GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Maybe it's just you Random_Guy, cause as far as I remember almost every site it's been reviewed on gave it top marks. Never mind.

2. Szei

Szei Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Pianist
    For some reason I can't receive the last two achievements.

1. Unlock all non-hidden achievements.
    2. Unlock ALL achievements, hidden included.

I have 20/22 achievements so I should get these last two... is this a known error? Is the reason I can't get "1." because I haven't obtained "2." , which is a non-hidden achievement and I can't get "2." because I haven't gotten "1."? That would be pretty funny.

Also, I noticed that the main criticism of your game (the game is as near to perfect as one can be in my eyes, but opinions differ I guess) is the location of the jump and shoot buttons. I never have any problems with them and think that they are placed well. That being said, if you do aim to satisfy those who believe the current position is faulty, can you keep the default positioning as it is presently and just let people configure it to their liking if they so desire to move the buttons? I don't fancy having to readjust to new controls.

Thanks again for this great game. Looking forward to any updates that await us, though I honestly don't mind if this game never gets updated.

I haven't been playing games for that long (around 10 years or so, so none of the retro games) and have never been much of a fan of platformers (though I have enjoyed a few). This, however, is my favorite game by far on the iphone due to the slick graphical design, quick game times, satisfying feel of perfect runs (which makes the score-driven gameplay fun), and catchy music.

On a side note: I absolutely love your website. appspy.com is always my first go-to website when it comes to app reviews. I actually found this game on your site.

3. Nesvand

Nesvand Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Review Editor
    Australia
    Cheers!

Yeah it's great when you can nail a few perfect runs, though trying to manage it for 5 minutes can be difficult for me (as you'd know from the review I'm one of those that has troubles with the button positions) ;) Still, good to know others love the game and it's not just those of us who were subjected to games like The Terminator on the NES ><

4. Ino

Ino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    This is the first Ipod/Iphone game where I got all the achievements - it really shows how much I played it!

Are we going to get new skins/levels/achievements? The game says so, but seeing that Maestro has been left untouched (when it very much needed a good patch), I wonder if the same will happen with Rush..

5. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Pix'n Love Rush will have updates for sure, reading all your reviews and comments is the greatest pleasure we could imagine and the best motivation of all ^^ At the end of the production, it was heart breaking not to finish all the things we had in mind (and had even half-developed) for budget reasons.

We could not afford to update Maestro! as it is an expensive game, and it did not sell well. Pix'n Love Rush is more affordable, and it sells decently, updates will come, you can bet!

We are working these days on another game (for iPhone, iPad and more mobile platforms), and plan to take a pause in its development in july or so. We will invest some energy on a reasonable update for august, and beginning of september we will work on a real add-on (can't wait!).

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions and recommendations in this thread, its a real gold mine for us!

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Best game ever

7. Ino

Ino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I can't wait to see what you'll make! It's a pity to hear that Maestro has been unlucky even in its Iphone outing :( At least I know I did my part buying the superb DS version.

Another small suggestion: maybe you could make more songs too. The ones in the game are very good but gets repetitive after a while (especially the Hungarian Dance remix).

8. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Delpiano, any chance you'd make a platform game for iPhone/Touch? Like the Xbox Arcade game? I'd love to see more of this World/Characters.

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Will one of these updates include an option to flip the screen? I'm waiting on that before I get this game, and I still haven't seen any devs address the request, although it has been brought up time and again in this thread...

10. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

Yep , i agree ... this is one of the best games for iPhone!:D I love it!!!

11. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Yes, definitely, by popular demand, flip screen will be included in the next update of Pix'n Love Rush ;)

One word about a recurring question about sound/fx start/stop buttons:
    In the current version of the game (1.1), if you launch your iPod music (e.f. a playlist) before launching Pix'n Love Rush, it will replace the original soundtrack of the game and keep the original FX.
    If you push the music on/off toggle on the home screen of the game, it will stop/start the music (either the iPod of the original soundtrack) and keep the SFX.
    If you want no sound at all you just mute your iPod/iPhone.
    Is there any need for anything else in the next update ?

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Excellent news, thanks for that...and so now I'm off to buy the game...

13. Vincenzo78140

Vincenzo78140 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Bulkypix COO
    Vélizy-Villacoublay
    Thank you all we are really happy to see so many warms feedbacks. As Delpiano said we are definitely planning to add great new things on the game in the future.
    What can be interesting for us is what can be your perfect console skin to add in the game ?

14. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Having 16 bit graphics (SNES) and as a laugh on one level 2.5D graphics (see New Super MArio Bros) it would be cool. Maybe an unlockable when you pass a certain time on infinite mode, and only if you get a ridiculous combo?

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I vote for a crappy old CRT screen option, like ZSNES's filter, seen here:

[​IMG]

Obviously you can't see it on a still image, but on the emulator it's got a really authentic slight flicker to the image. Looks like crap obviously, but nostalgic as hell!

16. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    hi, i've just started playing this game and would like to know how to get those locked levels/game modes at the home screen

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Playing the Tutorial will unlock the 5 Minute mode, then if you survive the one whole 5 Minute mode outing it will unlock Infinite Mode. Just don't completely die during 5 Minute mode and you'll get Infinite no problem.

18. Szei

Szei Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Pianist

Can anyone shed some light on my problem? It's not a big deal for me personally but if it is a bug I thought I should bring it to the attention of the devs. (if you already saw my post but just didn't respond then just ignore this).

19. IzzyNobre

IzzyNobre Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    #299 IzzyNobre, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
    Where can I find a list of achievements?

And if I refused to login to OpenFeint the first time booting the game up, how can I log in now?

Edit: nevermind, killed two birds with one stone :D

20. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    It already does that for the 2x multiplier in infinite mode. The one with the castle background.