Universal PKTBALL - Endless Arcade Smash Sport (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 6, 2016.

1. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Thanks Chris,

Good points regarding the grabber/golden grabber!

There is iCloud save yeah. It saves your character progress, statistics and character progress. It doesn't save your coin value as I couldn't get this to work properly, but it's something I'll look into again.

And yeah, we really need to add a pause option! Annoyingly this is harder than it might seem, but I will do my best to get it added soon. We've got a new update coming out soon, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to add it in for then.

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Amazing game. Really, really good.

3. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Bollocks! I had to restore my phone and lost all my coins. Not cool! I still adore the game don't worry but between this and exiting out of the grabber the game seems a little bent on taking away my hard earned coins!!

4. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    On the 4S and the iPad 3, it suffers a lot of slowdown, specially with the characters with cooler gfx. I guess my hardware is too old, doh!

5. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Yeah, sorry about that. We did do testing on 4 and 4s. That's why we included a "graphic FX" options in the settings. You can turn off shaders and things like that. That should improve it a lot.

We were in the office until 1am last night getting a new update ready to go live. We didn't quite finish it, but it should be out next week or so.

Thanks for playing everyone, it really means a lot to read your comments :)

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #66 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Hey, thanks! I didn't notice those options. Reinstalling now to check them. I really, really like the game. EDIT: it sure helped. It's much, much smoother now. Any chance you include a coin doubler IAP?

7. Buss1985

Buss1985 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Hi Rob, really enjoying the game. Just a quick question, what are the Quests? Can't seem to find anything about them in the game.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm pretty sure the quests are the bars at the top of the end of game screen, e.g. "276 until prize".

Have you considered adding a secondary leaderboard for longest rally? I just had a 72-shot rally that I was quite pleased with, but don't know how that compares to others.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    That's a sick rally bro. My best is 42.

10. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Does the character PKTBOT have any special animation that makes the game suffer more slowdowns with it than with the rest? Even after setting off all the special effects and such, this character seems to suffer quite a lot of slowdowns. The rest (of the unlocked I have) are more or less fine though.

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It was very early on in the game and just after missing a shot, so I think I still died with a score of about 89!

12. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Update soon?

13. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Hi guys. We have an update coming soon yeah :) we're in Boston at the moment for PAX so it's a bit difficult to get time, but we're going to try submit in the next couple of days. There's a few bug fixes and some nice new additions. Maybe even a new character ;)

14. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Great stuff. Just unlocked my last character. HoPiKo and Alone are probably my favourites. Total playtime 5:19. I made one purchase and watched a few ads. Was never even offered the fabled golden grabber.

Suggestions for new characters:
    * A knight in amour, with sword.
    * A baby with a rattle.
    * A caveman with club.
    * A not-quite-Jedi (for legal reasons) with a light saber. Maybe a Vader-like Dark Lord?
    * The Easter Bunny, with a basket racket and an egg for a ball.
    * Michonne from The Walking Dead with her sword and a zombie-head ball (maybe a bit much?!)
    * More iOS indie crossovers. A Probe from Warbits? Flux from Crashlands?

15. H4nd0fg0d

Mar 30, 2010
    Have almost all characters and now the game let's me play one match then freezes up when I hit play for new game.?????????

16. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Yeah I'm having the same problem. I'm sure they'll fix it after they wrap up at PAX East. But damn if I don't want to play this more. This was the one game I couldn't put down. :)

17. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    We're aware of the issues guys. So sorry about it, it really sucks! It rewards loyal players with a horrible crash!

We're really hoping to get an update out for next Thursday. We might have to do it on the plane back to the UK on Monday night though!!

18. Elunix

Elunix Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Hey LaserRob! Just another suggestion, don't know if this has been brought up yet but perhaps an alternate commentator, like a female voice? Anyone like this idea?

Still happily enjoying this gem! High score of 326! Haha, thanks again for the hard work!

19. LaserRob

Sep 26, 2015
    Hey, we'd love to add another commentator, and a female one would be perfect! The problem is that we're both male :D

Once we're a bit more settled, we'll look into hiring some voice actors. We need to add more characters that aren't voiced by us!!

20. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I was pretty excited about the quests until I completed one and was hit with a 4 hour timer. I guess I just need to accept the fact that iOS developers, even indie devs are just hellbent on putting timers in their games. Annoying since I've spent $4 on IAP in this game because I love it. Not that $4 is a lot of money but it's just frustrating.
    Also, all the new features but the heavily requested pause button was too much?