Universal Pixel Starships (by Savy Soda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Do you like the update?

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Spartyfan6262

Spartyfan6262 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Thank you for the advice. I'll give this a try.

2. grayhatgames

grayhatgames Member

Oct 17, 2015
    Designer
    The retro pixel art remind me of the escapist game, although game is very different from the escapist, game mechanics and controllers are very unique and interesting to play.

3. roy2x

roy2x Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Is the manufacture rate in resource collectors per hour?

4. wilyone

wilyone Active Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Thanks. The explanation makes sense. It just doesn't feel intuitive since you are seeing 2/6 and 2/4 making it feel like there is health to regen when really you are always at max health I guess?

5. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Crew only loses health if hit during combat and they get back to their maximum (level allowed) health at the end of each battle.
    Their health just tell you how many hits they can endure before being disabled in battle vs. max hits they will ever be able to take at max lvl.
    Crew don't lose/regain health in a real time way, so you don't have to heal them or anything like that. At least, I haven't come up to anything able to heal them during combat.

6. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    #86 Tuzzo, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    I'm wondering what the servers have been like before the patch, since they state they have fixed sync errors and improved stability while I constantly have to upgrade things and take achievement rewards multiple times and many battles ends with lost rewards.

Moreover, the game seems to drain my battery more than graphic-intense games like Simcity, Guitar Hero Live and Geometry wars 3.
    I understand this game requires constant internet connection, but the hit on battery is huge!

7. ACason

ACason New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    #87 ACason, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Tough Ships

Just figured this out.

A rooms green bars show how many hits it can take. Once all the bars are gone, the ships hull takes damage.

If you are targeting reactors, shields and weapons. But the enemy crew are fixing things as fast as you can damage them. Their hull will take no damage and if they out gun you. Chances are you hull will be blown apart.

For tough well crewed opponents where they have wrapped their reactors in armour. Target the bed rooms, storage rooms and resource gatherers. You will quickly blow away the ships HPs even if they still have power and are firing on you.

After many previous attempts using the shoot the reactor method. Using this tactic took out the Nightlane with little damage to me. A very tough beta ship that was kicking my butt.

-- Bombing Away

8. ACason

ACason New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Win the loose Bug

Is anyone one else seeing a bug, where you win a PVP. Points, crew Xp and resources added. But next time you log on, your log shows you as having lost the fight and have suffered a big deduction in points and resources ?

Happened twice to me now when fighting the early access Beta ships at the top of the leader boards. The ones with the special ship components.

9. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Not recommended

Within 5 minutes of playing i ran into 3 issues:
    - first tutorial mission did not load; I waited 10 minutes without anything happening. After reloading the app it worked. I ran into this bug two more times on normal missions.
    - language is mixed. Some parts of the text are in english, other ones in german (I run a german iOS). No option to completely switch to only english. The german text very often is missing the last line(s) because it does not fit the text box completely.
    - chat gives the option to report inappropriate things but the whole chat scrolls down every time someone speaks on the chat the whole thing scrolls down and deselect the current selected chat line. There seems to be no moderation; reported players were not sanctioned. I already experienced a high level of toxicity.

In its current state that game is not recommended; its way too buggy and should be removed from the app store immediately.

10. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    The bars actually show their maximum energy cost (yield for reactors), which is incidentally equal to their health. When crewmen are manning a room, it's not that they are regenerating the room faster than you can damage it: you first need to kill the crew and only then you can start damaging the room they were in. If you pay attention, you'll notice it he the crewmen's health bar that's getting depleted with each shot.
    What you say applies only to missiles, which ignore shields and crewmen ad deal damage directly to the room; in manned rooms, when a missile hits, you'll notice one of the green bars to briefly turn off only to suddenly turning on again; that's because the crewmen there are effectively repairing the damage you have done directly to the room. Lasers and turrets, instead, first hit crewmen and when the room is empty, they start damaging the room.

You can also research toxic missiles in the lab which release a toxic gas in the room they hit, effectively damaging its occupants.

11. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    I think you are getting a partial translation because of an automatic (sort-of) translation engine many games are using now (without full notice from their developers too o_O)
    Seems like such games automatically pick up the language iOS is set to and apply translation using a "common vocabulary"; it's a generic vocabulary, it seems, so many terms and phrases are not translated and you get the mixed language issue.
    The only known way to have the game in full English is setting iOS language to that one.
    If may also be some pieces of an initial translation that get picked up by the game because the developer hasn't fully disabled the feature, but I really don't have an answer. I just know it happened in other games too (Warhammer 40.000: Deathwatch is one of them)

12. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm loving this game still, lots of you guys are fair with your criticisms but it get better as you progress and get familiar with the systems. Definitely a rough start, and it's not even version 1.0 yet but I'm enjoying myself :) can't wait for alliances!

Also the unmoderated chat is too crazy now haha

13. Pyoh

Pyoh New Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Has anyone figured out how to get the first tutorial mission to appear yet?
    I've still had no luck, I've restarted it, reinstalled it, restarted my phone, etc.
    Still nothing.

14. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm having so much fun with the chat. XD

15. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I'm guessing the mining and gas collector rooms don't count towards your actual mineral/gas storage? They basically serve as offline collecting 'banks' that accumulate while you're offline?

I'm digging the game, despite the rough edges. I've found that the rare occasion I've had a sync issue that caused my minerals/gas to disappear, force shutdown/restarting the app fixes it.

Also digging the Apple Watch capability to collect resources without touching the app.

Did anyone else get a male nurse crew member from the 'holographic' tutorial? If so, don't stick him in storage! He's way better than either of my starting guys.

16. ACason

ACason New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Beta shi bug Agggg!

Also digging the game. But the bug where you get no reward points from a PVP against a Beta ship is pissing me off. About 2/3 of my presented PVPs are these ships, so pointless to fight them and trust me, doing your 4 ish daily walk over missions is a little dull.

17. ACason

ACason New Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Nurse is good, but get beer

Yes the male nurse is good, but as soon as you can upgrade your lab and research Beer. The Hero characters are very good.

18. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Just got the lab, but damn is beer expensive! Will take a ship upgrade or two to make room for all that gas.

19. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    #99 sushibox, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Well dang, I just got a device replacement and I'm unsure how to get my save to port over to the new device. I can't seem to create an account (only lv.3 though, I might have to be higher?) from the settings menu either. Has anyone run into anything similar? I'm sure I'm just being silly and overlooking something.

[Edit] Well it looks like I was already registered, I was simply using the wrong email on the new device. Well aren't I the smart one, haha. Looks like everything is working smoothly on the new phone, yay!

20. supervisr

supervisr Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Yes, you got the description of this game spot on, this is clash of clan in the space. (Down deep in my heart, i feel disappointed)
    I was expecting game like INFINITE SPACE (NDS), which offer story and loads of strategy + ships.

This is CoC : space edition. And im done with this kind of game. Too much waiting on collecting reso and building wait time.