Universal Pixel Puzzle Collection (by KONAMI)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 19, 2018.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Please keep me posted once you hit 100% I’m curious to see what lies ahead. A no hint playthrough seems pretty lame. I was thinking a 20x20 or bigger or something else totally surprising like play a mini game or some shit

2. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    Ok. Just got 100% and the game unlocked “expert mode” where you can’t use the X button, it unlocks a few new puzzles and songs and the counter starts going beyond 100%. The problem is that you can’t select the new puzzles and just do them, they just go to the pool and it resets back to the one star puzzles. I don’t think I want to do all of those again just to get to the last ones. Not that I’m complaining, it was already great value.

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Damn! That’s impressive. I’m at 67% myself but is it really just a repeat of the puzzles you’ve already done? That’s a slight bummer. Like you said. It was a free game and not invasive AT ALL! So I have no qualms with continuing on my mission. Shit it’s 500 puzzles for free already

4. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Wow. I'm impressed. Do you have any tips for some of the sparser puzzles? Does it just come down to trial and error?

5. leokamiya

leokamiya Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2017
    A lot of the 5 star puzzles were practically impossible to do “the right way” so I would just bang my head on them until a hint was available and use it. Most should be doable with just one lucky hint. That said, what I usually do is, on the lines with the biggest total sums I try to see what overlaps both ways on each number and mark those. It’s a bit hard to explain.

The technique to play these games all came from playing the ones Nintendo released. Those are very well made and really teach you the ropes.

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    What a great game. I was playing a lot when the game first came out and really slowed down when I reached 95%... Beat this to 100% and didn’t realize it went beyond 100% as mentioned in one of the previous comments. I’ll just take my time to complete the expert mode too.

Overall, the puzzles weren’t too difficult for me. I had trouble on a few, but just guessed and started over if needed to. I like how the puzzle maxed out at 15x15 as it’s playable enough on the phone. (I also like Paint it Black, but on the larger puzzles, I ended up having to use my iPad as the phone became too frustrating to play.)

7. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #27 tops2, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    For anyone still playing this game..below is the latest update:
    I updated and now there's ads for Konami games. There seems to pop ads between puzzles.

I'm fine with the ads since the game is so generous..but it is a bit jarring since I've been used to the game being ad free since its release (October 2018).

Just a word for warning for those really adverse to ads in games.

Edit: Added release date.

8. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I mean it would be nice if they had the option to pay to remove ads.

tops2 likes this.
  9. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Agreed!

Just for kicks, I tried downloading YuGiOh and see if Pixel Puzzle Collection can see it and disable its internal ads..didn't work.

I didn't try downloading the Soccer game app they're advertising though (my wifi password the past few days feels really slow for some reason..and hopefully its not my iOS 14 updates in various devices)...