the disease kills all your hosts. I know it sucks because a couple of the Neuro-Enhancements sometimes mutates on their own and drastically speeds up the cure process.

And why the hell is the third upgrade (Covert Expertise) in the stealth abilities in red? What's the meaning of this?

Anyways, just some food for thought... any comments, suggestions, agree or disagree?

10. screwberrysq

screwberrysq Member

Mar 14, 2013
    The best way to fight back against drones is to just get your colony out of that nation. If you have any destroyed nations, you can keep the colonies there without any fear of reprisal. Rampaging is actually the worst thing you can do because it exposes them and will result in a destroyed ape population.

As far as infecting apes outside the colony, the best way to do that is to prioritize Ape to Ape Transmission and avoid Ape Migration abilities. This will ensure the virus spreads through land borders very efficiently. Then, use Organized Travel to cross the sea and infect island nations and cross over to the other hemisphere, infecting everything in their path. Unlike Zombie Hoards, they can pass through borders to get to a destination, so if you send some apes from Zimbabwe to New Zealand, they will pass through East Africa, Madagascar, and Australia, and infect those countries in the process. Another good one is to take an ape horde from Morocco and move them to Alaska's Aluetian islands, passing them through the Caribbean and the US, before settling in Alaska. Praise the Hay-Herbert Treaty!

11. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #3451 Gov, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Will the in-game BGM from Plague: Evolved come to the mobile version? i prefer that instead, or have the ability to select it from the options. It fits with the whole game perfectly.

12. ElitePanzer

ElitePanzer Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    To se7e11,
    It wasn't like that before, it used to be a monkey drawn out of dashed lines, to represent it being invisible. It is most likely just a visual error, although don't ask me the specifics because I truly don't know.

13. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    Tell me the details of all the specifics.

14. ElitePanzer

ElitePanzer Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Well I don't know why the change happened, it doesn't seem to make sense to put a bio hazard sign for camo tech, but it did have an invisible ape for the picture before. To actually get the specifics or the cause of the change you would need to ask Ndemic.

15. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

A minor file error - will be fixed shortly!

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hey Guys,

As one who has bought all of the expansions but only plays once in a Blue Moon and not very well at that (still waiting for the local point leaderboards tied to each specific disease/scenario in the game ala the speed runs but including the specials), what is the functional differences between the Zombie and Simian games? I assume they'll both have that cool duality of both evolving the original disease while managing the converts, but what else?

I'm assuming the apes ate clearly more intelligent and, having only a very finite number of convertees, must work a lot more in stealth than the ever increasing zombie hordes would to take over?

17. ElitePanzer

ElitePanzer Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    The main difference is the gameplay(obviously) and goal. The simian flu's goal is to create the planet of the apes. To do this you need to create colonies of intelligent apes WHILE trying to kill off the human race. Furthermore, you need to upgrade the simian's intelligence and capabilities( horse riding, language, raft making, advanced weapon making,etc.) and generally making life hell for humans in their war against the apes, while also increasing the lethality and infectivity to wipe out the remaining humans. The goal of the necroa virus is JUST to wipe out humanity with zombies. Once you can reanimate dead people, it just continues into zombie upgrades. You upgrade zombies to make them migrate and rise from the dead, or to be more effective in combat against humans. You do not need any more lethal symptoms because you have zombies to do the dirty work for you while also infecting other people with the virus. Both simian flu and necroa virus use action buttons to be able to move and be more effective in combat. But that is the only similarity as both use different actions for different things. To answer your question, yes. The apes must use more stealth(can be upgraded by you) to hide from humans and generally the only ape attacks you use are generally to slow down the cure or to infect more humans. However, you have to use the ape attacks carefully, as a low population of apes in a country will suffer a blow to the intelligent ape population, mainly because humans don't enjoy being attacked and will often use their superior technology to fight back. I hope I managed to answer your question.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yes, thanks!

19. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    Simian Flu

Mega brutal was surprisingly easy after all.

Attached Files:

20. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Eh? Mega-Brutal = easy? What are you talking about! You probably watched a tutorial, I doubt you did that in your own.