GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. cranker

cranker Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Montreal

I would like to see this as well. It also might make it easier to play on the ipad which is all I use for gaming now.

2. Paralex

Paralex Member

Jun 18, 2010
    I ADORE this game~!

I also have the title theme stuck in my head! Boop boop boop boooboop

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Strange, I never missed one single tap.
    I'm for keeping the button graphics the same size, just enlarge their working area, perhaps. But I really don't have any problems.

4. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    The same here mate, it's totally fine from where I'm sitting.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Due to your suggestion Sammy I finally picked this up. Too many games to play through right now though so I've only had a few minutes to play around with it so far.

6. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Good man Dru! Let me know how you like when you spend more time with it.

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Finally broke 1 million on the 5 minute mode. Excellent sense of satisfaction.

I had one more suggestion/request. It would be great to have the option to disable the music but keep the sound effects. I really like the music, but I see myself playing this enough that it'll eventually grow tiresome. For some reason, I have this issue with every game no matter how great the music may be.

Thanks again for making such a great game.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I agree, I think the option to adjust the volume of both music and sound effects should be present in each and every App Store game.

9. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Fun, addicting game. Love the art.

The button size is fine, but the touch area needs to be bigger for each.

Updates with achievements and skins and bad guys or power ups will be gold!

10. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    Also, for the endless mode, I would love to see a ticker counting up just so you know how far into it you are. That would be awesome.

And also, how about challenges where you send someone a challenge and they have one chance to best your score on the same exact randomness you got!

11. JohnnyB1981

JohnnyB1981 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    So you guys are all saying that the touch size of the buttons and the graphics are the exact same at the moment? I didn't realize I was getting into a whole 'graphical size vs. touch area' thing... but I do end up jumping an awful lot when trying to shoot. I have no idea about the graphical size or the touch (i.e. which one my problem is), I just know that if I want to try to get long streaks, I can't rely on just naturally pressing the buttons, as they're just farther apart than my thumb is used to from the other 70-something games on my iPhone (and from my old NES years ago of course).

I've actually slacked off playing this one, since it's all about perfection, and I can't be perfect unless I'm not concentrating on aiming for the fire button. Too many late-game deaths when I think I'm about to shoot but I jump instead. I guess maybe my hands are too small? lol

12. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Very addicting, but crashes at start up (occasionally). Great game Bulkypix!v:D

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I think it's a possibility :)

Front page review

14. JohnnyB1981

Jun 12, 2010
    After writing this, I picked up the game to try again... and played for 4 hours. So.. while I still think I'd like the buttons a tiny tiny fraction closer together, I'll totally stop talking about it now, since getting myself up to 16th on the 5min mode leaderboards. I can almost smell 2 million...

15. unbrokenchain33

Feb 22, 2010
    I cant even get 1 million. Any tips??

16. JohnnyB1981

Jun 12, 2010
    Well for me, it's hard to say... just came with time for me. But it's all about getting as many levels "perfect" as you can. But, if you're in a situation where you'll most likely hurt yourself if you go for a stray +, it's best to leave it and keep your combo up. This might be obvioius, I don't know.

And as random as the game is, it's also about getting to know as many levels as you can so you can really "rush" to the end... sometimes you just barely have enough time to shoot those last few bats and get that last +, even going full speed.

And one other thing it took me a while to figure out was the "recovery" jump, or whatever you want to call it. At first, I kept thinking I was randomly double-jumping, until I realized that you can only jump in mid-air if you fall, not if you jump first. You need to get good at this for those fast-moving run n' jump side-scrolling levels with the disappearing platforms, but it also comes in real handy in lots of other levels.

Maybe you know all of this already, but it's all I can think of personally. I found myself getting exponentially better at the game today, after playing a few hours every day since it was released . Basically, just remember that every level, no matter how random it may seem, has a perfect path or strategy so that you can get every last + sign and kill every last bad guy.

17. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    #157 Acidbottle, Jun 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
    im sure its been mentioned on some page or another here, but this game apparently is 3GS only.

doesnt mention this anywhere in the appstore description and therefore folk have been able to purchase and then not play. bad show if thats true, tho id have thought this would be mentioned on the front page article to!

edit: nm dev replied on page 7 confirming this. should say so in appstore description. for that reason alone im not trusting this developer, bit shady.

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

ok, so i cracked and bought this. hope it'll be worth it! love retro.

19. antosimoni

antosimoni Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    is it possible to listen to your iPod music whille playing ??

20. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i'm slightly disappointed, but hey, this was my first go.