Universal PKTBALL - Endless Arcade Smash Sport (by Laser Dog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Apr 6, 2016.

1. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    Laser Dog for me is like Blizzard, but exclusively for mobile!
    Amazing game like always.

2. Brawwwn

Brawwwn Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    This is seriously one of the most fun mobile games I have played, ever. The best tennis style game on the app store, hands down. Once you get some power ups and a good multiplier and volley going, the adrenaline really starts to flow. If you praised tennis champs with its clunky, overly complicated controls then this is what you want as Laser Dog really nailed the controls here for the platform.

3. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I didn't dig it at first, but it's started to grow on me. I find that if I play the very end of the court as much as possible I seem to be more successful.

4. floob

floob Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Is there a way to do the tutorial again? I can't remember if there's a way to do a strong hit.

5. LaserRob

LaserRob Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2015
    There's an option to replay the tutorial from the settings screen. A strong hit is achieved by doing a "fast slide" into the ball :) It might be tricky at first, but it'll hopefully become natural after a few attempts.

6. Divorced

Divorced Member

Oct 22, 2014
    California
    Managed to get 400s but my biggest gripe with the game is that my only losses are from me hitting my own side poles and the ball bounces back. I don't find myself really ever losing to the opponent.

7. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Are you playing on an iphone or ipad? Just curious. :D And hitting a border which reflects to yourself is pretty luck based indeed.

8. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #28 OrangutanKungfu, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    I do love Laser Dog - hope this one makes the masses of money that HoPiKo deserved. Not enjoying this as much though. It's got ridiculously strong rivals in Table Tennis Touch and Tennis Champs Returns, and I'm not sure how many more of these games I need. Definitely want to give it more time though.

EDIT: I've given it more time, and I think I might now love it... Definitely better with the sound on - love the cheesy speech.

9. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Devs congrats with the Editors Choice badge in the appstore. ;) Maby add tournaments as a future content update?

10. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I suck because my high is 140 and I find it challenging.

11. saidwafiq

saidwafiq Active Member

Jan 21, 2016
    I'm a fan of your work guys. I've bought alone. and hopiko and and now I'm enjoying this free game. Nice touch the remix of hopiko soundtrack ;)

12. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    It's s nice little game and I'm sure multiplayer will be fun (didn't try it yet) but it feels like it could be so much more if it had a career mode like Tennis Champ Returns and wasn't just an endless game that for me get dull quickly. Also, it's pretty clear the AI is programmed to return everything and let a few ball sneak past every now and then, very blatantly.

13. Zn37

Zn37 New Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Really like it so far, great music and graphic. But the continue screen just a little bit annoying. Is it possible to add an IAP remove it? Like HoPiKo you can get restart instantly after failed.

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Fun and addictive. Mucho fun and I keep getting better.

15. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    I wasn't getting it. Even struggling thru the tutorial. About 10-15 minutes in not even breaking 10 point matches.....then the controls clicked. I'm loving this!!! My highscore is 323 right now.

p.s. I hate weeks where I buy multiple premium games and a free-to-play game is what hooks me in!!

16. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is really good.
    I saw someone mention a career mode. That would be a great addition for single player replayability.
    Lots of great characters. I never played Hopiko but I did play Alone.

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Agreed, but I haven't tried turning the "graphic FX" off in the settings menu.

18. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Doesn't seem to be too bad on my 6s+ battery.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I feel your pain. I have so many premium games in my backlog, but this has just gripped me. After a shaky start, I now love this. Only in the 200s for my top scores, but thoroughly enjoying it. Hope the Laser Dog guys are taking it in this time.

20. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I bought two characters. I play and play and watch videos and finally when it's time to grab one out of the claw machine, there's always one at the top that I already have. And I only have two.
    Then I exited out thinking I could come back later and try again but instead I lost all those coins :(

It would be nice if maybe it didn't take quite so many coins to get a chance? I don't mean to whine about it since it's a free game. As soon as I'm able I want to purchase more.