Universal Pizza Hero (by Astro Hound Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Aug 22, 2023.

1. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Yikers. Encountered a bug that was about to grant me my 8th level red chili pepper (see screenshot capturing the game freezing during the reward animation). When I swiped up to resume the game it reverted me to a spot 12-minutes earlier. The portal had just opened at the 20-minute mark, I got my 8th red chili pepper, and the game froze. I got out of the game and resumed play, only to return to an earlier stage of the game and lost all the power-ups I had subsequently acquired after that point.

I have the latest iOS under the hood on my 14 Plus, in case you're wondering. Ah well, I guess that signaled my return back to work ;)

Attached Files:

2. AstroHoundStudios

AstroHoundStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Oh my, this is a new one! We will check that bug out. Thanks for reporting!

ColeDaddy likes this.
  3. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Is Crystalia the last world? I still need to look for the last three pets and I'm wondering if they can be found in the current slate of worlds or when another one opens up? Also, I have all the toppings and the only achievements left are the ones with the pizza iconography.

4. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Crystalia is our latest world, but our upcoming Halloween update is coming soon which introduces a new world. Stay tuned—it's coming soon! Plus, we're thinking about adding pet locations to the select screen and working on a Wiki.

Anotherkellydown and ColeDaddy like this.
  5. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #45 ColeDaddy, Sep 5, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2023
    It'd be great to have a map allowing players to see where they are for better tracking. There’ve been occasions where I’d circle back to a locale I finished. Thanks for considering…

elcrazy and AstroHoundStudios like this.
  6. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I still can’t beat the second area lol. 20 mins in all these games is too much. But in this one I don’t feel strong enough. Still haven’t figured out any recipes. :(
    Wish there was stronger growth between rounds. I’m not feeling any stronger and don’t see myself getting to the portal anytime soon. Losing interest unfortunately.

7. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I’ve found that any combo of recipes worked fine as long as you keep in mind their functionality. A favorite of mine to start with is the mushroom because one shot can take out several enemies from a distance requiring minimal avoidance moves. As you collect more gems, you add to your repertoire. I then try to add ingredients to address nearby enemies like the arugula slap or provolone. Maybe others have a different strategy, but after some experimentation, this is my initial build out.

elcrazy likes this.
  8. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    On some levels, the dog advised me to find his friends by following the brick paths to their cages. There've been several occasions where none of the paths led to a caged friend. Please have the dog's plea disabled if there are no pets available to be rescued on that level. Players are led on a useless, wild goose chase.

9. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Hey, good call! This only happens on the first world (after the tutorial), but worth updating.

Side note, we have updated to Version 0.3.3, which adds a new mechanic:
    - Idle Charge Meter: Now, by simply staying still for a set period, you can earn rewards. Keep an eye on the small circle next to the health meter – when it's full, you'll automatically collect all the XP gems on the screen. This is something we are also planning to expand with different power ups.

[​IMG]

We've also introduced the option to include a dedicated dash button, giving you the flexibility to relocate it according to your preferences. In case you missed it earlier, here it is in action:

[​IMG]

The next major update will add more content. Thanks for playing!

10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017

What’s going on in the first pic? How do you have two bottles around you?

Also you mentioned streamlining or updating the in app. What was going to be changed? Was waiting to see. Also what’s the new add button on top of the play button do? And if you buy no adds is that still there? Thank you in advance for your time.

El

11. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Hello! The "remove ad" button currently eliminates the occasional skippable ads that appear upon game over. However, we're planning to remove these ads entirely. Additionally, there's a new "bonus" button on the World Select screen that boosts your XP and coin earnings by 20% in the next round.

As we're planning to completely eliminate interstitial ads, players will be able to enjoy an ad-free game experience, as we will only be featuring reward ads moving forward. This update will come next week.

12. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Yikes. I think you are just relying too much on adds at this point. Paying for no adds usually means just that… no adds. Your no adds should incorporate the adds that give bonuses. You just get the bonus. Having to watch videos to get extra bonuses defeats the purpose of having a game with no adds imo.
    Wishing you the best of luck. For me it’s becoming too much of a freemium game. Hoping for a more premium experience down the line. All the best.

13. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Appreciate that. Our goal is to deliver a premium experience, and we're actively working on it, albeit still in the early stages of development. We value your feedback, and thank you for it.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I agree, I’m not 100% sure I’m understanding correctly but if I were to buy no ads I would imagine it would make the game a premium experience with no ads at all including reward ads.

Games I’ve played that have reward ads and others and let you purchase to remove them usually remove all ads. The ad reward buttons remain but you press it and instantly get the reward instead of watching an advert.

Personally I would increase your remove ads price and include removal of all ads including reward ads. Also give one free revive per run with the ad removal purchase. Charge £3.99 or £4.99 usually companies charge a ridiculous amount for ad removal but that just makes me stop playing because I’m not willing to pay it and I don’t want to watch adverts. Yours is extremely cheap though.

houseofg and elcrazy like this.
  15. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Hello! We've just rolled out a new update to Pizza Hero (version 0.3.6). While we understand that many players are eager for more content, we've been hard at work on the Halloween event and decided to release one more update based on user feedback.

In this latest update, we've introduced a dedicated "Remove All Ads" button, ensuring a truly ad-free premium experience. This feature not only lists all the benefits but also eliminates all ad occurrences and instantly applies the associated benefits.

[​IMG]

For users who have previously purchased the "Remove Ads" in-app purchase (with the expectation that it would eliminate all ads), I'm thrilled to announce that this will now be applied when you upgrade to version 0.3.6!

Additionally, this update will seamlessly remove and apply all bonuses for any new in-app purchases we introduce in the future. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we continue to fine-tune the game's features and functionality. Thank you for your ongoing support!

Boardumb, ste86uk, BENCOMO and 3 others like this.
  16. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Good on this! Since a lot of people have been asking for it. Love the art too, reminds me of the Illuminati card game somehow. This is great

AstroHoundStudios likes this.
  17. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017

Even though I haven’t been playing anymore I went and bought the in app to support. Thanks for listening. Just got too hard for me lol. I can’t get past 12-15 mins on second world. At some point I’ll get back to it. Thanks again for the update. This is how premium should be. I do wish you the best of luck with it.
    I did never figure out a recipe lol. Do you need to upgrade all ingredients to 8 for the recipe to unlock?

18. BENCOMO

BENCOMO Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 29, 2018

Excellent news! I can finally play with no ads!

19. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Just paid for the new iap. Looking forward to more levels and a helpful map

20. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Appreciate that! Regarding the recipes, those can be found in golden tomato cans (after you kill a boss). The top left button shows the recipes you have unlocked. If you tap one, it appears on the Level Up screen (so you can easily track the ingredients). The recipes could also be made organically.