GameClub Pix'n Love Rush (by Pasta Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    But would it be possible to include an option to have no music but keep the game's sound effects? That'd be great.

2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    This is easily in my top 5 favorite games for the iPhone right now. The sound effects, graphics, gameplay, etc are all perfect! Reminds me of the old Taito games.

3. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    #183 writingsama, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010

It didn't work on my itouch 2G. I deleted it, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, then opened it. twice. it still didn't work. but finally, after trying to launch it like 50 times, it came up with openfeint and started working!

I've seen similar behavior...Olive Tree bible reader sometimes will crash after first device reset but then work fine after that. (!?)

P.S. devs who have had at least one "successful" game (don't know if this is you): there's really no excuse for it not working, you should have at least 3 of every device. loan them out to your friends etc. and then test your games on them before release.

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Will buy it as soon as the update comes out so I can play it on my 3G.

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I have seen this mentioned many times throughout the thread, (I just read all 18 pages, start to finish) and no mention from the devs if the screen flip will be implemented. I will get this game if and when it gets a screen flip option, but if it doesn't have that, I won't get it. I do not enjoy playing games with the orientation set to the iPhone orientation.

6. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Great great game. Only complaint is that the red and green themes can sometimes make it a little hard to see what's going on. Way fun though. :)

7. Sl33p3rd-_-b

Sl33p3rd-_-b New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Landscaping
    Rochester NY
    Go retro!

Totally worth buying I bought it this morning. If your a fan of retro games I suggest u buy it. It's like a retro wario ware. Plays like space invaders on meth. Possibly one of the best arcade games available on the Ipod touch. Best dollar I evah spent. :D

8. Venom Symbiote

Venom Symbiote Active Member

Jul 30, 2009
    server at Ruby Tuesdays
    North Carolina
    question...

has anyone else had my problem with updating their software update to 4.0 and then playing this game? I did that early today and for some reason, it feels as if the game runs way too fast...faster than usual :/

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Seems to be working just fine after installing iOS4 on my non jailbroken 2g touch. Sorry, don't know what to tell ya.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    All games will be fine on an ipod touch 3g!
    keep tht question ready aftr 2 yrs :D

11. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    X2 Football 2010 doesn't ;)

It's very laggy on 3rd gen devices due to enhanced graphics.

12. swervdriven

swervdriven Member

May 16, 2009
    Any word on the patch? Since Touch arcade was nice enough to to a front page feature on it but NOT mention that it doesn't work on my damn phone I still haven't tried it out yet.

How does a bug this big get past apple? I've supported these guys and bought all three of their games on XBL Indie games and instantly bought this when I saw the pixl cat on the front page. Pretty disapointing.

13. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    The patch is still awaiting Apple's validation. It has been submitted 5 days ago.
    Really sorry about the bug.
    Still don't know how we could not see it at test time, neither Bulkypix, nor Pastagames or Apple.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Sorry about that, I was almost positive the patch would be out in time for the review, but Apple is pretty unpredictable. Rest assured you'll love the game once you're able to play it, hopefully really soon.

15. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Here's a weird request!

I have yet to unlock Infinity Mode but am not liking how evidently at some point it just starts repeating the same layout over and over, if I heard that right (The DIE board). Please add in a few of these insano end levels so it won't feel so much like "You've reached the end of the Interweb, turn back!" :(

Thanks in Advanced!

16. swervdriven

swervdriven Member

May 16, 2009
    Thanks for the update. I hope it hits soon. =)

17. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Anyone care to share some high scores? I only played a couple times so far but managed 750,000 on the 5 minute mode.

Also anyone else run into situations where it is pretty much unavoidable to lose your combo such as the blocks you should be avoiding being directly in a path you need to take?

18. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    In Pix'n Love Rush levels never start repeating over and over (this of course happens in "infinite modes" because nobody can really create an infinity of real levels).

After 25 levels of so (and God knows it's hard to get there), you reach the infinite level... the DIE level...

Well, we don't like games where, after some practice, you can keep playing forever and score forever, and the best scorer is the most patient one :) The DIE level gives the best player a last chance to grab some more points, and then die ;)

19. delpiano

delpiano Member

Jun 16, 2010
    All levels are perfectable, guaranteed ;)

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Okay, I got you, so not as much as a sloppy "Oh crap, we ran out of ideas" but more of the restaurant blinking the lights to let you know it's closing time. ;)