Universal Pizza Hero (by Astro Hound Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Anotherkellydown, Aug 22, 2023.

1. AstroHoundStudios

AstroHoundStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Hey, we'll into that pineapple achievement bug. We are also looking to an option for a dedicated dash button that replaces the flick to dash. Thanks for playing!

Lull4by likes this.
  2. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    I have Pineapple achievement so it works for some. Dedicated dash button option would be great. The swipe can be hard to do or it’s not always reading it.

AstroHoundStudios likes this.
  3. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    It is not just pineapple, others can happen as well.

Good to know about the dash button, thanks!

I found a new thing that can improve the game, how about give an option that can show every unit’s outline color, like pet is green, enemy is red, something like that, since the game can be messy sometimes.

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

5. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Huge appreciation to Touch Arcade for naming "Pizza Hero" as the Game of the Week and for the fantastic review. Thank you immensely!

6. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I second the request for some visual clarity….I have a hard time discriminating amongst all the elements with the POV zoomed out so far. One thing that would help me personally is to minimize the graphic of the experience diamonds being pulled into the pizza. It’s too bold and feels like an enemy or bullet heading into you. Most of my damage comes from “dodging” out of the way of incoming experience right into something else.

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The remove ads update is out... Time to try this gem :)

8. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    I see the new in apps for adds! But I am assuming you will need the other in app if you want to revive without an add? Are both the revive in app and the dice in app permanent? Thanks in advance for your time.

I hope you keep this game going. So much you could add. New toppings. New pizza like desert pizzas. Tmnt pizza anyone lol. Maybe some power ups. I mean I am nowhere near done but still wanting more lol.

9. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I would say something like skill tree would make the game even better, and I just purchased the iAp to support the developer.

elcrazy likes this.
  10. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    Agreed skill tree. More recipes. Maybe some smaller ones. I love how many weapons you can merge in VS. Gives it so much more replay value.

11. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    A few observations/suggestions.

1. I purchased the "no ads" IAP after the update. Then, during a game, it showed me a bottom banner ad WHILE I was playing! Previous to the update, I had never seen a bottom banner ad, only 5ish second full screen ads after ending a run.

2. Is there some indication that a recipe is "working?" You can definitely tell in VS! Do all the ingredients need to be leveled to 8?

3. I agree about somehow lowering the visual impact of the gems headed your way. When it's chaotic, I frequently find myself dodging gems, my meteors, etc.

4. The pets are quite similar to each other, practically speaking, right? Am I missing some big difference? I'm trying to free them all of course, but not because I think they'll really do much for me.

5. Definitely needs another land or three for replay value. Similarly, the 20 min. survival time is quite long. I'd love a shorter mode or two.

Fun game. If you like VS and Survivor.io, you'll like this one!

elcrazy likes this.
  12. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    Same thing here, bought the no ads iap and now have permanent bottom banners like I turned them on instead, that's not by design I hope

13. elcrazy

Sep 19, 2017
    The in apps weren’t what I was expecting. The biggest ad issue is the revive one. I figured that was going to be the no adds. So you need to bug at least those two in apps. Then if you want to reroll you will need the third in app. Surprised it wasn’t all one big no adds in app. I was going to get all three right away but I will wait and see if there is a fix for this current issue.
    Again I love this game. It’s a lot of fun. But the replay value and longevity isn’t the same as a VS. Not that could be because I have spent so much time with VS and it’s clones since they arrived on the iPhone. Or simply because there is a lot less content and ideas than VS has. You start to notice this the more you play. Still fun just doesn’t have the same I gotta go again. I strongly agree with the 20 min game. I find myself only wanting to play the first level with 10 mins. Also wish the pets had some larger differences like another post mentioned. Don’t get me wrong still fun but needs more to make it long lasting.

14. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Hello! Appreciate the feedback! Here are our notes:

1. Please update to version 0.3.2. For some reason the banner ads started displaying (although we had them turned off). We fixed this in the latest version.

2. There is a sound is currently in place, but we are considering the implementation of a visual indicator when the recipe is activated.

3. We like the idea of minimizing the gem animations

4. The pets are have a few different characteristics, but these are fairly basic at the moment (speed, magnet, and range). We are planning a companion update that adds a bunch of new pets, and maybe some with unique abilities.

5. We are exploring this as well!

Thank you so much for playing!

elcrazy likes this.
  15. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Apologies! This is resolved in the latest version 0.3.2 Please update

16. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    We greatly appreciate your engagement with the game! We're actively working on enhancing the "Remove ads" option to provide players with a clearer understanding of its benefits. It's worth noting that this version of the game is just the beginning, and we have an exciting lineup of updates on the horizon. Our intention is to establish a strong feedback loop with players like you, allowing us to fine-tune the game based on your valuable input. Your feedback is immensely valuable to us – thank you for being part of this journey!

elcrazy likes this.
  17. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    Hey, we are looking into updating the unlock events so they properly save when you exit the portal. Should be fixed soon!

Concerning the dash, we have already added a dedicated dash button option, and a dash sensitivity slider. This will be in the next update! Here is a sneak peek:
    [​IMG]

Anotherkellydown and Lull4by like this.
  18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    At first I didn't give this a fair shake since I'm tired of Vampire Survivor type games. However, when I saw that it was anointed GOTW, I gave it a shot. Now, this is my go-to 10-20 minute entertaining distraction. Great job, AstroHound Studios!

19. AstroHoundStudios

Apr 29, 2018
    We've taken dash customization to the next level by granting players the ability to reposition the dash button as they prefer. Additionally, we've revamped the pause screen to seamlessly integrate this feature. Look out for these enhancements in our upcoming update!

[​IMG]

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  20. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    You're crushing it ASTROHOUND, this is a great game and you and your teams willingness to come on here and update us on what's going on is always the way to go. Transparency will always get you my download if it's in my genre of games!!