Universal Plague Inc. - (by Ndemic Creations)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ndemic Creations, May 26, 2012.

1. Phynubis

Phynubis New Member

Dec 20, 2013
    Finally: Smallpox Brutal - 3 bios

Thank you for the xmas present, Mkesaber!

It took about 50 tries with your strategy - random generators can be really naughty and devilish ;)
    As long as the cure-speed stays that fast, this tactic seems to be the only way to get 3 bios. It's a pity, because the whole special concept with the vaccines is useless until the smallpox-cure gets fixed.

Christmassy greetings from Germany! :)

(Pocken [German] = smallpox)

Attached Files:

2. Kayg0000

Kayg0000 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    I need a strategy for 3 bios on brutal for swine flu and Black Death. Please

3. ghost2027

ghost2027 Member

Mar 20, 2013
    There is a strategy for black death a couple pages back that works "well enough" to get 3 biohazards. I am working one one for swine flu. So far, I have gotten ~64,000 points. I start in Saudi Arabia, use air and water transmissions and use the mutation abilities. I may give a more refined strategy once I get it to work, but something is weird about mine, so I would look to someone else first.

Anyone look at getting Mr President, but with only brutal runs?

The cure rate in smallpox is probably not a bug, it is just the boss mode.

4. CMiSmith

CMiSmith New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Pirate Plague

Hey folks. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm having trouble with one of the scenarios on casual. I can't consistently spread Pirate Plague to islands. What am I missing?

5. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Do it using Neurax so you can direct the Trojen planes to the islands. Or if doing the achievement that involves all diseases for pirate scenario, use the aquacyte gene and get water 2 as fast as possible.

Whilst 3 bios is somewhat of a speed race, don't be afraid to spend some time hiding and infecting before adding symptoms. To get the islands you need open routes, if china closes seaports too early you may not get New Guinea etc.

6. CMiSmith

CMiSmith New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Thanks for the post.

I've plowed through most of the viruses on Pirate Plague (towards the achievement.) Now I'm stuck on Nano. It's the familiar problem of not having enough DNA to kill everyone quickly enough. The best I can do is 2/3 bios after 15-16 months. Any suggestions?

7. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I paid the £7 to unlock as I'm an uber casual gamer and just wanted to get into the zombie stuff.

Brilliant. Insanely brilliant.

Please don't stop with the updates.

8. Kayg0000

Jun 26, 2012
    UK
    Use a feature if the game to "hack" extra DNA, on casual you get 2 points back on devolving, for Nano, Insomnia costs 0, combined with the gene that locks symptom costs and you can evolve/devolve insomnia for 2 DNA. Rinse and repeat for as much DNA as you need.

I've done all diseases except Necroa, I never mastered speed Necroa.

9. pennyone

pennyone New Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Hi,
    I have tried your method of getting 3 Bios on smallpox Brutal. Tried it over 70 times but can still not get enough for 3 Bios.
    However, there is always a News note, which when looked at in the News items is in red: Santa 'may help spread disease' It is obviously a clue, but I have no idea what it is. Does anyone have any ideas?

10. CMiSmith

CMiSmith New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Has anyone figured out how to migrate their Plague install to another android phone? I'll buy a second copy if needed but I really don't want to start from scratch progress-wise.

11. CMiSmith

CMiSmith New Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Which plagues do you need for the Super Sparrow, Lava God and Mr President achievements? I've gotten 3 bios (bronze) on Bacteria, Virus, Fungus, Parasite, Prion, Nano-Virus, Bio-Weapon, Neurax Worm, and Necroa Virus without triggering the achievement.

12. AirJordan

AirJordan New Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Swine Flu 3 Bios

I read the "learn more about Swine Flu" part before I started and there was a lot of clues to use. Using this tactic has produced two scores of 70,000+ out of maybe 10 tries. It all depends on the random mutations.

Genes: ATP Boost, Native, Transtasis, Creationist, Extremeophile
    Start: China
    As soon as you press on the red biohazard evolve
    Swine2
    Droplets 2
    Livestock 1 and 2
    Air1
    Water 1
    (you should get a mutation here, mine was Insomnia. Moving forward I'll put in parenthesis the random mutations)
    Bird 1 and 2
    (Pulminary Oaedema)
    Zoonosis
    Drug 1
    Water 2
    Air 2
    Cold 1 and 2
    Heat 1
    Bio-aerosol
    Rash
    Vomiting
    Hypersensitive
    Cold 2
    Heat 2
    (Pulminary Embolism)
    (Diarrhoea)
    Drug 2
    Genetic Hardening 1
    Viral 1
    Viral 2
    Inflamation
    (Systemic Infection)
    Viral 3
    (Pulminary Fibrosis)
    (Immune Suppression)
    Genetic Hardening 2
    Historic Reassortment
    (Coma)
    Epistaxis
    Haemoptysis
    (Myocarditis)
    (Dysentary)
    Reshuffle 1
    (Pulinary Hemmorhage)
    (Hem Shock)
    (Cytokine Storm)
    Bacterial Pneumonia
    Reshuffle 2
    (TOF)

Basically use the viral instability to your advantage to pay for the more expensive and lethal symptoms and use transmissions to quickly infect everyone.

I hope this helps.
    Zoonosis

Attached Files:

13. Mkesaber

Mkesaber Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2012
    You need to beat all 9 diseases in normal mode with 3 bios (silver). Bronze won't count.

Good luck with super sparrow (aka pirate plague). It is extremely difficult because of the islands. Took me many many tries.

14. Botoshel

Botoshel Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Male
    Student
    Scotland
    Does anyone have a good strategy in order to beat Parasite in the Shut down everything scenario? Need 3 silver stars.. Driving me nuts already.

15. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    #3315 Mkesaber, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    Achievements

for Super Sparrow, Lava God and Mr President achievements. You need to beat all 9 diseases in normal mode with 3 bios (silver). Bronze won't count.

Good luck with all of them, especially super sparrow (aka pirate plague). It will take you dozens of tries and a lucky run to beat them. They are extremely difficult because of the islands.

This strategy is the best I've found. It should help with Bacteria, Virus, Parasite, and Prion. Greenland and Madagascar like to hold out, so you just need to catch them on a lucky run.

Strategy
    Spread the disease fast. Attack cold, rich, and humid countries. Kill.

Evolve Order
    Saudi Arabia
    Catalytic switch, symptostasis, genetic mimic, hydrophile
    Note: for Mr President use suppression, for other 2 use teracyte or aquacyte

1. all non-lethal symptoms
    2. air 2, water 2, drug 2, cold 2, heat 1, bioareosol
    3. wait till every country infected
    4. go fully lethal
    5. genetic reshuffles

Notes:
    for Mr. President, if Madagascar or Greenland lockdown, start over.
    for all 3 scenarios, if any major lethal symptoms mutate b4 all counties infected, devolve.
    Experiment with tweaking evolve order based on disease and scenario, but maintain basic strategy .

Attached Files:

16. powersoul

powersoul New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    How did you manage a 3 bio-hazard score on the necroa virus? That is the only plague type that I am struggling with.

17. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    #3317 se7e11, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    Santa

Hey all,

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get 3 silver biohazards on bacteria and parasite in volcanic ash. From the sounds of things time and a low cure rate seems to be the two most important factors. ***update: mkesaber's solution works like a charm! Thanks!

Oh yeah, Can someone please go into a bit of detail what the different colours in the news feed mean. E.g. "Santa May help spread disease" in red or "cdc zombie spoof...." In blue/grey.

Cheers.

18. Mkesaber

Oct 10, 2012
    3 bio necroa

Necroa
    China @ boost, Suppresion, Splice, Darwin, urbo

1. Zoo, rat 2, bird 1
    2. insomnia to anabolic boost, + lumbrical hypertrophy and peptide surge
    3. Max the horde abilities then send millions to infect resistant countries (optional: pause game to stop the clock when sending hordes, hording each country once will speed things up.)
    4. Evolve other severe symptoms as you go to speed up zombie takeover

Red are actionable events in the game. blue, gray, yellow don't mean much.
    this likely means the santa is a clue that can probably help somewhere. while it appears across all scenarios, it could be the key to pirate plague or smallpox brutal, as those are the truly tough challenges in the scenarios. what does it mean? i am not looking to crack it but happy hunting to someone who is.

19. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    I definitely agree Santa has something to do with pirate plague but probably nothing to do with small pox as that's a real life plague and would be kind of strange to let Santa have something to do with it.

I think grey/blue are information events like urban density fall to let the player know to perhaps activate rat transmission.

20. se7e11

se7e11 Member

May 18, 2013
    Hmmmm.... I have finished all nine scenarios on Volcanic Ash on normal mode with 3 silver stars yet my Lava God achievement has not popped. Are you sure it doesn't have to be on brutal mode? Either way I'm going through them on brutal now and have completed all of them except necroa disease. Will try mkesaber's walkthrough.

I can't figure out when to activate segmented genome. It really does not seem worth 24 points for a bit of random mutation. Are you meant to use activate it or even deactivate it once "Amish genome fully sequenced" shows up in the news feed. (Yeah, I call my disease Amish, big whoop, wanna fight about it).

Thanks again for listening, any tips would be greatly appreciated.