Universal Pixelot - new RPG for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Iceberger3, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’m back! Ok! So while I was going through the last dungeon I was getting close to max carrying capacity for weapons. If there is one. The inventory has so many empty slots in it so I figured once those are full you can’t pick up any more weapons until you sell some. I didn’t see a drop/destroy option so I recommend that be added (if there is a carrying cap if not then it doesn’t matter you can just carry everything until you get to a shop) anyways, I really can’t wait to play more, for now there’s nothing else to do the guards say the areas beyond are still being developed :p but I killed the mimic and got the mercenaries and did the side quests. In the next dungeons, you should add other puzzles like block pushing, or riddle solving, etc. I’d also slightly lessen the random encounters mainly because the dungeon itself has soooo many guards you HAVE to fight that aren’t random (no really they’re everywhere lol) but I loved how the dark dungeon had more then 1 boss. Shoot more than 2 bosses lol I recommend you keep that in future dungeons. Maybe you can add specialized weapons that drop from each boss? Like a chance to get 1 out of a set of weapons where each one is recommended for a specific class because for the most part all the stuff dropped by enemies were just for selling, anything worth using came from chests which is cool I love exploring and finding a chest to have it contain a new strong weapon for my character lol. There isn’t much more I can say but if you have any questions to ask me about my experience I’ll be happy to answer.

2. Iceberger3

Iceberger3 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thank you again so much for playing this feedback has been really helpful! The elixir should cure all illnesses (poison, haunt, burn) they all do the same thing, just damage over time. I will have to find a way to make this more evident. I can definitely increase the time it takes to find a random battle, especially after fighting a unit/guard. Don't worry there are no maximums to the amount of items you can carry. It will just create a new page :) Yea the gambler needs to be a little stronger. His main attack with the cards is random, so he will either get the fire card (40 power), the lightning card (60 power) or the water card (80 power). When he reaches level 30 he also unlocks the shadow card for 100 power. I'll see what else I can do to make some of his abilities stronger. If you do the quest to recruit Billy the guard he has the ability that you are looking for to force enemies to attack him with a 3-4 turn cooldown. He also gets abilities to lower enemies attack, protect his buddies, and even stun all the enemies for one turn. I am glad you enjoyed playing and yes this is less than 1/3 of what the game is going to be eventually. Right now I am trying to decide whether to do an early release after the next update or wait to release it for a few years while I finish the entire game. What do you think?

3. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Ah I did unlock billy and I had a feeling that skill he has was a taunt but I never actually got to use it because by the time I unlocked him we were all so strong the enemies died before they could attack. But I think the wording of the skill is a little off, it sounds like when the skill is used the enemies have a -50% chance to attack him, just by the way it’s worded*. The impatient gamer in me tells me to tell you to release this game! Lol but the logical one inside says wait, deliver a finished product and and people would be more appreciative. I’m not sure how you plan on doing the pricing or anything. If the game is big enough you can always release it in episodes. Where part 1 could be the first 3 or so crystals and part 2 the next set and part 3 the last and post game stuff. And do an initial charge of .99 or something with part 1 and then new chapters would be another .99 or buy them all right away for 1.99 or whatever. It’s just an example I don’t know how much you’d want to charge for the game but if you made it clear that you’re releasing the game in chapters you might be able to bring it out to release and hopefully start making back a little money while you’re working on part 2. Of course I would lengthen what you have so far for part 1. You can always add more optional dungeons/ side mission series to unlock more people, etc. even add a huge city where there’s a coliseum that has a bunch of battles in it but decent rewards something people can spend time on while waiting for the next chapter. Either way though I’ll definitely be there ;) we gotta get toucharcade to talk about it, because it feels like there’s not a whole lot of eyes on Pixelot and you know, attention is important lol

4. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thats actually pretty close to what I was thinking in terms of releases. Ive got one more major update planned for the first release (if i go that way and not just wait until all 6 crystals) that includes a sewer dungeon, a capital city, and a big castle dungeon. I also have planned a tower dungeon similar to your coliseum idea where you climb infinite floors that get harder and harder but give better items to help people prepare for the next release. My idea was .99 for the first release, then 1.99, and 2.99. But if you bought it at .99, or 1.99, you got the whole game with all the updates when they came out. Haha I am doing my best to get eyes on it! I have been posting here, there and everywhere about it :) I really appreciate your feedback and all the support you have given! It has always been my dream to make a game like this and it has been so much more difficult and involved than I ever imagined and I love every minute of it. I also wish I could finish it quicker but there is just so much I want to do haha

5. Sarah Saunders

May 9, 2018
    Wow I live the sound of this game. I’m about to send you a message to get in on beta testing if still possible.

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa! I’ve just come across this. And I have to say this looks great! Love the pixel art, the clean menus, and the colors. I can’t wait to support this one. It’ll have a home in my RPG folder for sure. ;)

Dailon80 likes this.
  7. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    It should! It’s really good, lol

8. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    #28 Iceberger3, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Pixelot - The Road To Myria
    With two crystals in hand our heroes are destined to travel to Myria, one of the capital cities of Pixelot. The road to Myria will not be easy. I have added two new mini dungeons that the player will need to complete before they actually reach Myria.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The first dungeon is the tunnel that leads to Myria from Lyte. Unfortunately, Giblins have invaded the tunnel and are harassing anyone who tries to make it through. The player will need to defeat all the giblins that stand in their way, including the Giblin Knight, a powerful unit that can protect the entire party from taking damage. The player will also have the ability to recruit Cole, the Miner. To recruit Cole, they will need to collect 3 gemstones inside the tunnel. The Miner class has several abilities that makes it a very versatile class. The Miner boasts several powerful earth elemental abilities that are unique to its class. (This will be very useful against thunder enemies later on). The Miner also has a unique ability which allows him to dig a hole and recieve -50% damage (similar to hiding) and then emerge for a very powerful attack on one enemy. Finally the Miner is able to boost his own attack, stun enemies, and boost his party’s stats.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Once the player has made it through the tunnel, they will arrive at the Myrian Gate! However, when they try to enter the city they are placed under arrest! An unlikely ally emerges from the shadows to help the player escape through the sewers! Here the player recruits Xaan, the dark bandit chief himself. Xaan has the unique ability to deal damage and hide in the same turn using his dark blade attack. With the ability to lower foes attack, stun foes, steal hp, and much more, Xaan makes a very useful addition to any team. The second dungeon is the Sewers. The player must navigate through a series of button puzzles, and crisscrossing bridges to find the exit of the sewers. They will also need to defeat Gary and his Gator Gang, a band of gators that have made their home in the sewers! This mini dungeon provides some very good equipment that will help to prepare the party for some very difficult dungeons ahead!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have been working hard on a lot of new content and am hoping for an early release some time this winter!

9. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    This looks so fun!

10. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
  11. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Pixelot - Myria

After hiking through the Southhill, braving the Giblin Cave, and trudging through the Sewers, the party finally arrives in Myria! The long journey to the next town is complete! We can finally go talk to Luther…

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The party has quite a few tasks they can (and might need) to accomplish first. There are a few quests available to the party upon reaching Myria. You are immediately presented the opportunity to recruit a new character, Lt. Ethan, by completing a quest to kill some more gators (back to the Sewers!). As a Sniper, Ethan has several unique abilities. First, he is able to cycle between three different types of arrows which all raise his power, and grant him additional abilities. Storm arrows add thunder damage and a chance to stun, bomb arrows cause your attacks to do fire damage to all enemies, and poison arrows well… Poison enemies. Aside from being able to rain arrows on all enemies at once and a powerful holy attack, the rest of the Sniper class’ attacks are based on a new target system. First you must use a targeting attack such as lock on, or lock down, (the former stunning as well). Once a target has been locked, the Sniper class can use the snipe attack on them. This is a very powerful attack, that may be used as many times in a row as you want until the target dies. There is a catch, you can only use snipe on targets that have been locked. The Sniper class also has two abilities due to the crystals collected by this point. First they have 10% piercing (similar to the Lancer). This adds a lot of damage to all of their attacks. Second, they do additional damage when attacking the same target. This comes in play when using snipe on the same target. Ethan also comes in tow with some very strong items so it is definitely recommended you pick him up!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Next, the player has the opportunity to visit the town itself! There a number stores selling equipment and potions as standard. Additionally players are able to cough up all of their gold for some very expensive albeit very powerful cloaks. Players are also able to go to the barber shop and change their hair style and hair color. Finally players are able buy relics at the flower shop. They are also able to buy a rose, which comes into handy for a side quest about two lovers!

[​IMG]

Before being able to enter the castle and reach Luther, players must pass the Sage’s Trial. This requires the party to visit the town academy, beat up a few mages, and talk to the professor. These mages have powerful elemental abilities that magnify the elemental advantage and disadvantages. This means most magic attacks will do very little damage unless they are an opposing type. Professor Maple will express that the party needs to go to the town library and defeat the books there. The player is also presented with a quest outside the library for a powerful epic relic.

[​IMG]

The Library mini dungeon is a series of mazes that the player must solve in order to reach the final floor and defeat the boss. The boss is a powerful book that can revive it’s allies and raise it’s defenses. There are a number of good items to find in the maze that make it worth while for the party. After completing the mini dungeon, the player is able to return to Professor Maple and be granted access to the castle!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you so much for reading and I really hope you guys are looking forward to the early release as much as I am!

12. jojo543

jojo543 Member

Dec 16, 2018
    Male
    Looks really nice and prom. Is the beta still live? My testflight is [email protected]

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
  14. slack8182

slack8182 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2017
  15. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thank you guys so much for being interested in the game! I have actually closed testing for now but I did create a sign up sheet so that people can be notified for the next one, as well as when the game goes live!

https://goo.gl/forms/RA1lMU1ckQBhadXw2

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  16. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Pixelot - Myria Castle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final dungeon is here.. and it’s a doozy. Upon entering Myria Castle, the party over hears the Paladin Kyle talking to the Royal Family when he is interrupted by Master Luther, who kidnaps the royals and places a barrier on the Royal Tower. The party then heads off to try and help break the barriers on the final tower. The castle has 4 Elemental Towers, that each must be cleared in order to reach the Final Tower.

[​IMG]

The Storm Tower, the first the party can reach, boasts a series of electrical puzzles the player must figure out. By rotating individual tiles, the player must build a circuit in order to send power to the closed door. The enemies in this tower are nearly all storm type, giving them increased resistance to water and ice spells and making them vulnerable to earth magic. Almost all of them also have the ability to stun you when you are hit by their spells. After defeating the lead mage, you are granted a blue key and the storm seal is broken.

[​IMG]

Using the Blue Key allows you to enter the Ice Tower. Here players must solve sliding ice puzzles similar to those found in the classic Pokemon games (catching Articuno for example). These puzzles get progressively more complex the higher the player climbs. Similar to the last tower, these enemies are all ice/water type, which makes them resistant to fire and weak to storm. Defeating Aaron Burr (lol) gives you the red key and allows you to enter the Flame Tower.

[​IMG]

The Flame Tower boasts powerful Maglords that must not be interacted with. These Maglords have increased stats beyond the level of similar enemies. Similar to the Dark Tomb, these enemies patrol around the tower and the player must weave in between them. With enemies being fire type, it’s a good idea to use ice and water abilities here and not earth. At the top you must defeat a Maglord. On completion you will get a silver key and the Maglord’s magma edge, a powerful epic axe.

[​IMG]

The final elemental tower is the Light Tower. Here players must traverse through a maze of boxes with limited visibility. All the enemies in this tower have the ability to heal themselves which adds an additional challenge. Using dark spells is crucial to victory here as the enemies are highly vulnerable. At the top of the tower the player will finally reach Kyle. Kyle and his allies will then battle the party. This boss fight is particularly difficult because of Kyle’s increased health, ability to protect and heal his allies, and the ability to lower the party’s attack. Upon defeating him you will have the opportunity to recruit Kyle the Paladin, Louis the Heavy Knight, and Mike the Royal Knight.

[​IMG]

The Heavy Knight class has very low speed but very high damage. With increased critical damage, the Heavy Knight specializes in performing high damage attacks. The two signature abilities of the Heavy Knight are Gravity Slam and Colossus. Gravity Slam does more damage to faster enemies. Colossus does immense damage but also stuns the Heavy Knight.

The Royal Knight is a very well balanced class that can protect his party in numerous ways. The primary two abilities are Royal Guard and Royal Cloak. The guard ability protects an ally for two turns, making it extremely useful. The cloak ability will protect the entire party from magic damage. This will come in handy as Luther only deals spell damage.

[​IMG]

Recruiting Kyle gives you several unique and powerful items. An epic helm and armor is coupled with an epic cloak. The helm and cloak can be equipped by anyone. His relic, Lights Might grants a whopping 20% power, which severely increases the damage of whoever equips it. Finally Kyle comes with the first legendary item in the game. A sword with incredible power that also restores 10% hp to the party each turn. This weapon is only equipable by Paladins.

[​IMG]

Finally the party is able to reach the Royal Tower. This tower features enemies from all the elemental towers as well as powerful knights. After solving a series of teleport puzzles, the player will finally reach Master Luther . Master Luther is the most powerful boss to date. He has four unique forms, representing each tower and each element that a sage can cast. It is crucial that the player exploit the elemental weaknesses or else he will be devastated by Luther’s incredible power and allies.

[​IMG]

I know this was a lot so thank you for reading! I am trying to work on the end game content as much as I can so I can get the game out to you guys! Thank you!

17. MattCoding

MattCoding Active Member

May 17, 2018
    This looks really great, looking forward to playing it.

18. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
  19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  20. Iceberger3