Universal Pixelot (by Kyle Berger)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Iceberger3, Mar 13, 2019.

?

Which class did you pick?

1. Paladin

45.5%
  2. Reaper

27.3%
  3. Sage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ranger

9.1%
  5. Oracle

18.2%
  1. Iceberger3

Iceberger3 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    [​IMG]

Pixelot - Class Promotions

A new feature I’m really excited about for Pixelot is the addition of class promotions. When a character reaches level 60, their class gets promoted. Not only does this result in a new look for the class, it also changes their attacks and stats! Here are the class promotions! All promoted class skills deal a little more damage than base class skills. For example all attacks that hit the enemy party have 40 power instead of 30. Here are some notable changes to each classes skills:

[​IMG]
    Paladin -> Templar
    After upgrading to the Templar class, the Templar no longer has to use truth in order to use wrath and judgement. This means they can combo much quicker and deal a lot more single Target damage. Templars also replace their powerful fire attack “Sol” with “Crusade”. Crusade does as much damage as Sol, but also ups the Templars power by 10%. Templars have the ability to equip clothing and heavy armor, and also gain the ability to equip lances.

[​IMG]

Reaper -> Soulblade
    Soul blades have their first combos removed like Templars. This makes it much easier to combo to the powerful Reap and Luna skills that Reapers and Soulblades have at their disposal. Soulblades also replace their “frostbite” skill with “Soul Blade” which had a higher power and also ignores 40% of the enemy’s resistance. Additionally, when a Soul blades casts Icy rage to boost their power, it also boosts the damage of their next attack by 50%

[​IMG]
    Ranger -> Hunter
    Hunters no longer need to cast sting before venom and ambush. Their stun arrow improves to a multi target attack called hurricane which stuns all non boss enemies. Their reload skill also no longer takes a turn, meaning they can reset all of their skill cooldowns and immediately use one. Hunters gain the ability to use axes!

[​IMG]
    Sage -> Magus
    Magi can cast their fire and ice spells in two turn combos now. Their lightning attack increases in power and enables the “Stormbolt” attack which deals heavy lightning damage and lowers the resistance of all enemies! Magi can also use swords!

[​IMG]
    Ninja -> Samurai
    Samurai no longer need to cast quickblade before using dark blade. This means that the ninja can deal damage and hide in the same turn, allowing them to continuously go in and out of hidden cycles much quicker than before. Samurai also have the ability to wear light armor!

[​IMG]
    Lancer -> Dragon Knight
    After Garrett’s promotion his offensive abilities are drastically improved. He gains a power two turn single target combo with Sky Lance and Meteor. His slash and cyclone abilities are changed to fire type, and his piercing attack is changed to a 100 power fire attack that ignores 40% of the enemy resistance. Dragon Knights also have the ability to wear light armor!

There are plenty more changes to classes as they promote and I invite you to check them out in the next update!

2. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    The next update will take care of the take button issue and also adds a tutorial :)

3. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    I have added a game over screen with hp bars for the enemies :)

MattCoding likes this.
  4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    iPhone X full screen support coming too by any chance?

5. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    It should be already supported! I'll make sure the update works full screen on every ios device!

stubbieoz and anthony78 like this.
  6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Hopefully that includes the latest iPad Pro’s :D

Could you also check the current behaviour of the home bar on the latest iPad Pro’s?
    You currently have it set to disappear. Unfortunately that setting means you can accidentally shut the game down with one single upward swipe. Also every time you tap the screen the bar changes to a bright white. Somewhat distracting.

Much better to have it set to grey. That setting requires two upward swipes, and it doesn't change colour when you tap.

7. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thank you so much for this feedback! I will definitely look into this and see what I can do! I really appreciate you bringing this up!

stubbieoz likes this.
  8. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Pixelot - Mt. Magmor

After gaining the Water Crystal, the party heads towards the town of Wyrm in search of Lord Christopher II, the royal prince. Upon traveling the sandy shore, the party comes into contact with several monsters called Orgos. These monsters are all considered boss monsters because of their high stats and size. This means that you will not be able to use any stun attacks against them, and that multi target attacks will not work to your advantage. The party finds Chris in the manor in Wyrm. He is elated to see you and asks for your help in calming down the Orgos.

[​IMG]

The village of Ogra lies just west of Wyrm. The party travels to the village and battles their way to center room where they confront the Orgo Chief. It becomes clear that the Orgo chief is being controlled by the demon Catherine, alike to Luther being controlled in the first release. Once the Orgo Chief is subdued, the party is given some Orgo Boots, which allow them to travel north of Wyrm towards Mt. Magmor.

[​IMG]

After returning to Wyrm to recount your accomplishment, Chris asks for you to go to Mt. Magmor in order to figure out why the mountain has been releasing such heat. In order to reach Mt. Magmor, the party must cross the Searing Sands. The Searing Sands map is very large and the only way to traverse this desert is to stick near the red flags marking a path for the party to follow. Straying too far from the flags will cause the party to get lost in the sand and return to the start of the map.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Once the party has reached Mt. Magmor they find it inhabited by powerful dark knights. The knights claim they were tasked to reawaken Salamandro, a powerful beast that they hope unleash on the village of Wyrm. In order to make their way to the core of the mountain, the party must use the old mine carts to ride to different parts of the dungeon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Upon reaching the core, the party is faced with the 3rd and final demon sister, Amanda. The party reaches the core too late and is face to face with Salamandro. Salamandro periodically raises his defense and power, making it a necessity to defeat him quickly before he becomes too resistant and powerful to kill. After prevailing against Salamandro, the party finds the Fire Crystal. Unfortunately before they have a chance to grab it, Amanda snatches it up. Dismayed they did not collect the crystal, but elated that the mountain is returning to normal, they head back to Wyrm.

[​IMG]

Mt. Magmor has been one of my favorite dungeons to work on. Creating the mine puzzles was a good change from previous mechanics. The wild monsters in the mountain and the Searing Sands include foxes, golems, and bombs. These bombs explode during their first turn to do some heavy damage and also killing themselves. The mini boss of the dungeon is a dark knight that comes with 3 bombs. Periodically he will detonate them and revive them dealing massive fire damage to the party.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am nearing closer and closer to being able to release this massive update for Pixelot. Currently I am in a phase of deep deep testing to ensure there are as few bugs possible when the update is released!

As always thank you so much for reading!

ste86uk likes this.
  9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Woohoo!
    Looking forward to this update.
    Great game. :D

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #30 ste86uk, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Is there anywhere that shows a list of classes and their abilities? The wiki shows classes but nothing else.

Just as I missed this game somehow and it looks and sounds like something I’d really enjoy but I like to know how the classes play and see the skills before starting and choosing one.

Edit: Just wanted to add that seeing it still being supported and loved after so much time is good. Although the AppStore only shows 1 update 11 months ago where the devlog suggests more?

11. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thank you so much for replying. I have been working on a huge update for the game this past year that is going to be released very soon. I work on this as my hobby in my free time which is a little scarce since my wife and I had our baby. I didn't want to push something to production unless it was too quality. The new update doubles the content available in the game, fixes thousands of bugs, has better graphics, and removes the level cap. I haven't had a chance to update the wiki lately but I will be sure to do so and send you a link when it has been updated to better include information about each class and their abilities! I've been really hard at work on this game since the original release and plan to do so for the next few years :)

ste86uk likes this.
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Iceberger3 thank you so much for your reply and I’m amazed you find the time to do it with all of that as me and my wife had a baby also 3 months ago and I can’t imagine working on a game in between everything else! But it’s great to know you care about the game and plan on doing more to it, it may be greedy of me but I do like it when a dev keeps their app up to date and adds content even if it’s paid content if it’s worth it.

Am I best waiting for the update with it saying about all the bugs it fixes or is it perfectly fine without them? As for the classes I guess I can just start a game with each one and see what they get? Or can’t I view more info until I unlock things?

13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Wait for the dev to hopefully reply but in the meantime.....

I been playing for some hours up to around character lvl 24 and have had no bugs or problems.
    You only get to know what the classes skills are as you level up to unlock them.
    There are approx four to six attack skills and four buff/curse skills for every character. Most skills are unique for every character though a few do double up.
    You replenish health after every battle.

A note to the dev;
    Could you please look at changing the behaviour of the Home Bar on the latest iPad Pro’s?
    Currently it is set to disappear. This is not ideal for games because it becomes bright white with every tap (can be distracting and annoying) and only needs one accidental upward swipe to close the game.

Much better if you set it to grey. That setting doesn’t change the colour and requires two upward swipes to close.
    Thanks for considering.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @stubbieoz what character class did you go for?

I was going to wait for the dev but I feel like I’ve heard enough to want to support the app and have purchased it anyway. So hopefully tomorrow I’ll find some time to check it out if I can decide on a class! In old style RPG games I’d always be a mage as they usually had by far the most choice tactically and with skills.

15. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    I went ahead and updated the wiki with a list of the skills for each of the starting classes:
    https://pixelotrpg.fandom.com/wiki/Pixelot_Wiki

Thank you so much, both of you, for your support! I am hoping to release the update in the next few weeks!

ste86uk likes this.
  16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I went for a Paladin. I usually play as a ranger/rogue in these type of games but I decided I wanted some healing early in the game.

To be honest it really doesn’t matter what character you choose because you get access to all characters eventually.
    I actually went and put my character in reserve for a while while I levelled up some others.

The only real reason to make your own character in this game is because you can give them a name. :D

Iceberger3 and ste86uk like this.
  17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #37 ste86uk, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    @Iceberger3 I’ve started 3 games one with the Sage as I usually play mage and they seem to have the most options attack and healing wise.

One with the Oracle as it also seems good and I like hots having played a druid in WoW

Finally the Reaper just because I couldn’t see that you were able to recruit an oracle or reaper through play and Haunt seems pretty good using that and barrage is slaughtering everything. Just wondering if the oracle has a class promotion like the others?

Feels like I’m trying to decide between Reaper and Sage on what I’ll continue with.

Edit: just to add although I imagine your aware but the only annoying thing so far is that the take button is not very responsive at all.

Iceberger3 likes this.
  18. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks for the feedback. Yea the take button handler is actually a little to side of the button display. Dont worry its fixed in the next update! The new update should be released within 7 days. Just waiting for the stores to approve it!

The Oracle promotes to the Seer classs! You can recruit an oracle in this coming update.
    The Reaper is planned to be recruitable in the update after this one! (The final update)
    The haunt ability is very strong, especially after obtaining the shadow crystal!

Thank you so much for playing! Paladins, Reapers, and Sages are my favorite as well. Since you recruit a paladin and a sage, I usually end up playing as the reaper!

19. Iceberger3

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Pixelot - Dragon Trial
    I’m really excited to share the last devlog post before the update goes live!

After defeating Salamandro in Mt. Magmor, the party goes back to wyrm to find that it is under attack by demons! The party rushes to the aid of Lord Christopher and he joins your party!

[​IMG]

Christopher is a Lord / Highlord with powerful defensive abilities. His main attack deals damage and combos into a piercing attack. He has two multi target attacks, the first lowering the defense of all his enemies and the second reducing the damage the party takes. Lastly he has a powerful single target attack that boosts the damage every party member deals on their next attack. His Gaia Blade ability boosts his power and causes his attacks to deal additional earth damage. He has a mirror shield ability that reflects damage on one target and a black cloak ability that blocks all melee damage. His final ability, steelfire, boosts defense and power for the party.

After defeating the demons in Wyrm, Chris tells the party about the dragon trial, a mystical quest into Mt. Volkor to defeat the Dragon Lord Volkor and ask for his protection. The party convinces Chris that they are going with him whether he likes it or not and so they set out to Volkor Valley to begin the trial. The trial consists of three parts, the fire dragons in the valley, the ice dragons in the mountain, and the storm dragons on the mountain top.

[​IMG]

The fire dragon trial is relatively easy and simple. The party travels east through the valley defeating fire dragons until they reach Blacking, the leader of the fire dragons. Blackwing and Garrett get into a … Heated… Discussion and a fight ensues. Blackwing has a powerful fire attack that also lowers the party’s defense. He has a strong tail swipe attack that deals physical damage each turn as well. After defeating Blackwing he warns you that the rest of the dragons will be more difficult and gives you a dragon coat. The dragon coat is an epic armor piece that has high power, balanced defense and resistance, and can be worn by anyone.

The ice dragon trial is the longest stretch of the trial. To traverse the cavern in Mt. Volk, the player will need to navigate through several ice puzzles, switches, and locked doors. There are a number of really powerful items in the cavern including a dragon scale that ignores 30% of the enemy’s defense and resistance. Once you reach the end of the cavern, the party faces off against Azura, the brood mother of the dragons. Azura heals herself and her three eggs each turn. After only a few turns the eggs will hatch. If the eggs successfully hatch they will turn into dragons and be healed to full health. These dragons have infinite power and will 1 shot the party if they are allowed to hatch. The boss fight serves as a sage race as the player must balance staying alive and defeating the eggs in time. Once the eggs are defeated, the rest of the fight is much easier. After defeating Azura, she vows to protect your town and the player takes the ladder to the top of mountain top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The final stretch of the dragon trial is consisted of a few maps where the player must defeat enemy storm dragons and climb higher on the mountain. Off to the side of one of the paths is a rainbow scale relic that reduces magic damage by 30% which is very helpful against the final dragon boss. Upon reaching the peak of Mt. Volk, the player battles against Volkor the Storm Lord, a powerful storm dragon. Volkor deals massive electric damage and always stuns 1 player per turn. A great way to counter this is to have a sage use purify on the party. With their high speed they will cure paralysis for whoever is stunned (unless of course they are the ones stunned!). If the player manages to defeat Volkor, they will receive his protection and the Storm Crystal!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The storm crystal greatly boosts every hero’s offensive abilities and overall power. Once they collect the crystal they meet with Astrum again and they challenge him asking why they need to get more of the crystals. Astrum informs the party that the demon sisters have started a war between Hyperion and Vangarde, the two counterparts to Myria. This is the end of the story content for this update!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While players wait for the next update the have the ability to compete against bosses and monsters in the arena! Defeating the last boss in the arena grants the party a legendary cloak that boosts stats for the hero each turn. When the party recruits Chris, he has a legendary bandana equipped that boosts critical strike chance. The party also has the ability to forge a legendary spear that increases damage against dragon enemies. This is very helpful in the dragon trial and against the last Arena Boss, Prisma. Prisma deals massive damage, is level 75, boosts her own stats, and lowers the party’s stats each turn.

[​IMG]

stubbieoz and ste86uk like this.
  20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thank you so much for the reply I’m glad to know Reaper was a good choice and I like having lots of options so picking something I can’t get anywhere else is good. Plus he’s cool anyway!

Great news on the update although I’m sure it’ll be a long while before I enter that content. It’s great to know you are still working on the game and even plan another update after that!