iPad Pizza Boy

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Sep 7, 2010.

1. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    If your looking for Mario style platforms you might also want to check out "super world adventures". It's basically a copy paste of Mario but it's actually a solid platform game.;)

2. gtcharlie

gtcharlie Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    I thought some of the previous levels were challenging but 3-3 is ridiculously hard. This is going to take some time. Any word on more levels being added to this game?

3. klb.

klb. Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    After finishing the excellent Mos Speedrun I got the bug for some more platforming. So I went back to this game and it had apparently got an update since realase to. So now I've finished all 20 levels with P-I-Z-Z-A. Really really good game. Anyone know if Acne Play has any intention to update it more, or does anyone know what, if anything, they're working on now? More levels and gamecenter (aswell as removall of facebook, twitter and there own leaderboards) to this game would be nice.

On a sidenote, I've now 100%-ed League of Evil, Pizza Boy and Mos Speedrun (/brag). Is there any other good skillfull and well-designed platformers I've missed? Actually kinda suprising that games like this that require that much precision works this good virtual controls.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The Hook Champ series? They'll take you a while to 100%.

5. klb.

klb. Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Yup, got them and really like them too, haven't 100%-ed though and haven't played them in a while, should probably start them up and see if I still get hooked.

6. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    My favorites: Giana Sisters, Castle Fantasy, and Frogatto (but you've probably played those if you're a fan of the genre). Also heard FANTASTIC things about Robot Wants Kitty by Raptisoft, which is apparently a Puzzle/Platformer. If you're looking for a hardcore retro fix, Dark Void Zero will take you there.

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, Robot Wants Kitty is a GREAT one... I'd bring up my favorites but no one else seems to like them... =oP

8. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #108 foxmulderino, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    u and klb have mentioned the best titles for the platformer genre...I can add Babylonian twins, Castle of Magic (the controls are not so good here), Lars, Bounce 1 and 2, Undead Ocean (on sale right now!), hi, how are you (love it) and Miss Claire Garden.
    Hmm...I'm sure I forgot some other games...well, klb, begin with these ones!

Edit: PM me for other quality titles!

9. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Hey, *I* wanna hear 'em! 8D

10. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Actually Fox mentioned a couple of them...

Miss Claire Garden
    Babylon Twins
    Lars
    Astroboy Tap Tap Rush
    Soosiz
    Grokion
    Phoenix Spirit (more of a flying metroidvania game...)
    Blade of Betrayal
    Ready Action
    MaXplosion
    Undead Ocean

And Elemental Rage is going to be released VERY soon. It's another Meteoidvania game... I go to beta test it... They gave us each a little demo, took me about 2 hours to get through 3 missions... It'll be kinda pricy, but will be totally worth it!

11. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    #111 foxmulderino, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
    I see in this list other great titles, but I have to mention the toy bot diaries compilation and spy bot chronicles.

To syntheticvoid: I've never heard about Blade of Betrayal and Astroboy Tap Tap Rush...for the moment, my wallet let me buy only one of them: what u prefer in terms of longevity and gameplay? Thank you!

EDIT: My eyes have stopped themselves on your signature. No need to answer anymore eheh

12. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Keep this thread on topic.

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah you guys... Damn...

=oP

Pizza boy pizza boy pizza boy!!!!

14. klb.

klb. Active Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Alright, thx guys, I'll look into it!

Yeah, backo on topic I guess. More levels to pizza boy plz.

15. theidle86

theidle86 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    A very nice old school style game :)

16. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Keys and Cats

Is there any way to tell after completing a level whether or not you've collected the keys / cats for that level? I can see it shows PIZZA, but it's going to be frustrating looking for 'that key I missed' if I can't even tell which level was the one I missed it on...

Please say there's a way. Pretty please....

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I love this game!! This is now one of my favorite iOS platformers, definitely the best Mario-like available on the App Store.

I'm really diggin the soundtrack, is there any way to download it somehwere?

18. taylorbarclay

taylorbarclay Active Member

Aug 25, 2011
    I still wish this game got a bit more love.

Some Retina display and some Game Center achievements and I would love it. Maybe some checkpoints too, but I like the difficulty as well. Two difficulty modes?

19. FL!ppY

FL!ppY Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    http://soundcloud.com/andreaslof/sets/pizza-boy-music

**Cough cough** ...audacity... **Cough cough**

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010