GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    7 skins? I see 4...great game though

2. exalep

exalep Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    you could probably say that about any other pick up and play game...doodle jump, scoops, etc.

3. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Regarding the OF bug in fact it's not a bug after checking with the game designer, if you want to see your name on the ranking you need to have more than 1M points, it's a real hall of fame.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    In endless mode you are starting with the first from the 5-min mode plus 3 new AWESOME skins... really awesome.

5. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Or Mario... with bigger levels ;)

6. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    There are people with far less than a million points on the leaderboard, though. And it's an awful design decision anyway - it's about competition, not glory.

7. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Was about to say the same thing i cant get on the leaderboard and i have scored over a million points and the person in 25th only has 71150 so that was a bit of a cop out answer by the designer why not just say there is a problem and fix it sorry that has just annoyed me and i am not normally like that

8. JohnnyB1981

JohnnyB1981 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I love the look and feel of this game, but the controls themselves are very, very tiny, and the shoot button seems to be a unusual distance from the jump button. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I was a bit disappointed that I was 'noticing' the controls for a lot of the time I spent playing.

Also, Loser achievement for hitting retry during the first level.. that's the only time i'll ever hit retry, since it's the beginning of a possibly 'perfect' streak. Since seeing that, I've been starting to get the feeling that this game is made for (and possibly by?) elitists.

Still, I like the game.

9. ThatRevChap

ThatRevChap Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2009
    I'm certainly getting a bit of a smug elitist vibe from the game, which is a shame as it's otherwise absolutely lovely.

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I haven't had it long, but so far I'm really liking this game. Great style and gameplay.

After reading about the "loser" achievement, I tried it. I'm not sure why that little joke makes the developers elitists. May or may not be funny, but I think that's all they were trying to be. There's other silly achievements like shooting yourself 5 (or whatever the number is) times in one level.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Agreed. Also, am I just not seeing OpenFeint access in the menu, or can you only check OF at start-up? And screen flip would be great.

Thanks in advance for any info re: OF.

12. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Pastagames says hello :)

Hi there, my name is Fabien from Pastagames. I programmed Pix'n Love Rush and the story about the "one million to enter the leaderboard" might be a very bad decision, but it is not an excuse at all :)

We had in mind that, in the old days, entering the "Hall of Fame" (usually the Midway games used to have one, like Joust, Robotron and Defender) was a real challenge. We loved the difference between the "Best Score of the Day", and the "Hall of Fame". That was the idea about the OpenFeint thing. But it very easy to change, and I will certainly do that for the next update if you think this sounds elitist.

We certainly don't mean to be elitist about our little game. We imagined many stupid achievements (noticed "Morning Glory", "Afternoon delight" ^^) and "Looser" was just one of them :D

We have imagined the Combo system precisely just to make it easier to master by everybody (when you make a mistake, you don't lose all the benefit of your streak), and make it almost useless to restart as soon as you make a mistake.

Sorry again for the 3G bug, we have tested our game for hours on iPhone 2G, iPhone 3GS, iPod 1G and 2G, and iPad... but we didn't have a 3G at hand. I have patched it today, we will test it tonight and tomorrow in the morning, and re-submit right-away.

P.S. OpenFeint can be accessed from the "HighScore" page, in the bottom-right corner.

13. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Wasnt the fact that only if you get 1 million points to get on the leaderboard that is fine by me the point is i have scored over 1 million and it has not registered and the person on the leaderboard in 25th has only scored 71550 so how is that then if you can only get on with over 1 million so in my eyes that constitutes a problem

14. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply, delpiano. Figured I just wasn't looking hard enough.

15. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    The 25th score (766500) is probably an old score made during the test period.
    But you're right, if you have a score above 1 million in your local highscore table and you cannot see it in OpenFeint, then this is a bug. I will test that tonight. Thanks for the feedback.

16. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, I was also searching for a looooong time, even re-installed the game,
    because I didn't see it. Perhaps you could make the OF thingy more visible, bigger etc.

BUT: Congrats again. One of the greatest little games out there.

17. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Elitist? Seriously, stop reading into things so much and enjoy the game.

18. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    I have a big problem.

When stationary, try and jump in a direction and there is a slight pause (as in before you jump). To get around this pause, you need to be moving or jumping then jump or move respectfully. If this can be fixed it would make surviving a tad easier.

Also in Infinite mode getting a life back every bit or being able to go to timed backgrounds would be cool.

19. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Just cracked 2 million in Endless. I can't explain it but I find this game absurdly compelling for such a simple collection of mechanics.

20. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Is that good? I've got 2 Mil in 5 Minute Mode?

P.S - I haven't tried Endless yet.