Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. HannahMP

HannahMP New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    #3361 HannahMP, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    Super Sparrow

Help! I am trying to get the Super Sparrow Achievement, but am having trouble spreading to islands even with getting water 2 right away and using Mkesaber's strategy. I've played on normal instead of brutal and have also tried starting in China cause I usually get Greenland faster that way, but then I have hot climate islands that don't get reached.

The plague I still need 3 biohazards on is bio-weapon. I've been able to spread to all countries, just not fast enough to get three biohazards.

I was able to complete the other 8 plagues.

Any advice is appreciated as Super Sparrow and Patient Who are the only achievements I still have to get. The guides I've found for Patient Who also haven't worked.

Update: I got the Super Sparrow Achievement, but am still having trouble getting the Patient Who achievement. Seems very random... Thought I had it once, but it didn't unlock.

2. NCC-2000

NCC-2000 Member

Dec 24, 2012
    So I'm not sure if anyone here has seen this, but it seems like Plague Inc has been cloned. I discovered this because my friend had it on his iPad, when I saw it I was disgusted that they pretty much copied EVERYTHING, and they even have their own in-app purchases! Can anything legally be done about this? What really ticks me off is that almost everyone in the reviews for the app is praising it for being so good and some even think Plague Inc is the copy! Ugh.

Anyway I just wanted to mention this here in case no one has seen it and to possibly bring it to the attention of Ndemic in case anything actually can be done legally.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/infection-bio-war-free/id805807843?mt=8

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    #3363 Gov, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    There are many clones of other titles too. Take Canabalt as an example, there's an identical clone (actually copied fully copied) named - "Angry Run Saga". It even has ripped all the reviews from the Canabalt appstore description, the only thing different is.. it's free and has added widescreen support..oh and they ripped the "Vectors" icon. I've played Infection Inc.. (i call it ;P) really rubbish.

Actual link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-run-saga/id770298443?mt=8

4. tawraste

tawraste Member

Feb 3, 2014
    request

Any chance of an ebola scenario? Its of current interest, has 5 variants, has Zoonotic possibilities, has plenty of research unknowns, symptoms that parallel many other illnesses and is truly horrific!
    I think it would be awesome!

5. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    No, bad time to include it in plague inc with the recent outbreak. Maybe after it has been contained.

6. Mixedmethods

Mixedmethods New Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Re: new plagues.

Longtime lurker. Hi. I owe you guys a debt of thanks for cracking those achievements!

I'm all for mental illness awareness, but mental illnesses aren't contagious, which makes them a really bad fit for Plague Inc. (Kind of the last message you'd want to send -- kill everyone with depression/anxiety/bipolar disorder?) Schizophrenia has so much stigma attached that the diagnosis alone leads to poorer outcomes, reduced treatment options, decreased employment prospects, etc. We already have the Neurax Worm for psych-heavy symptoms.

Honestly, as a recovered anoretic, it'd be depressing to give the world anorexia nervosa. AN is why I was vulnerable during the H1N1 outbreak in 2009 -- to make a dark joke, I was the equivalent of starting in [insert your favourite "Poor" nation of choice here]. Even AN is rarely fatal (particularly once you exclude suicide), despite eating disorders being the most "lethal" mental illnesses. I can't say I'd have fun playing a mental illness scenario -- leaving aside the realism problems, it's also just ... unpleasant to contemplate.

One reason I love Plague is that it's never self-serious or preachy. I studied risk assessment, which included pandemics -- and Plague Inc. is fun the same way playing Risk is fun despite writing your thesis is on war: it's realistic enough to let you strategise, but not so real you start feeling bad.

On a happier note: Botoshel just appeared in my news feed for the first time. :) I remember thinking "okay, rabid HAS to be a hint," but I never would have figured it out. All hail Botoshel!

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I got a pop that solicited me to buy a new update that said it had new graphics and other enhancements. I bought it thinking that it was going to be the new street view but I could not find any new graphics of any sorts. It was the zombie senario and nothing was different graphics wise. I already spent 4 or 5 bucks in iap and I'm a little upset about this.

8. Quicksilva94

Quicksilva94 Active Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Will the PC version ever make it to the IOS devices?

9. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Maybe when the iPad 8 arrives, that should be as powerful as PC.

10. Weathernerd

Weathernerd New Member

Mar 16, 2014
    You mean the iphone 9?
    Because i'm expecting that thing would be 10 inches

11. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I got a pop that solicited me to buy a new update that said it had new graphics and other enhancements. I bought it thinking that it was going to be the new street view but I could not find any new graphics of any sorts. It was the zombie senario and nothing was different graphics wise. I already spent 4 or 5 bucks in iap and I'm a little upset about this.

12. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Mutation 8 is live!

13. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

In the Necroa Virus - if you go to the disease screen - you should see a human slowly getting zombified. Other graphics are new disease techs and event images. The key thing is the new gameplay - have you tried it yet?

Yes it is - grab a face mask and get playing! V interested in how people find mega brutal. Also - the shuffle strain cheat is pretty cool

14. amyster

amyster New Member

Apr 22, 2014
    are the iap worth it?

i replayed this multiple times and starting to think of get an iap, any suggestions?

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'd still prefer to have each disease, much like it was done in the Speedrun mode, to have its own local score leaderboard.

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Necroa and the worm are my favorites. The worm ha to be the easiest though, I was able to beat mega brutal with 100% cure.

17. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I'm not good at this game, but this is the easiest mode.

Attached Files:

18. wab

wab New Member

Apr 24, 2014
    smallpox again

Any chance updating android version any time soon?Oh and congrats btw really amazing game.
    I'm almost done with scenarios with just smallpox not been able to get three gold bios/two gold,three silver/.Achievments-68/74,only smallpox,the three with necro in UK, and the three requiring three bios in volcanic ash pirate and shut down everyting.
    Smallpox is the only problem.I've tried every single strat posted here or somewhere else ,every singe combination i could think of but cant make it.The strat from mikesaber is the only one that seems that might work but even after something like 50 tries stiil cant do it.I even managed to add diaria and pulmonary oedema to to symtoms without getting noticed but it still spreads too slow.Any ideas?

19. dragon55

dragon55 Member

Apr 27, 2014
    A request to the developer: Please make Necroa Virus easier on Mega Brutal.

I consider myself fairly good at the game. I beat everything except for Necroa Virus on Mega Brutal. IMO the new difficulty is a challenge but could be made harder. The easiest ones to beat were Neurax Worm, Parasite, and Prion in that order. The cure didn't even complete with those. Bioweapon, Bacteria, Virus, and Nano-Virus were pretty tough to beat but I managed to do it. The thing is, you can let the cure complete, get enough DNA points to evolve something to reduce the percentage, and still win. The cure completed twice on Bacteria before I was able to slow it down, once on bioweapon, virus, and nano-virus. (I was able to stop the cure for nano-virus at 98%). A suggestion to make it harder would be: make cure research go up even quicker; make it so that once the cure is finished, it is deployed quicker; restrict genetic modifications.

(A bug I have noticed with Mega Brutal is that if you use one of the genes that allow costs not to increase (such as Sympto-Stasis) the "genetic drift" will still make it increase when you're noticed and being cured. Just a thing.)

But Necroa Virus, it's just so d*** tough! For one, it's really hard to spread without being noticed, and it's also tough to get zombies before they have cured/almost cured you. Besides that, Z-Com is activated so fast after zombies arise (usually around 2-3 weeks) that I'm still trying to get my horde/reanimation/combat advantage abilities up and they've already spread to a new country. I tried it 3 times on Mega Brutal and Z-Com set up a new base about a week in-game after they first appeared. Also, I evolved about 5 different combat advantages for my zombies, and though Z-Com stood, I also noticed that Mexico, NOT Z-COM ENFORCED, managed to eradicate my zombies. How is that even right? BTW, I think the in-game is also troll; At the very end of my 3rd game it was just Canada (first Z-Com base), Sweden (third Z-Com base; second was in Italy, which I destroyed), and Mexico. I ran out of DNA points to use abilities and was stuck with a measly 1 DNA with no way of getting more. Canada managed to kill my zombies with ~18 million healthy left, and about a week after a message popped up: "Armed Gangs attack Z-Com, ability to defend against zombies reduced". Really?

If anybody else has a good strategy for Necroa Virus on Mega Brutal, help would be appreciated. I tried only evolving Zoonotics; I tried only evolving Saliva/Blood; I tried getting Horde to millions before evolving combat advantages. How else do I beat it an unlock Shuffle/Lucky Dip?