GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. JohnnyB1981

JohnnyB1981 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I dunno, maybe elitist was the wrong word. I know it was meant as a joke of some sort, just came off in very bad taste imo. Reminded me of something a 12-year old would write. And more than anything, it just didn't make sense to me. I can understand achievements for screwing up in different ways, but I felt like it would have made just as much sense to say "Paused in the middle of the game. Loser!".

And it's not reading into things too much, it's just a feeling that I got immediately when I saw that achievement, and then moreso when I read the description of the achievement. This is my opinion, I can't help it.

2. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Fair enough mate, I get you and that is cool.

On the flip side, I saw the achievement and laughed cause I knew I had cocked up in the game.

3. JohnnyB1981

JohnnyB1981 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Yeah, I honestly think I would have done the same if I'd actually screwed up, instead of pressing restart because my girlfriend had called, and I preferred to start the first level from scratch.

Anyway, enough of all that. I'll still say this is an awesome game. Someone used the word 'compelling', and it's certainly that.

The character's movements bring me back to the first time I ever played Bubble Bobble, almost 20 years ago now... man, I'm getting old :p

4. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Hahaha! I'm feeling older every day myself man. I've gotta say I've just tried Infinite Mode and the backgrounds are stunning. I was stunned when I saw the one with what looks like Mt Fuji in the background. I'm not sure that it is, but I'm sure you'll know which one I mean!

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The level progression is RANDOM in Infinite, right? Can I access that right off or do I have to get to a certain point in Level play to access it?

6. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    You've got to finish 5 Minute Mode first buddy. As I said last time, levels are random... But you will always see a section you remember. Put it this way, there are many scenes, but they do repeat. One playthrough of Infinite will rarely be the same as the last.

7. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Another Bulkypix buy for me :)

8. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Thank you all, first sales are really great, it's definitely encouraging us to add more fun stuff on the game.
    Please continue to buy it, it will definitely help us adding new content.
    Talking about that please give us your ideas to enhance the game.

9. sammysin

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Keep the backgrounds coming my friend! They make me a happy man. :D

10. Baalim

Baalim Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    While the game is great (not surprisingly), i wonder why pastagames didn't choose to remake the xbox 360 indie game which was, in my humble opinion, far better.

five minutes jump & run games are good enough but a good old platformer is even better.

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

I love how, beyond the simple retro graphics, it is the ultimate short attention span platformer. Just when you're getting the hang of one screen, BLAM, you're warped to another one! :D

12. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    Jailbroken iPod Touch 2G here.
    I can't start the game. It goes to the logo, starts some music, then crashes out. I've rebooted my iPod, same problem.

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    this game is awesome, bought it this morning.
    reminds me of the tamogotchi screen.

14. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    The problem on some iPods and iPhone 3G has been patched (we are re-testing it seriously before re-submitting). Sorry about that.

Another question was "why not just port the XBLIG version", and the answer is "because it was meant to be played with a real Pad, and a virtual pad will never compare to a real one". We used 6 buttons for 03-Pixel! and this is far too much for "arcade compliant" responsiveness on a virtual pad.

Besides, most of the time, game sessions on telephones are quite short, and stopping/restarting right in the middle of a long/difficult platform level is very frustrating. We wanted to avoid that.

15. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    New version (1.1) tested on iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod 2G, and even iOS4.0 successfully.
    Resubmitted one hour ago.

16. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Just to let everybody know, the bug fixed on 3G and Ipod touch 2g Fabien just spoke about is now submitted to Apple. We now pray it will be fast to validate :)

17. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I´ve been waiting for that post :)
    Hope Apple doesn´t take ages to approve.

18. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    It depends, at the moment they have a lot of work to release the iOS4 for everybody, so it means they have a lot of tests to do to be sure all games are ok on the new OS.

We are really curious on what will be the best score on the unlimited mod, but also on who will first have all the achievments unlocked!

19. Vincenzo78140

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Do you think TA can talk about Pix'N Love Rush on his homepage ? I am sure they will be totally addicted to this one, isn't it ?

20. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Of course yes ! And also the icons is nearly the same !!!!

I hope you the success this game should know ! ;)

And expect future updates to keep us tuned on this little sweet game !