GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    I love this game sooo much. I hope the developers continue to update it with more awesomeness! :D

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I've heard that this game has crashing problems on older devices. For those who have an iPhone 3G, how does this game run?

3. Ino

Ino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I've got a Ipod 2g (8giga) and it runs perfectly, never crashed once.

4. Animefanjr

Animefanjr Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    I got the game and am loving it so far. I been playing 5 min mode and die before time runs out. I thought you played untill time ranout but I die. I realize now you can die but where are the hit points. There is no mention of this in the tutorial and seems random.

Thanks a lot guys, great game.

5. Whosatm

Whosatm Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    It took me a few games to find it. The hitpoints are the outline of the heart in the left corner. Each time you die you lose a pixel. When you are out of pixels, gameover.

6. Animefanjr

Animefanjr Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Thanks, bahgett. Can't wait to play again.

BTW I am animefanjr in plus+ you are on my list and in Werule.

Thanks for the help!

7. Entropic

Entropic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Once in a while, the game wigs out and Pixel ends up somewhere off the screen, and takes damage until I die. It doesn't happen in every game, but it happens often enough to be really annoying. It sucks to have a nearly perfect game with a minute to go and have the game bug out.

8. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Thanks. Going to pick it up now.

9. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Whoa... Five minute mode is way too hard.

10. Drakdaddy

Drakdaddy Member

Jun 30, 2010
    The only hard part for me was the very end when you must quickly kill those bat creatures before they destroy those bat angels...whatever they are called

11. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    You just have to survive 5 minutes, not break the record.

12. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm struggling to beat 5 minute mode as well but I've only played a few times. How soon did you guys beat it? It's very fun so far.

13. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I've finally been able to beat it. I guess all you need to do is play it many times, to get to know the levels. Once you've done that, it should be quite easy to complete it.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I got through it on the second run, then I figured out how to start getting top scores. It makes you feel good getting the 100k bonus for perfect levels over and over.

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    memorization is not one of my strong suites.

16. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I'm not sure why people rate this game so highly. It has great visuals, but other than that, it's not that great. The controls are iffy, the levels are repetitive, and there isn't really a replayability factor to it.

17. ASB

ASB Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I agree, but it's still pretty good.

18. Entropic

Entropic Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    The point isn't just to survive for 5 minutes. Think of it as a high-scoring game. In 5 minute mode, aim for as many perfects as possible. That's what's kept me coming back to this so many times.

19. Nesvand

Nesvand Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Review Editor
    Australia
    A lot of it might have to do with the generation of gaming you stem from. I know that my friends and I grew up with the post-market crash consoles and basically lived and breathed platformers (whether we wanted to or not) and those skills never really leave you. As such, playing a game like this is like jumping back in to a warm and familiar bed - it's comforting even despite the kinks. It's hard to separate out the nostalgic kick when discussing Pix'n Love Rush, but I still find myself loading it up automatically and knocking out a 5 minute mode in my breaks so it must be doing *something* right :)

20. Ino

Ino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    This is a game meant to be played for the highscore, it's like saying that Pac Man is a repetitive game - sure it is, but not when you are concentrated on doing a perfect playthrough.

In that regards it's a very good game, with great design, as every single level is theoretically "perfectable" even if it's not an easy task.

As a platformer per se, it's definitely not that good. So it depends on what you are looking for :)