Universal Pixel Starships (by Savy Soda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Do you like the update?

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Does anybody know what the bridge is doing?

And how am I supposed to tweak my AI settings if I can't view attacks on my ship?

2. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Precisely. Their "Manufacture capacity" only shows how much manufacture they can hold before they stop producing minerals/gas. So, yes, you're right. They are just offline storage.
    Mining lasers, for instance, have a higher yield rate, but they can only hold 100 minerals (at max level), which means you have to collect minerals too fast to be a reliable offline storage.
    Mine rooms have a lot more manufacture capacity, but accumulate minerals at a much slower rate.

3. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    The bridge gives you a small chance to dodge missiles. It's unclear whether it only works for regular missiles or even for projectiles from turrets. You can view a few past attacks in the journal panel (you open that through the trophy icon, right side of the screen) and then selecting the camera icon relative to the battle you want to see. If you only have the "eye" icon, it means too much time has passed since that battle. You can't see them all, just a few from the more recent ones.

4. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    #104 chk1975, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    In the past battle attack log I can only view attacks I did myself not attacks by others on me :-(

5. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    can't seem to get past the loading screen, even that one time I did, after selecting gender, it showed the error messages again.

any work around?

ios9 iPhone 5s

6. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    I have to logout gamecenter to get this game to work so go to settings and logout see if that helps.

7. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it worked!

bummer cos it means no achievements for my other games but yea okay haha.

kudos for the top tip!

8. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Since I am unable to see replays of attacks on me I have no clue what my AI is doing.

Does anybody have some AI settings tips?

9. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    Here's what I use for my AI scripts:
    Rooms:
    My weapon rooms all target the enemy shield rooms unconditionally
    My missile room targets enemy shield and will stay at full power until enemy missile room is destroyed, then it powers down.
    Crew:
    Reactor room guys: if my reactors < 100% target that room. (this will move them to the damaged room)
    Shield room guys: if my shields < 100% target that room. (this will move them to the damaged room)

I just got my pirate ship to level 5, but this set up worked well all through my 4th level. My overall theory is not to disable the enemy ship by destroying their reactors, but to punch through shields, disable the shields, and do as much damage as quickly as I can to take them out.

I'd love to hear what other set-ups you guys have.

10. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Doesn't load the tutorial, even after multiple restarts and reinstalls ... 10/10 GG

11. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    To last poster: logout of gamecenter to get the game to work.

Thx for the info on the AI
    How do you get your crew to return to their otiginal room after a repair?

12. 3mry5

3mry5 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2014
    I've tried that to no success sadly, has anyone else found it not to help?

13. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I have a guy in my shield room that I also use to keep an eye on lasers. First AI command is if lasers HP < 100%, then target laser room. Below that, second command is to always target shield room. Give that a try.

14. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Yes setting always target original roon did the trick. Thx.

15. GR8SaGe

GR8SaGe New Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Progressing quite well and really enjoying the game so far but man have I been suffering from some major frame rate issues lately! The game has worked beautifully up until now (approaching a lvl 6 ship) but recently whenever I enter PvP or even just a single player mission, BAM, slowdown like you wouldn't believe! Strangely though it returns to normal the very second I defeat the opponent and their ship is leaving the screen in flames while the victory music plays. At first I thought it was my old iPad 2 trying to deal with all the AI commands I'd started using lately but after deleting them all, same thing. Tried deleting the game and reinstalling, rebooting the device, no effect. It's a real dampener on an otherwise addictive and enjoyable little game.

16. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ive been sitting with this game on the "to be played" screen since launch waiting for an update to address all these issues i've read on here. Any word from the dev?

17. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Can somebody explain me how to use the teleporter?

This game defenitly needs a in game help section.

18. Mojocuervo

Mojocuervo Active Member

Sep 30, 2013
    California
    chk1975 - How to teleport.

Two ways - Manual and use AI.

Manual -
    1) Make sure teleporter has power.
    2) Touch and hold on your troop, drag over to sideways chevron (>>) to change view to other ship. While you are doing this you should get a white line from your troop to where your finger is at.
    3) Once your view changes to other ship, drag white line to where you want to teleport to. When teleporter is fully powered your troop will teleport.
    4) Profit!

AI method -
    1) set AI of troop to target desired room.

Personally I prefer the manual method. Teleporting troops is VERY powerful. Target rooms that are empty, and work your way through the ship causing havoc!

Enjoy!

19. chk1975

Jan 9, 2011
    Thx for the reply I would never have discovered thar.

20. Droow

Droow New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    #120 Droow, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    WARNING stay away from this buggy mess!

Ugh, I used to be a supporter of this, and actually spent 25 euro's to support this sorry excuse of a game.

The reality is that the game is full of bugs, including bugs that take your real money, but end up not working as advertised. In fact; they end up not working at all! So go kiss your money goodbye, because you'll never see it again.

Reporting it to the devs is absolutely futile. Weeks later they still haven't responded to my complaint on their own forum. Sure they respond on their social media, promising reimbursement, trying to look good. But, ZERO action is taken. Calling them out on it results in them claiming to not having received my ingame name, which is total BS. Note that I never even asked for a real money refund, just the ingame currency lost through a glitch.

It has become blatantly obvious that the devs don't give a rats ass about paying customers. Now imagine how much they care for your non-paying experience. Such a shame of a product with potential.