GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    I just bought this game, I have to say I enjoyed it for a while.

I'm not sure if it has any longevity though!

2. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    bought it, can't beat 5 minutes yet but the game call me to try one and many more times :)

3. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I still keep hoping they will update it with an option to flip the screen. But...I'm not holding my breath anymore.

4. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Really? I played for quite a while before even unlocking the next mode. Even afterwards, I've continued to play. I'm not even an achievement hound, but I find their achievements fun and challenging to pursue. In fact, I find it fun to play, just to better my skill.

5. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    #325 spyky, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
    Yeah as in I'm not usually one to go back and replay games, but I guess this "5 minute mode" should be treated like a "bejeweled round" rather than a "megaman round" since it's more about high scores... Yes I still fire it up occasionally once a while so I guess it has been with me for long enough :)

I'm not particularly interested in the infinity mode though...

EDIT: After a few weeks, I have to say this is my favorite "short" platformer ever :)

6. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

I just wanted to pop in here and say how much I love this game. I have only had an iPhone for just over one week but I knew this was one of the first things I would download after playing the developer's previous title on Xbox Live Indie Games. While I'm not the biggest fan of touch-screen d-pad controls, it doesn't (completely) hinder how awesome the game is.

I'm still excited for any future updates (or perhaps a future entry from Pix 'n Love/BulkyPix/PastaGames). I would love proper support for the iPhone 4 screen. The beautiful pixel aesthetic is horrendously damaged by the blurry bi-linear filtering iOS 4 applies to any apps running in 320x480. Personally, I'd like to see Apple let us turn the filtering on or off as a setting in a future iOS update as I have many games with great pixel art that look brutal this way, but I think that's pretty doubtful.

Anyway, I had a REALLY LARGE post written up about a bug where things don't save internally in the game (achievements and local high score boards), this relates to anybody that may have every achievement in Game Center except for the last two (which entail getting all of the other visible and all secret achievements). My browser ate the reply.. so I'll just keep this post short unless anybody is still stuck like that and would like some help getting past it.

My High Score: 2,826,000.

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I felt exactly the same way after my first few weeks with the iphone. Now a year later I almost don't even think about the touch controls in most games. Its basically starting to feel completely natural to me and is really a non-issue most of the time...

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    What's New in Version 2.0

9. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    The new mode is a classic endless runner that's really kinda hard! Aww no achievements in the new mode though!

Menu suggests new mode in the future! Exciting!

10. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Fantastic update ... thanks Bulkypix !!! :)

11. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    seriously underrated game that every retro fan needs. love this game and love the update. keep 'em coming!

12. StaTich

StaTich Active Member

Nov 5, 2010
    I considered this game as abandoned, and now I was pleasently surprised to find they didn't forget about updates. It's cool when developers still care for their fan base.

13. PixyJunket

Hey, it looks like the new mode is from the upcoming PSP version.

The much requested screen-rotation feature has been included.

There are spots for two "coming soon" game modes.

No new achievements, sadly.

I didn't have time this morning to check if any improvements were made to the controls for the main game.

14. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    I absolutley *love* this game. I love it to little tiny pixelly bits! :D

QS :D

15. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    The new mode isn't actually an endless runner because you beat the new levels when you reach 100% on the progress meter.

I love how the difficulty levels go from "hard" to "hardcorest"! Loving the new update, and it's really reminding me how this is one of the best platformers on iOS. Can't wait for the new updates!

16. vigilante

vigilante Member

May 12, 2010
    Looks like they also added the option to move the controls. Sweet! I always thought the jump and shoot buttons were a little too close together.

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow I was suprised to see an update for pix n love today. It's already one of my fav games for gameplay and graphical style anyway but the update has made it even better. The endless runner style mode fits in so well. Congratulations on making a great game even better.

18. PixyJunket

Wow, this is a MASSIVE update. The updated controls should be a godsend. Also, I played a small bit just now and I don't know.. it seems like they updated the graphics for retina? It looks sharper and it seems to run at a smoother framerate too. At least, from what I can recall.

I also think the icon was updated. It looks just slightly different from what I'm used to but it's just close enough to make me not sure.. would be nice if anybody else can double check before updating if possible.

My favorite iPhone game just got better. A LOT better.

19. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    this game is great, thanks for the update.

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    This is definitely an update that was much needed as far as the flip orientation/controls. The graphics do feel a little crisper but I also hadn't played it in a couple weeks so I can't confirm. The new mode is just icing on the cake!

The icon has been updated. Previously it wasn't winking.