Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Xavius_Smith

Xavius_Smith New Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Englanddddd
    I can't, for the death of me, win this with bacteria on medium difficulty..

2. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    #3322 se7e11, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
    Monster of myth and folklore

Another one for the idea box, pandemic.
    Monsters of folklore which can be country specific.

A few suggestions

Canada - Wendingo
    USA - Bigfoot
    Jamaica - voodoo based zombies
    Greenland - the kraken
    Norway - trolls
    England - Loch Ness monster and/or dragons
    Spain - chubacabra
    Italy - chimera (closest to Greece as we can get)
    Poland/Germany - golem
    Central Europe - Dracula and/or werewolf
    Central Asia - yeti
    Japan - Godzilla
    Australia - drop bear
    New Zealand - King Kong (best choice I could think of considering weta works made the recent but only half decent King Kong film and used New Zealand as skull island)

I can appreciate that with the recent collaboration with the cdc keeping things realistic is paramount but we did have zombies, and keeping things sometimes fun and light is gravy.

Feel free everyone to add to the list. There's probably dozens of monsters and myths in Latin America and Africa that can be explored.

Ps! And the final suggestion for comedic effect: the Borat invasion from Kazakhstan.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If I buy the scenario pack do I get all subsequent scenarios

4. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Guys please! Help!!!

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Yes you do if you buy the full pack

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks Lazer (; wouldn't want to have to pay more haha

7. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    i think you can unlock it by playing through the early levels.

8. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    I've put more time into this than any game on any console (besides maybe the Call of Duty and super Mario series)

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    No, sadly not. That's only with the main diseases :/ You have to buy the scenarios

And wow, that's a lot of time haha. I used to play this all the time back in the dizzay.. I've played strictly on brutal, probably only played 2-3 games on normal or casual altogether just to see what it was like.

I just played the Black Death scenario today for the first time and I really digged it. I've loved this stuff ever since reading the Andromeda Strain and the Hot Zone.

Quick question: Is there multiple scenarios under the volcanic ash scenario? I read something somewhere that have me that impression

10. tawraste

tawraste Member

Feb 3, 2014
    can anyone help please?

Hi everyone,
    I've been working through the scenarios, and I'm down to only two left. I've been trying for quite a while now and thought that it was time I asked for some help. It seems to me that this is the only place to ask.
    So, can anyone offer any help with bio weapon on shut down everything please? The main problem I have is remaining islands closing their ports. Is this triggered by the cdc raising the alert level?
    Also, any strategies for smallpox yet? I've only managed two silver!
    Refering back to the santa may help spread disease thing, could this be a prompt for the livestock upgrade (reindeer)?
    Thanks guys,
    Please keep up your fine work.

11. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    Volcano zombies

Struggling like a bitch in heat with necroa virus on volcanic ash? Has anyone figured out the walkthrough for brutal difficulty yet?... If so please hit me up with it.

Cheers

12. kcl71188

kcl71188 New Member

Feb 4, 2014
    NYC
    Can't figure out Golden Age

For some reason I cannot get 3 bio-hazards for the Golden Age scenario for the life of me. Could someone give me some help? I've tried every plague type including neurax and necroa and I still cannot get anything better than 2 bio-hazards! Any help would be much appreciated. :)

13. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Hey, I have the flu this weekend so ironically enough I got this game (albeit for Android, not iOS) and have been playing through after rather quickly paying the 15 bucks to unlock everything (including the cheats, which i haven't used yet). I've beat every plague type (special and not), including a lethal victory with the neurox worm, but many of them only on casual.

I'm having trouble making the jump to normal difficulty. What I find is, to spread quickly, I need to pay a fair bit on transmission traits, and then find that the humans have maxed their funding, and I've infected most of them, but then while the cure isn't an immediate threat, I don't have the DNA to get anything much more lethal than tumors and pulminary fibrosis, which then proceed to take forever to drop enough humans to get me more DNA.

This is why so far I've only beat normal on bacteria, virus and bioweapon -- the later two make it pretty easy to build up lethal symptoms, and the former at least doesn't actively screw your development. I'm fairly confident I could beat it on fungus or neurox, but my one attempt with zombies, I was freakishly unlucky when Z-corp set up in one of the small countries in Indonesia, and most of my zombies rotted before I buy the abilities, send a significant horde over and squash them. Ended up being like a 3 year game.

Anyhow, I'd really appreciate any thoughts or advice, and hope you don't mind having an android player here. In the meantime, I think I'll play casual, maybe with a "challenge" start point like Canada or South America. Might be more fun :)

14. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Also, is there actually an HIV scenario? I saw that in some of the pre-release materials, but I assume it wasn't finished in time for the release of most of the scenarios.

15. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    #3335 se7e11, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Not sure if you have unlocked all the genetic codes but even if you haven't it should still be doable.

Choose virus on brutal mode.

Activate:
    ATP boost
    Native biome. Or aquacyte
    Sympto-stasis
    Base oxidisation
    Extremophile

Start in India

Evolve:
    coughing, cysts, abcesses, nausea,
    Rural, bird, water,
    sneezing, vomiting,
    Drug resistance 1, cold 1, cold 2,
    Rash, sweating, skin lesions, pneumonia,
    viral instability 1 & 2,
    drug resistance 2, viral instability 3, genetic hardening 1&2,
    water 2 (if Greenland hasn't been infected yet)

Around now the cure rate should begin and hopefully you have approx 3 billion infected, time to start killing.
    Diarrhoea, necrosis, dysentery, insanity, total organ failure, hemorrhagic shock, insomnia, paranoia, coma, paralysis....

!!remember not to start total organ failure or hemorrhagic shock until every country has a couple of thousand infected.

You should finish in less than a year with a four or five biohazard rating and a low cure percentage.

Ps! virus and neurax worm seem to be easiest diseases to beat.

Hope this helps.

16. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Thanks! I'll try that next game (maybe warming up with normal, not brutal), and let you know how it goes.

17. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Terracyte and aerocyte are the only travel genes I have unlocked, though hopefully aquacyte will be next. Also, I don't have any of the -stasis genes (but have both of the others in that group). Going to keep going, starting a normal run now :). Any thoughts on how to best use those genes? More for my speedruns than anything, thanks. I am WAY too obsessive about this game lol.

18. Ndemic Creations

Ndemic Creations Well-Known Member

So - who likes the sound of Mega Brutal? :p

19. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Thanks so much, Se7e11! That strategy let me win virus on brutal in just over a year, with the DNA I listed in my prior post. I need to remember to get some symptoms early, rather than counting on transmissions to build infectivity, and end up flying under the radar but having difficulty killing later. Score was 159k, but I was into 2015 before I infected Caribbean and Iceland. Greenland fell pretty easy, they only made it to research level 2 before getting infected, and a month in there were 10k infected there.

20. Pakaran

Pakaran Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Ooh! Will it be available on Android? Even as a fairly new player who would certainly lose, it sounds awesome! Instead of mega-brutal, I don't suppose you'd like the sound of "Sadistic" or something? Mega-brutal just strikes me as a mouthful. If you have your heart set on that, that's great, you're the author, but I'm sure other players would also be happy to offer naming suggestgions.