Universal Pixel Starships (by Savy Soda)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Do you like the update?

1. Yay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I am jealous of all of you being able to play during a soft launch.
    Sigh.... I'll wait here in the US for the worldwide release in January.
    I won't cry... I'm strong.....
    LOL!!

2. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    So....this is basically Clash of Clans in space, right?

Upgrade rooms, slowly collect resources, attack other players to steal resources, rinse, repeat.

3. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #23 baldeagle86, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
    I'm still really enjoying it, although I can't understand the pvp resource loss. I'm losing 2.9k minerals & 802 gas in one loss. ONE LOSS!!! The most resources I've gotten from "wealthy" players are a few hundred, is this a glitch?

I really hate feeling like I lost a few hours worth of resources from one loss, please let me know if this is intentional devs

Edit; alright, I just upgraded my ship to the next level THREE TIMES. Every time I pressed upgrade the game reset back to the title screen and reloaded, to where I had lost lots of resources, so I PVP until I have enough and then poof gone again. I understand this is just a soft launch but this is very frustrating :(

4. savysoda

savysoda Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Unstablefan : ), please have a go at becoming a Star Captn in Pixel Starships and then tell us what you think?

Hello baldeagle86!!! Thanks for taking interest in our game and playing it ^^. With regards to the amount of resources you get from a wealthy player, it's not really a glitch -- the opposing player is only wealthy in comparison to you so the amount of resources they have may work out to be very little....but yes there are plenty of bugs right now and the game seems fairly grindy but the team is working super hard to iron out problems and balance the game for the next update and worldwide release so please wait for us! Thanks again for becoming a Star Captn with us!

Stay strong Star Captn Lavender!!!!

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I'll try Sir.... I'll try........
    :)

6. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Hello Savysoda! Hopefully I didn't sound too angry, I definitely love the game I just was having a bit of a fit after not having the upgrades work out. I got the notice & the game is running a lot smoother now, & the resources from attacking makes sense to me now.

Now my only problem is being in the top 25 and not having anyone to attack :p

Keep up the GREAT work! This game is awesome!

7. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    #27 baldeagle86, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    Hey savysoda I have some bugs to report and a question for you :)

1. Crew not levelling up when you spend a buck to do so. This is a really common thing for me, where I will spend the space buck to level the unit and nothing happens, but the buck is spent. It wouldn't be an issue if it happened irregularly, but it happens very regularly for me

2. Ship upgrades; I already mentioned the room upgrades not being registered, but I have a new problem now. Anytime I upgrade my ship the app re-launches itself and reloads to where I was when I originally opened it. For example I logged in, with 1k minerals and gas, did a lot of pvp raids up to 35k, upgrade ship and relaunch to go back to 1k resources. The strange thing is I keep all my trophies, so I know the game is trying to sync but something is just not computing.

My question is could we get an option to restart our ship and choose a new one while keeping our username? I started the game with the yellow one and a certain username and quickly realized the black pirate ship is the better one. So I made a dummy account and now it's become my main, with some dumb username. So if we could restart from scratch that while really help!

I'm really really enjoying the game and will continue to play it regardless, I just thought I would give you guys a heads up on those bugs before the global launch.

8. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I got one of the soft launch codes off the front page and have been playing daily (except over the holiday). I'm wondering if there's a major different mechanic I haven't found yet.

(I post under a different name on the news articles.)

9. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    What does this even mean? What are you referring to?

10. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Hi savysoda, I have another bug to report. The missiles won't build or be in my inventory after exiting the app, and they disappear upon return from a fight. In addition to that, my ship only shoots 2 (when I waited and built 80)

11. Unstablefan

Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I meant a game system or activity that I hadn't discovered. And I think there is...I just unlocked rooms that allow you to preprogram crew activities and that allow you to transport to enemy ships. I have no idea how either of them work, but they seem like they could be really cool.

I'm looking forward to the full release, and hoping lots of people will post advice and things like that.

12. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    Oh I see what you mean, yes there are a few systems to 'unlock' like that. The AI scripts from the command room are very helpful! I don't know if it's a bug but they work and stay in place even if you put the room in storage. I've seen guys use the AI script to have their crew repair a room and then leave it, as if they're there playing the battle live: no clue how to set that up though, so that would be very helpful to find out!

Another system is the teleport room. You might have seen them in the single player missions, the room teleports crew into your ship and they attack whoever's in the room. 2 downsides though, I don't know if you can pick which room they teleport into, and it doesn't seem to matter what level they are. Whoever is already in the room will win the fight. I had a lvl 1 alien kill my lvl 10 commander in 1 shot.. haha. I haven't really used this room much since I can't figure it out.

Can't wait for full launch and yes hopefully we can get some constructive conversation happening!

13. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    This is fun so far. Mix of FTL and Fallout shelter. PVP and single player. IAP seems a little heavy handed. Timers on upgrades, but I'm liking it.

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Interesting concept. I'm enjoying it but need to figure what all the rooms do. Like in battle I run out of energy all the time and realize reactors create energy which are filled by turrets and missles ect. But enemies of lower level take out my shields and reactors right away leaving me screwed and having to surrender all the time.

Maybe balance?

I'll have to play more later.

15. baldeagle86

Dec 21, 2013
    It's definitely a slow start, you'll get instantly disabled in battle like you said. But soon enough you get shields which help out, and as you upgrade you get a second reactor. If I were you (or anyone else starting) I would focus on upgrading reactors, laser cannons and resource storage first. The reason being you earn MASSIVE amounts of resource in pvp, so much you could probably just fight instead of waiting to collect resources. Just my 2 cents, feel free to ask any questions anyone!

16. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Wow, Hi savysoday,

It looks a good game. I'll try... COngratulations!!!!

17. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Getting an error everytime I try to start the game.
    Looks like a server error.

18. Tuzzo

Tuzzo Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    Tech assistance
    Italy
    Hi savysoda.
    I've just downloaded the game and I'm giving it a try.
    Just a quick question: where are the "many more factions" teased in the alpha gameplay videos?
    Are they still planned in a future update?

19. j.e3diu

j.e3diu Active Member

May 28, 2014
    Downloaded today. Seems like my kind of a game :)

I was just wondering if it would be possible to end a match in a draw? Feels a bit cheap to be defeated when the opposition didn't even shoot once :(

But hey that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    This looks cool, but the f2p aspect will probably hold me back. Hopefully, someone will make a paid version of something like this someday for iPhone. Sure, you could say "Just try it!" But I really don't want another timer/energy/IAP heavy app to check in and out of. But I love the look and idea behind it. Hopefully, it will do well with the f2p crowd.